Sign in to follow this  
SarcasticBeauty

Guns and Roses

Never understood the hate for that song, the instrumental is pretty good and the production on the vocals too (the outro is amazing). The chorus is repetitive but it’s just like PYWC or Sad Girl’s so idg why y’all hate it so much

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

It's very lacklustre. I can appreciate toned down songs but this one just sounds like a mindless filler. I will admit, the verses are cute but not enough to consider it a 'good' song. Of course this is subjective, so my opinion isn't everyone else's.

I think some of my bitterness towards the song comes from the fact that Lana really chose it over Your Girl and Yes to Heaven (both of which are far more superior to G&N) :nails:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i don't understand why people hate it so much, maybe because it's just very slow and mellow? that's what i love about it, i know some people have pointed out that the chorus is very repetitive which i understand, but it's not like other songs off of ultraviolence don't have the same repetition (ultraviolence, sad girl, black beauty)

Simply It just comes off as a very weak and mediocre song altogether, it doesn't do much for me, I don't feel like it adds absolutely anything to UV as an album. 

It SCREAMS filler and the fact that she had amazing songs like Flipside, ITH? or the other leaked outtakes on the table... And she chose this track. 

It has a cute production though, I'll give her that, but UV shines production wise so I'll give her props for doing the bare minimum. 

:oprah3:

8nl2OpX.png

No. It is insufferable to listen to past the first verse and chorus.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Never understood the hate for that song, the instrumental is pretty good and the production on the vocals too (the outro is amazing). The chorus is repetitive but it’s just like PYWC or Sad Girl’s so idg why y’all hate it so much

Sure they have repetive choruses, but we can't deny the absolutely outstanding production that Sad Girl has, the verses are great as well. Same with PWYC. And THAT vocal delivery! 

I'm sorry, they might not be career highlights like West Coast or Shades Of Cool, but they're far from being considered universally bottom of the barrel stuff. 

The girl put some effort on those two tracks and it shows! 

8nl2OpX.png

3 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Sure they have repetive choruses, but we can't deny the absolutely outstanding production that Sad Girl has, the verses are great as well. Same with PWYC. And THAT vocal delivery! 

I'm sorry, they might not be career highlights like West Coast or Shades Of Cool, but they're far from being considered universally bottom of the barrel stuff. 

The girl put some effort on those two tracks and it shows! 

Sad Girl is my last favorite on the record, the production is messy :oop2:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

this songs is such a vibe the desert rock instrumental with lana hazily singing about her heavy metal man and going to Detroit n shit I love it :toofunny: plus the verses and bridge are a little piece of heaven I feel like if the song went verse 1 verse 2 chorus bridge chorus it would be much better tho 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

13 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Sad Girl is my last favorite on the record, the production is messy :oop2:

That's a messy opinion I'll give you that :hottie:

Joking, but actually I'm not a Sad Girl stan, I actually consider it the first "good" track from UV, I do feel the downgrade a little after the first six AMAZING tracks, so I do recognize both its strengths and weaknesses

8nl2OpX.png

I think a valid criticism of the song is how droning and basic the melody of the chorus is. And the agonizingly long the outro is without much differentiation in vocals or instrumental. The verses are beautiful and the bridge... fucking exquisite. It's interesting how collectively people love or hate a song, but it's hard to conceptualize why that is.

This is also why I "dislike" the song Lust For Life

Edited by thatvenicebitch

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

10 minutes ago, thatvenicebitch said:

I think a valid criticism of the song is how droning and basic the melody of the chorus is. And the agonizingly long the outro is without much differentiation in vocals or instrumental. The verses are beautiful and the bridge... fucking exquisite. It's interesting how collectively people love or hate a song, but it's hard to conceptualize why that is.

This is also why I "dislike" the song Lust For Life

I know, I always feel like I'm the only one that LOVES the final Lust for Life track, I know it's not her best I just feel like it's a great pop track

8nl2OpX.png