sweetie

Is This Happiness

I hear "got your gun, I've got my dare" as if she's egging him on to shoot her or something?? Idk. The verse makes me think they're in midst of a bad argument, he grabs his gun and she's daring him to do something with it.

THIS

Lana wouldn't ruin such an emotional song with a daddy reference... 'Dad' simply makes no sense. I've been listening to this closely and you can't hear the D at the end of it so it's most definitely DARE, since she mentions him having a gun. It's logical lel

Someone change it pls

ZmJh1LG.jpg

THIS

Lana wouldn't ruin such an emotional song with a daddy reference... 'Dad' simply makes no sense. I've been listening to this closely and you can't hear the D at the end of it so it's most definitely DARE, since she mentions him having a gun. It's logical lel

Someone change it pls

tru................although this is also the person who wrote the lyrics "crying tears of gold like lemonade" LOL. as much as i'd love for it to be something else, i think it is Dad (but not in the sexual way, the father-y way imo)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

tru................although this is also the person who wrote the lyrics "crying tears of gold like lemonade" LOL. as much as i'd love for it to be something else, i think it is Dad (but not in the sexual way, the father-y way imo)

LOL I know but in this case it doesn't even sound like dad if you listen closely... It makes sense to talk about courage, he has a gun but it doesn't matter cause she's brave enough and challenges him -one gun on the table, headshot if you're able- how could her dad be helpful in that situation? lel

:whatever2:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Been recently obsessed to the point of madness with this song. I always have trouble differentiating the romanticized accentuated version of reality and the part of fiction and this song is such an amazing example. I know it's sketchy and really ~fangirl theory~ of me but I can't help wondering if she *did* took violet pills and what actually are these violet pills and are they supposed to cure a certain mental illness and these lyrics definitely feel like the most personal ones for me. Weird name because for me it's definitely the saddest song. "One gun on the table headshot if you're able" makes me wonder if she's talking about suicide or to someone else like trying to confront him. Both seem relevant. And is she willing to commit suicide because of said mental illness and I don't know, it seems so EASY to understand and yet it seems to hide such a bitter truth, like she's letting us guess it without having to tell things clearly but wow, I really wonder how much sadness she actually feels. I could talk about it for hours and say not much but turn in circles around the point :( I just want to know what happened, not necessarily in a voyeuristic way, I just really want to understand her better and I'm very interested in this story even if it's fictional, it's so intense, so gently violent, it's fucking hardcore but with a very calm melody and the word "happiness" repeated over and over again, she's a genius.

The fact that it's obvious to me that it's dedicated to Barrie doesn't help. I love this song so o o ooo muchCHCHchCh Jesus Christ I'm tearing up again, the second verse is a fucking masterpiece

ZKcaooE.png

Been recently obsessed to the point of madness with this song. I always have trouble differentiating the romanticized accentuated version of reality and the part of fiction and this song is such an amazing example. I know it's sketchy and really ~fangirl theory~ of me but I can't help wondering if she *did* took violet pills and what actually are these violet pills and are they supposed to cure a certain mental illness and these lyrics definitely feel like the most personal ones for me. Weird name because for me it's definitely the saddest song. "One gun on the table headshot if you're able" makes me wonder if she's talking about suicide or to someone else like trying to confront him. Both seem relevant. And is she willing to commit suicide because of said mental illness and I don't know, it seems so EASY to understand and yet it seems to hide such a bitter truth, like she's letting us guess it without having to tell things clearly but wow, I really wonder how much sadness she actually feels. I could talk about it for hours and say not much but turn in circles around the point :( I just want to know what happened, not necessarily in a voyeuristic way, I just really want to understand her better and I'm very interested in this story even if it's fictional, it's so intense, so gently violent, it's fucking hardcore but with a very calm melody and the word "happiness" repeated over and over again, she's a genius.

The fact that it's obvious to me that it's dedicated to Barrie doesn't help. I love this song so o o ooo muchCHCHchCh Jesus Christ I'm tearing up again, the second verse is a fucking masterpiece

She is talking about Barry, and how he is so dark/depressive all the time (ties in with Black Beauty's meaning). She says that if he is mostly doom and gloom and talks as if he  can't be remedied then why doesn't he just do it - end it all and end his "suffering". Of course she is calling him out on his weakness and cowardness with the line. (you complain all the time but you are afraid to do anything to improve your situation)

It's really clever songwriting

Yes I agree thank you, I think that's the obvious meaning, I just wonder what's the part of truth and the part of romanced song writing. It's for some reason so different than the rest... So blatantly personal... And the fact that it's an iTunes exclusive makes me wonder too, it's as f she wanted to pass a message without having to say it, which wouldn't be that unusual for her right, she's so weird ilh. Basically I just wonder if she has a mental illness and get treated for it but I know it shouldn't matter that much. As long as she's happier now.

ZKcaooE.png

I assumed it was "I've caught my death" but haven't actually put any thought into it and it doesn't make much sense but it's poetic

Listened again. Maybe "I got my debt"?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Can I just say that Lana looks EXACTLY like Charlie in your sig? It's fucking disturbing

Can I just say that Lana looks EXACTLY like Charlie in your sig? It's fucking disturbing

Lmao I don't remember where I found this face swap edit but I think it's beyond hilarious. Team Barrie 

ZKcaooE.png

It could still be "I've got my Dad"... It's not necessarily a sugardaddy reference, she could just be saying she has her father on her side.

Like she's using her father as a weapon because he's so protective of her and would fuck this guy up if he hurt her.

RVhKIwP.gif

It could still be "I've got my Dad"... It's not necessarily a sugardaddy reference, she could just be saying she has her father on her side.

Like she's using her father as a weapon because he's so protective of her and would fuck this guy up if he hurt her.

This is the way I always heard and interpreted it.

9ISvyf0.gif

I think it was supposed to be an outtake from the Pre-Dan Auerbach recordings.

Like when she said that the album will be dark and more stripped down, I think that this is one of the songs that she was talking about (same with Black Beauty and Angels Forever).

I think she decided at the last moment to put it as iTunes exclusive.

giphy.gif

I think it was supposed to be an outtake from the Pre-Dan Auerbach recordings.

Like when she said that the album will be dark and more stripped down, I think that this is one of the songs that she was talking about (same with Black Beauty and Angels Forever).

I think she decided at the last moment to put it as iTunes exclusive.

Well it was an amazing decision

Enough said  :deadbanana: