sweetie

Pretty When You Cry

So, I was listening to this song via Deezer and this lyrics are shown after the first verse:

I'm the girl that has always been the wild one
But when it comes to you I'm the affectionate one
You changed don't know how people didn't see
You were the one for me
Now I'm here sitting crying
But your the only one who's pretty crying
And I'm the one who ended this
Even though you know I wish
That you were my husband
And I was the pretty one crying

*check proof of the lyrics here in their own official webpage

And I started laughing because what kind of fake lyrics are these?? LMAO but then I calmed down a little and searche where they got their lyrics from because like where the fuck do they got these??? and it turns out they get their lyrics from this website called LyricFind which defines itself as the world's leader in licensed lyrics with licensing from over 4000 music publishers, including all majors: Universal Music Publishing Group, blah blah...... and it's the source of tons of companies like Billboard, Google, Amazon and Apple according to their website... And I was like wtf? if this site is so legit why the fuck does it make a mistake like this? And then I digged deeper in their website and turns out they work closely with publishing societies around the world to aggregate licensing, including:

The Harry Fox Agency (USA)
APRA/AMCOS (Australia/New Zealand)
OSM BHD (Malaysia)
CSDEM (France)
APEM (Canada)
COMPASS (Singapore)
and many more.

So

What if these are actual lyrics for a Lana song, what if these are the lyrics for Wild One... Like, I'm just assumin they are of Wild One because they say wild one but at the same time, I swear y'all, I karaoke using Deezer and a few months ago those were not the lyrics shown for Pretty When You Cry :pray:

Wild One was registered in both APRA and The Harry Fox Agency, could LyricsFind somehow got access to the song and or it's lyrics, make a mistake and post them via Deezer on PWYC's lyric page...

IDK guys...  :illumilana:  anyways, what do y'all think? could this be a legit theory or just my reach of the week?  :godlaugh:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

All the pretty stars shine for you, my love

Am I that girl that you dream of?

All those little times you said that I'm ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY

Scream

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Bridge lyrics according to her performance last night:

Don't say you need me when

You know that you'll leave again

I'm stronger than all my men

Except for you

Don't say you need me if

You know that you're leavin'

I can't do it

I can't do it

But you do it well

(could possibly also be "don't say you need me here / you know that you'll leave")

(2:29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVK4vu6Wp0

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

When I was 14 yo I was friends with this girl and she always told me that she liked me cause I made her laugh. One day I fought with the rest of the people in that group (except for her) but still, long story short, we ended up fighting. I texted her a long ass message that I ended with “hope I made you laugh one last time since everything I ever was to you was a clown”.

You may be wondering what the fuck does this have to do with the song?

Today I realised that the pronouns in the song and in the title are different, and I had an eureka moment

The title is basically something the guy she was with used to tell her, and the same guy cheated on her and abused drugs, which made her sad and made her cry

So, IMO, the whole song is about how he makes her cry cause he never comes through (as said in the chorus) and her repeating “I’m pretty when I cry” is like her taking a jab at him, saying “you’re an asshole and you have me crying but at least I look pretty doing so, right?” which is the same thing I said to that girl (it was something along the lines of “you’ve turned this into a joke but at least you’ll get a good laugh off of it”). It’s like she’s making hers something that she felt was used against her

In the end it’s useless cause he doesn’t care about her and he doesn’t care about her reappropriating that thing but for Lana it’s a turning point

Don’t know if this was something that had already been said but it struck me today and I felt the need to write it down

When I was 14 yo I was friends with this girl and she always told me that she liked me cause I made her laugh. One day I fought with the rest of the people in that group (except for her) but still, long story short, we ended up fighting. I texted her a long ass message that I ended with “hope I made you laugh one last time since everything I ever was to you was a clown”.

Don’t know if this was something that had already been said but it struck me today and I felt the need to write it down

You cracked the code.

Today I realised that the pronouns in the song and in the title are different, and I had an eureka

The title is basically something the guy she was with used to tell her, and the same guy cheated on her and abused drugs, which made her sad and made her cry

Yeah she said this on the track-by-track album commentary

image.png

Yeah she said this on the track-by-track album commentary

I don’t know whether to feel proud for getting it on my own or dumb for saying something that was already known lmaoo

In all honesty I don’t usually read up on lana’s lyrics so I don’t think I would’ve ever seen it, thanks for pointing that out!

I remember someone made a status update asking whether people found this song sexy or not, and most answered that it was sexy in a weird way. Well I just found this (amazing) video where Lana herself thinks this is her sexiest song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTP32C4lfpU

I find it sexy in a morbid way. Like, it'd put this song, Heroin, Cruel World, among others, in a kinky sex playlist.

Oof, what a song. Hard to listen to, indeed. The pain of waiting for a not-so good time in your life to come back to you for the sake of those little ecstatic fleeting moments that make up the very thing only some get to call happiness.

This is genuinely one of her worst songs (off of her worst project.) It literally sounds like some stem edit mash up of vocal outtakes and a guitar track. I think she even mentioned how she admitted to rhyming "you" and "you" on the chorus. The fake alternative mix I like a bit better, but I seriously cannot fathom how this got on the album versus Cherry Blossom, or Your Girl. Filler track