naachoboy

Born to Die vs Ultraviolence

211 members have voted

1. 1. BTD or UV.

• BTD
    • UV
    • Can't decide
    • I like both equally

First yasssssss, anyway I pick Both so far, as I haven't heard ULTRAVIOLENCE in full(missing the bonus bonus tracks lol)

and since i know this thread is going to get extra messy, follow me on instagram: LordChxrles xxxx #Shamelesspromo :dance:

plus, I haven't thematically, visually, sonically, melodically, lyrically, insightfully, instrumentally taken the whole album in :derpna3:

:smokes:

I love both! BTD is a gem, but UV is shaping up to be one too. ( songs are still growing on me). There are things I prefer on BTD like vocal production, lyrics, and things I prefer on UV like the different style ( BTD kind of sounds the same) and melodies. I can't choose :giveup:

EotAQlJ.jpg

I'm so in love with UV, many of the songs have me in awe. BTD was amazing, I loved it, & I love UV. I have a feeling Lana's got me under some sort of spell - I love everything she's created (released/unreleased), so I've chosen both 

Well, Born to Die has "Dark Paradise," "Lucky Ones," AND two inexcusably obliterated versions of otherwise great songs ("Diet Mountain Dew" and "Lolita"), while Ultraviolence masters the art of filling its shittier tracks with all kinds of redeeming qualities. And despite these (few) low points, the highs are so high that it might even outdo Lana Del Ray with time. So...come at me br0 :xgiggle:

U.V. is just on a whole another level sonically and completely different from B.T.D.

BOTH albums are masterpieces by themselves but in my opinion U.V. is edgier and more mature than B.T.D.

Lana has really outdone herself and if this continues just imagine how much more greater her 3rd album will be!!

Ultraviolence. By a long way.

Sonically, it's a much more cohesive and coherent album. The tracks all sound like they work well together, unlike on BtD where I felt that there were too many different styles going on.

Lyrically, the songs are so much cleverer than BtD. She doesn't rely on simple rhymes anymore - she's painting a picture to us. Florida Kilos is AMAZING simply because of the way it sings about drugs in such a twisted, sickly manner; similar to in Boarding School.

Lana's also ditched the 'don't leave me I can't live without you' image, which I'm so glad that's she's done. She's so much more mature about love - just listen to Old Money and see how much more advanced and complex it is compared to Without You.

I think a lot of people were expecting Born to Die 2.0 in UV, which is why they were disappointed. But it was never intended to be a rehash - it was gonna be something fresh and new.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

BTD slays but Ultraviolence is making me cry

+ there's an extra bonus iTunes track for UV coming out when the actual album is released. So far both but we'll see...

I live UV, but it wouldn't make me a stan.

BTD did.

And now that BTD did make me love her, I really love Ultraviolence.

But BTD is the best, yes :rock:

I love everything about Born To Die and Paradise - the trip hop beats, the heavy violens, the voices which are used as instruments, this tiny little snarring-sound which is often used, the glamour, the personas of the vintage upper class beauty queen, the softdrink drinking, drug addicted trailerpark lolita and the motorbike riding pole dancer chasing the american dream.

I also like UV a lot, the sound of it is more chilled and relaxing, I like the rock-take on and the e-guitars,I like the "narcotic swing". But somehow, when i listen to BTD and Paradise, I have a very satisfied feeling. Even tough they are not super-story-telling, they feel like a complete thing. With UV i have the feeling of getting a look on some kind of situation and atmosphere, but it ends as fast as it started, although the tracklist is longer and there are longer songs. But maybe that's the reason: some of the songs are very long while others are very short, or at least appear short in comparison to the long ones. When i listen to Cola, at the end of the song I feel like i just listend to my fav paradise-Track. When I listen to PWYC, I feel like i want more to come. On UV i always have the feeling that, by being more experimental, she did less work on the lyrics and concept of the tracks.

So in the end I like both albums, with a slight preference for BtD and Paradise, but I guess this could change because I only heard UV  twice as a complete album

But like someone said above, BtD made me a fan, I'm not sure if i would be adoring her so much if her first one was UV.

But I really look forward to driving to UV, I loved it with Paradise too (BtD was not the best driving music in my opinion) and UV seems like it's really good for this.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!