Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Old Money

Parts of the melody are the same, I don't know if it was intentional at all.

I do know that Old Money sampled Methamphetamines, an old a cappella song by her (Lizzy Grant Era).

But, I'm not sure if she drew inspiration from the Romeo and Juliet score for Methamphetamines.

I honestly think Old Money is inspired by The Great Gatsby. Because, in The Great Gatsby themes of 'old money' run throughout the novel. Also, the love scenes in the movie and in the book when you see Gatsby and Daisy when they were younger the song honestly fits perfectly in a way... It sounds like it is more through the perspective of Gatsby than Daisy. 

I honestly think Old Money is inspired by The Great Gatsby. Because, in The Great Gatsby themes of 'old money' run throughout the novel. Also, the love scenes in the movie and in the book when you see Gatsby and Daisy when they were younger the song honestly fits perfectly in a way... It sounds like it is more through the perspective of Gatsby than Daisy. 

We're talking about the melody :)

EotAQlJ.jpg

Maybe it was subconscious inspiration? Perhaps she heard the Romeo & Juliet melody at some point, and then when she was writing "Old Money," the theme came to her on a subconscious level.

EDIT: Never mind this post, mistake

Since I can't delete it enjoy this picture of an adorable kid falling asleep though

1313398002_baby_falls_asleep.gif

Edited by Creyk

Where have you been?
Where did you go?
Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

A masterpiece :bebe:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

This song's melody is for sure taken from "what is a youth" from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack (1978), but the words in the song strongly correlate to The Great Gatsby in my opinion, as it mentions subtle details like "The queen of New York City" And the Great Gatsby takes place in New York. There is also more evidence that this song is about the Great Gatsby. The lines "Sunsets, small town, I'm out of time" and "Will you still love me when I shine? From words, but not from beauty" talk about where Daisy and Gatsby met (Louisville) and them him having to leave as he is trying to make a fortune to win over Daisy, and the next line talks about how Gatsby is infatuated with Daisy's beauty and it's one of the big reasons why he's in love with her, and another thing is that he is in love with the Idea of having Daisy in his life and not for who she really is. This also might be a coincidence, but the director of The Great Gatsby (2013) also directed Romeo and Juliet (1996), this could also be a reason as to why the melody of the song is taken from Romeo and Juliet