Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Sad Girl

i love this song so much but at the same time it manages to be one of the most boring uninspiring tracks on the record :delicious:

some days i love it, other days i’m meh about it. the intro will forever be iconic to me though 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

31 minutes ago, lanadelgrant said:

So is it "Makes me so sad, girl"? Or "Makes me a sad sad girl"?

“Makes me a sad, sad girl” it makes sense when she’s saying “I’m a sad girl, I’m a sad girl, I’m a saaaad girl, I’m a bad girl,” etc

if she’s ever done it live (can’t remember off hand any particular shows) she might change it up. She does that a lot with live versions of things so it wouldn’t surprise me. Other people here are more experts on whether we’ve heard some songs live or not, i can’t remember if this is one of the ones that gets played often or not at all

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think this song has one of the best instrumentals/production in the album. For that reason, I don't see it as a filler.

Recently I came across a mash up of it with Your Girl. Idea of having Your Girl as its outro sounds amazing! You can check below:

Spoiler

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

this song feels like 70s-80s HongKong 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

37 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

one of the most boring uninspiring tracks on the record 

the worst song on the album is the other woman and that's only because nina simone did it better
you know you've got a quality album when the worst song on the album is still practically immaculate

sad girl is one of the best songs on the album :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the worst song on the album is the other woman and that's only because nina simone did it better
you know you've got a quality album when the worst song on the album is still practically immaculate

sad girl is one of the best songs on the album :true:

please don’t hold me accountable for something i said 2 months ago i’m a very different person :trisha:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

"DEL REY: Right. I think that also, people are being a lot more careful with what they say. I remember my first big interview with Rolling Stone for Ultraviolence. He asked me about the song “Sad Girl.” Where it goes: [sings] “I’m a sad girl, I’m a sad girl, I’m a sad girl.” He said, “At 29, don’t you feel uncomfortable calling yourself a girl?” I was like, “You mean instead of?” And he said, “Well, a woman. I mean, you’re like 30.” I was really caught off guard because I wanted to talk about how I mixed my own album with this guy Robert Orton. Then, I said, “Well, what about that Jennifer Lopez song [‘Girls’] or the Beyoncé song ‘Girls Run the World’? I think she’s older than me.” And he was like, “That’s different. That’s a fun song.” I don’t feel like those kinds of questions get asked anymore. For me, it was trial by fire. It’s definitely a different era now."

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Oh woah this song is finally clicking with me..!

: ) the instrumental itself gotta be lana at her most arctic monkeys ever and i love how firm and unapologetic she is on this one - lyrically narrative-wise

though i’d still swap it for favor of another song - like Your Girl 

13 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Oh woah this song is finally clicking with me..!

: ) the instrumental itself gotta be lana at her most arctic monkeys ever and i love how firm and unapologetic she is on this one - lyrically narrative-wise

though i’d still swap it for favor of another song - like Your Girl 

i often feel like a lot of her unreleased songs are just other ‘versions’ or ‘reboots’ of the songs that did make the cut…like she’ll make a couple songs out of the same idea and pick the one she likes best

Sad Girl/Your Girl, Ultraviolence/Cult Leader, Off to the Races/Heavy Hitter, Blue Jeans/TV in Black and White, Religion/Crazy for You, etc….

obviously they’re not direct correlations BUT (in my head) a lot of her unreleased songs have a sister song that DID make the album. I can see why certain songs got cut because they’re basically the same as others. She wanted to write a song about _______ so she came up with a couple and picked/refined her favorite one. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me