Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Cruel World

I wanna see people's interpretations!

The verses are about te death of a relationshi, how giving her 100% was a waste because it ended. She's long gone and she's left alone to put herself back together.

The chorus is about her putting on a strong face and partying like it doesn't matter, but even though she claims she's "te best", everyone knows she's "a mess" and she's crazy--she's not filling anyone.

I wanna see people's interpretations!

The verses are about te death of a relationshi, how giving her 100% was a waste because it ended. She's long gone and she's left alone to put herself back together.

The chorus is about her putting on a strong face and partying like it doesn't matter, but even though she claims she's "te best", everyone knows she's "a mess" and she's crazy--she's not filling anyone.

I kinda agree with you! However, I think the verses are Lana lamenting the loss of their relationship, but the chorus is Lana just saying 'honestly, I'm fucking better without you'; she isn't putting up a façade. Despite this, the way she sings in that drugged up, wasted voice kinda suggests that she's turned to substance abuse to help herself out. The music supports this view, imo, as it gradually gets heavier and heavier as Lana gets high, but when the drugs wear off, the music becomes less extreme and Lana's sadness about the relationship's end is exposed.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I personally LOVE it. I think it is my fave. Especially the "because you're young, you're wild, you're free, you're dancing circles around me" part. It gets me every time. And the very beginning of song -the guitar notes that actually open the album- sound so classic and classy...

I'm guessing the song is about her fans (it's all for you): http://radio.com/2014/06/12/lana-del-rey-interview-maleficent-ultraviolence/

I always feel that my energy level stays the same during shows, it’s kind of at this mid-level, but everyone in the audience is at this manic high-level. For me, the show is always about them. I find myself just getting lost watching them, because they’re so animated.

Young, wild, free -- dancing circles around her, crazy for her

The "red party dress" is a repeating signifier of being an Object perceived by numerous Subjects. "The roses had the look of flowers that are looked at."

I'm guessing the song is about her fans (it's all for you): http://radio.com/2014/06/12/lana-del-rey-interview-maleficent-ultraviolence/

Young, wild, free -- dancing circles around her, crazy for her

The "red party dress" is a repeating signifier of being an Object perceived by numerous Subjects. "The roses had the look of flowers that are looked at."

:hdu: This totally works.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Brooklyn Baby, on 09 Jun 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

Shared my body and my mind with you

That's all over now

Did what I had to do

'Cause you're so far past me now

Shared my body and my life with you

That's way over now

There's not more I can do

You're so famous now

Got your Bible, got your gun

And you like to party and have fun

And I like my candy and your women

I'm finally happy now that you're gone

With my little red party dress on

Everybody know that I'm the best, I'm crazy

Get a little bit of bourbon in ya

Get a little bit suburban and go crazy

Because you're young, you're wild, you're free

You're dancing circles around me

You're fucking crazy

Ah...

You're crazy for me

I shared my body and my mind with you

That's all over now

I did what I had to do

I found another anyhow

I shared my body and my mind with you

That's all over now

I did what I had to do

I could see you leaving now

I got your Bible and your gun

And you love to party and have fun

And I love your women and all of your heroin

And I'm so happy now that you're gone

Put my little red party dress on

Everybody know that I'm a mess, I'm crazy

Yeah, yeah

You're fucking crazy

Oh...

You're crazy for me

Got your Bible and your gun

You like your women and you like fun

And I like my candy and your heroin

And I'm so happy, so happy now you're gone

Put my little red party dress on

Everybody know that I'm a mess, I'm crazy

Yeah, yeah

You're fucking crazy

Oh...

You're crazy for me

Oh...

You're crazy for me

This is probably a bit technical lol, but it should be "heroin," without the "e."

"Heroin" is the drug, "heroine" is a noble woman.

I don't know, I think it might be about her alcohol dependence? 

She says that when she writes about a person it's actually the way she felt when she was inebriated...

Can someone speculate as to why she include "suburban?" I do not get that part.

She differentiates herself from her audience which is both drunken and middle-class http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/lana-del-rey-interview/

Well, I mixed it with my studies in theology, because it was the best school for the Jesuit faith and all of the Jesuits taught philosophy classes. There was just a lot of talk about going back to that basic question: Why do we exist? How did reality come to be? Why do we do what we do? And how not to become the butcher, the baker, the candlestickmaker, the guardians of the middle-class—that really interested me. I don’t know. Yeah, I loved being around people who wondered why we were here.

As in ... "Here we are now, entertain us." They don't wonder in their suburban ennui; they merely want to be entertained. But she (the Other Woman) will be waiting, and whispers "remember."

Clearly there is a bit of cynicism ... I sympathize. "In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion."

Her Bible and Gun emerge like an etherial echo from beyond; esoteric Ice and Fire in distinction from their exoteric Bibles and Guns. Let the light in; it's a Cruel World.

"Got your Bible, got your gun ... I'm finally happy now that you're gone" is perhaps an ironic inversion of Barrie's line https://www.facebook.com/nightmareboybjo/posts/413946528751206

"she's so lonely now he's gone

he's day dreaming of his new gun

she's a feeling his only one"

Candy can be related to sex or drugs (ecstasy, cocaine).

Urban dictionary most fitting definition of "candy"—

candy

n.

1. euphemism for sex

2. something (usually flashy like

a lure) used to get sex

3. drugs, particularly cocaine,

crack, or E

1. Hey little girl, want some

candy?

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg