This is my show

Go go go go go

This is my show

Need you baby like I breathe you baby

I need you baby, more more more more

Ah...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Need you baby, more more more more

Said I need you baby, more more more more

Fuckin' need you baby, more, more, more, more.

I personally am sure it's "drag and"

as for the story behind this, it's really not clear. I get more of a feeling it's towards a record executive figure

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It really feels to me like Lana being possessive over the record executive that also worked with Gaga and became increasingly distant with the former and more attached to the latter.

This song grew on me a lot with a second listen. I love the theme of the corruption of power in this album.

I get more of a feeling it's towards a record executive figure

It really feels to me like Lana being possessive over the record executive that also worked with Gaga and became increasingly distant with the former and more attached to the latter.

OMG 

Yes

THE SONG MAKES SENSE NOW

Gaga's basically admitted she's done things to get to where she is now, too (Swine).

--

I take that back, ahaha, with the second verse about someone mimicking her, it just makes me super confused because that would maybe mean Lorde but Lorde's style is quite different from her's... maybe Lana's just crazy and delusional and paranoid, but that would mean that Lana's admitting that she's possibly fucked her way up to the top because only the first and second verse is directly about someone else

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

OMG 

Yes

THE SONG MAKES SENSE NOW

Gaga's basically admitted she's done things to get to where she is now, too (Swine).

I thought she was sexually assaulted by men in suits

edit: nevermind she talks a lot of bs anyway 

Who cares what happens in the inside? I love both Gaga and Lana and I don't care if Lana wrote it about Gaga. I will pretend Lana wrote that about Lorde which I really despise, even before she said shit about Lana. I don't know I don't hate singers in general but that little kid gets to my nerves. She is a spoiled brat imo :pft:

So here's why it's unfortunately about Lorde

Life is awesome, I confess
- Responding to Lorde's criticism of portraying a glamorous lifestyle that no can relate to. She confesses it's awesome, I guess.

What I do, I do it best
You got nothing, I got tested
And I passed, yes
- In the game of alternative female pop singers, Lana professes that she does it best, and this amplified by the fact that she is successful even despite being "tested." She passed the test of public scrutiny, while Lorde didn't because she was immediately successful. Sense the jealousy here tbh

Lay me down tonight
In my linen and curls
Lay me down tonight
Riviera girls
- I know Lorde has curls etc but I think this is just a pretty nonsense Lana phrase. Of which she is full.

I fucked my way up to the top
This is my show
- Like it or not, kinda of a "nanana boo boo" in the face of Lorde's feminist message

I'm a drag and you're a whore
- A little trickier. Maybe this is Lorde talking to her? Bc I can't see why she'd call Lorde a whore.

Don't even know what you're good for
Mimicking me is a fucking bore to me
- As far as mimicking, look to her new interview for the significance of the hip-hop sound of this song: "I would say the track having more of a hip hop heavier beat, whereas the rest of the album is live and organic…it kind of drives this one particular point home." Hip-hop influence is important here, something she and Lorde share. I mean plenty of sewer rats on LanaBoards.com have attempted to (unconvincingly) compare their sounds, and maybe Lana is surrounded by too many yes men and she believes this, too.

Need you, baby, like I breathe you, baby
Need you, baby, more more more more
- Here's the breakthrough and what's been getting all of us hung up. Why portray some kind of romance in a diss track? So we turn to Gaga, who likely fucked her boyfriend based on "So Legit"...but the rest of the equation doesn't match up. I think this part is mocking Lorde's particular gripe with "Without You": "She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: “I’m nothing without you.” This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear." This line portrays exactly that desperation that Lorde was complaining about.

So is it a good look for Lana? No. But this shit is about Lorde let's begin facing that.

I'm a drag and you're a whore
- A little trickier. Maybe this is Lorde talking to her? Bc I can't see why she'd call Lorde a whore.

Don't even know what you're good for
Mimicking me is a fucking bore to me
- As far as mimicking, look to her new interview for the significance of the hip-hop sound of this song: "I would say the track having more of a hip hop heavier beat, whereas the rest of the album is live and organic…it kind of drives this one particular point home." Hip-hop influence is important here, something she and Lorde share. I mean plenty of sewer rats on LanaBoards.com have attempted to (unconvincingly) compare their sounds, and maybe Lana is surrounded by too many yes men and she believes this, too.

This shit is about Lorde and that's why it's awesome but then again I only started liking her after "So Legit" leaked

I think the synthetic beats and vaguely OTTR sound are meant to imply that Lorde is, in fact, the manufactured fame-whore star chasing "Glory and Gore" while Lana is the "live and organic" Other Woman chasing something more transcendent ("You talk lots about God / Freedom comes from the call") -- or, like, Lorde is her Carmen-esque doppelgaenger, prophetically referenced when she said, "Only seventeen, but she walks the streets so mean"

So, like Lennon's "How Do You Sleep," the song ends up being about part of herself (BTD hip-hop Lana, "The sun also rises

/ On those who fail the call") that she then sacrificially destroys

Consider that she most likely used the man from Katy Perry's "ET" video in Tropico for a reason; again she is the Other Woman on the pop charts

Need you, baby, like I breathe you, baby

Need you, baby, more more more more
- Here's the breakthrough and what's been getting all of us hung up. Why portray some kind of romance in a diss track? So we turn to Gaga, who likely fucked her boyfriend based on "So Legit"...but the rest of the equation doesn't match up. I think this part is mocking Lorde's particular gripe with "Without You": "She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: “I’m nothing without you.” This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear." This line portrays exactly that desperation that Lorde was complaining about.

Good catch. I didn't think of that.

Regardless of who or what it's about, it's become one of my favorites from the album.  :legend: