sweetie

Is This Happiness

it's a crime this song and Flipside were only exclusives for iTunes and Target, respectively. I need them on a vinyl release

I had downloaded this fan-made album from Tumblr not too long after the release of UV and this and Flipside were on it, along with leaks that happened between BTD and UV. So I always thought this and FS were unreleased for the longest time lmfao

An absolute crime, this should've been at least released on the physical version of the japanese edition, I'll never forgive Interscope for doing that.

8nl2OpX.png

On 6/13/2014 at 6:23 AM, Stoop Kid said:

Also, witch hazel often symbolizes perseverance, inspiration and spiritual understanding, and wisdom from one's feelings; it was also used to divine the future. Almost seems like the "betrayal" bit scoffs at remedies for a lost soul who doesn't have much direction and feels desolate.

On 6/21/2014 at 9:39 AM, labelledejour said:

Well, in my searchings, i found that Witch Hazel is a plant (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hazel) or an astringent produced from it. It's the name of an animated cartoon from Warner Bros, but it's also the name of other cartoons, from Disney and MGM for example, and others (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_Hazel_(Looney_Tunes)). But the most interesting thing i found about it, is that Witch Hazel stands for Heroine too (www.noslang.com/drugs/dictionary/w/)

This song will be forever in my heart

I also wanted to add another meaning for which hazel that I found:

"A true symbol of protection Witch Hazel repels negative energy clearing the way for positive outcomes.

Witch Hazel symbolism for protection. Acting as a talisman naturally just a small branch kept in the pocket even works. A true symbol of protection Witch Hazel repels negative energy clearing the way for positive outcomes. If harm is sent your way by another, Witch Hazel deflects and reflects the negative thoughts back at the person who is sending them.

Foretelling such things as the state of health, wealth, love and romance. Witch Hazel has an uncanny knack for revealing the truth. Swaying people toward sharing their innermost feelings without inhibitions or fear of consequence. Placed in a meeting ensures an honest discussion.

Witch Hazel: Masculine and Feminine

Planet: Sun and Moon

Element: Fire and Water"

https://sentientmetaphysics.com/witch-hazel-symbolism/

I love how she’s asking herself whether what she’s experiencing is happiness as if she cannot be sure because she has never come across it before or loving someone deeply does not promise a great relationship and happiness and she’s questioning that. 

Her fragility is out of this world. Love her. 

On 5/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, mansfield ringer said:

There isn't a single bar in this song that doesn't punch you in the gut

Also there's this airplane?* engine sound in the second verse that is also in Heroin

absolutely obsessed w it, would kill to hear it live, just piano...imagine.

also i take paxil and its violet colored, always wondered if this was the violet pill she sings about :um2:

aOaIzH2.gif

On 4/25/2021 at 5:12 AM, rightofjupiter said:

absolutely obsessed w it, would kill to hear it live, just piano...imagine.

also i take paxil and its violet colored, always wondered if this was the violet pill she sings about :um2:

I take Paxil, too, though mine is not colored violet. I’ve always thought it’s Xanax that she’s talking about.

I think I finally understand the "man to man" lyric. She says "You think you're Hunter S Thompson, I think you're fuckin crazy as the day's long, man to man, heart to heart" I think she's saying that he thinks he's some genius journalist, when SHE is the HST between the two of them and she's speaking to him as truthfully as she can -- she's the one who writes about her cheap thrills, whereas he's been specifically TRYING to, but he can't, whereas she can.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I think I finally understand the "man to man" lyric. She says "You think you're Hunter S Thompson, I think you're fuckin crazy as the day's long, man to man, heart to heart" I think she's saying that he thinks he's some genius journalist, when SHE is the HST between the two of them and she's speaking to him as truthfully as she can -- she's the one who writes about her cheap thrills, whereas he's been specifically TRYING to, but he can't, whereas she can.

Ooh, I like this take!! It almost reminds me of the verses in NFR—both are jabs about the lover’s writing and “artistic genius”…except Is This Happiness would be NFR’s darker, older sister, in a way

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

24 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Ooh, I like this take!! It almost reminds me of the verses in NFR—both are jabs about the lover’s writing and “artistic genius”…except Is This Happiness would be NFR’s darker, older sister, in a way

It kind of also plays into the "I'm your man" line from Mariner's Apartment Complex, too, which was more than likely unintentional, but still

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole