Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Money Power Glory

I think she talks about her ambitions and the fact that she's determined to get whatever the fuck Β she wants... :) And that she's a spiritual person but also she doesn't shy away from the materialistic pleasures ;)

Am I the only one who thinks that Money Power Glory is a "Million Dollar Man" of Ultraviolence?
Everytime this song starts I feel like she's going to sing MDM + lyrics sound like both songs are about the same man...

nsaalk.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that Money Power Glory is a "Million Dollar Man" of Ultraviolence?

Everytime this song starts I feel like she's going to sing MDM + lyrics sound like both songs are about the same man...

Β 

I highly doubt this song is about someone else. It's all about herself.

I highly doubt this song is about someone else. It's all about herself.

interesting observation! i always thought the song was about some powerful/charming/charismatic man in her life... the same person "JFK" is about for example :D

nsaalk.jpg

interesting observation! i always thought the song was about some powerful/charming/charismatic man in her life... the same person "JFK" is about for example :D

Β 

I feel like in Money Power Glory she is kind of analyzing and reflecting on her life and career. She once said that the whole Ultraviolence theme was basically her life at the moment. Similar to God Knows I Tried, but much more sarcastic (she's acting like the fake, plastic daddy's little girl the critics said she was).

Someone commented under the Carcasonne performance that she/he understands L.A New York instead of Halleluja... can't unhear it now and kinda makes sense

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Someone commented under the Carcasonne performance that she/he understands L.A New York instead of Halleluja... can't unhear it now and kinda makes sense

i thought it was that until like 2018 lol

negAbhB.png