sweetie

Fucked My Way Up To The Top

Here I thought "I got tested, and I passed, yes" was about regularily testing yourself against diseases since the next line is "lay me down tonight", meaning she's safe to... you know, "do" tonight. And then I saw the song is about Lorde. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Here I thought "I got tested, and I passed, yes" was about regularily testing yourself against diseases since the next line is "lay me down tonight", meaning she's safe to... you know, "do" tonight. And then I saw the song is about Lorde. :toofunny:

LMAOOO me too at first

queen of sexual health

Nope, just assumptions made by people in the earlier pages. I don't think Lana would ever confirm if the song is about someone or not.

I couldn't imagine this song is actually about Lorde. It was 2014. Could you imagine Lana calling a 16-17 year old a whore  :toofunny:  hahahaha

Plus "mimicking me is a fucking bore" Lorde sounds nothing like Lana. Their styles are completely different

I really do wonder who this song is about though! Maybe it's just about multiple people, not one specifically

I couldn't imagine this song is actually about Lorde. It was 2014. Could you imagine Lana calling a 16-17 year old a whore  :toofunny:  hahahaha

Plus "mimicking me is a fucking bore" Lorde sounds nothing like Lana. Their styles are completely different

I really do wonder who this song is about though! Maybe it's just about multiple people, not one specifically

wait lorde is only 20? I thought she was like 28 wtf

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Also, "Need you baby, like I breathe you, baby

Need you baby, more, more, more, more

Need you baby, like I breathe you, baby

Fucking need you baby, more, more, more more"

She's being sarcastic/sardonic in response to this quote:

"I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: 'I’m nothing without you.' This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear"

This kind of disproves my earlier post above.... maybe it is about Lorde giphy.gif

wait lorde is only 20? I thought she was like 28 wtf

I think she recently turned 21!

Are we sure

–"Tell me something nice

About your favorite girl"–

is right? I can't seem to hear the word "nice" at all and it bothers me so much when listening to the song. I hear something like "tell me something I– I'm your favorite girl" but sounds kind of silly and weird.

Lay me down tonight

In my linen and curls

I think Lana's reference to "Tiny Dancer" in "Tomorrow Never Came" might not be the only reference to that song. I think these lines may be a (probably unconscious) reference to the line "Lay me down in sheets of linen" in "Tiny Dancer".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

After hearing the demo I definitely think she says dragon

C'mon guys, Lana's not being anti-feminist with the word "whore". Maybe she's just a big GOT fan. :troll:[table]

250px-Daenerys-Targaryen-Profile-HD.png

250px-Shae_in_Two_Swords.png

I am a dragon

You're a whore

[/table]

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.