Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Money Power Glory

I think she's referring to the fact that her man is a religious man. Growing up catholic I often heard about things like "following God's call." So maybe she's saying that her man thinks freedom comes from following God.. Does that make sense? :erm:

Quick question, "Freedom comes from the call" what exactly does she mean by that? :) Thanks! :$

I think she's referring to the fact that her man is a religious man. Growing up catholic I often heard about things like "following God's call." So maybe she's saying that her man thinks freedom comes from following God.. Does that make sense?

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

I think this song is satirical, but also a very spiritual song with many allusions to heaven and God. The use of hallelujah/alleluia is a factor. Also, I think the "land that's far away" is heaven.

I think this song is satirical, but also a very spiritual song with many allusions to heaven and God. The use of hallelujah/alleluia is a factor. Also, I think the "land that's far away" is heaven.

Well, she glorifies money, power and glory in this song like others do it with religion.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Does anyone else hear "Dope and diamonds, that's all that I am" in the bridge?

In fact, if the official lyrics weren't transcribed on the last page, I'd be 100% sure that's what she says.

I've been singing it this way since the day it first came out, so... whatever anyone else says, this is what I think is correct.

This song is clearly sarcastic, due to the overall tone.I do question on whether or not PWYC and Brookyn Baby are satirical.

I recall her saying in an interview something about hating when her boyfriend said that to her. Yes, but I don't recall it being sarcasm? I'm on the fence with sad girl.

This song is clearly sarcastic, due to the overall tone.I do question on whether or not PWYC and Brookyn Baby are satirical.

I recall her saying in an interview something about hating when her boyfriend said that to her. Yes, but I don't recall it being sarcasm? I'm on the fence with sad girl.

Woah I would very much like to hear/read this interview... Do you happen by chance to remember which one it was or where I can find it please?

ZKcaooE.png

i think it was this one? 

I've never heard this before I FUCKING love you   :heart:  :judgingu3:  :crying5:    I really really can't wait for the Interviews section it's really what I'm into and this one is particularly interesting

ZKcaooE.png

I've never heard this before I FUCKING love you   :heart:  :judgingu3:  :crying5:    I really really can't wait for the Interviews section it's really what I'm into and this one is particularly interesting

She did this for Spotify Germany i think, after UV was released.