Jared

Ultraviolence Reviews: 74 Metascore (DISCUSS REVIEWS ONLY)

MetaCritic updated and UV is now at 78 with 11 review.

Reviews that MetaCritic is yet to add:
Pretty Much Amazing - 91
LA Times - 75

Exclaim-70
Drowned In Sound - 70
Mojo-60

Chicago Tribune-50
The 405 - 30

Still not published:

Billboard-They have been extremely positive towards Lana (see Coachella review)

Consequence of Sound-LDRO said it was highly positive

Boston Globe-Reviewer said UV was "staggeringly good" and that he was "awestruck" on Twitter.

Rolling Stone-Will probably be lukewarm at best.

New York Times-Could be extremely positive based upon interview (unless a completely different writer is used)

Tiny Mix Tapes-Infamously gave BTD a score of 0

Well, they're doing all of the work in making themselves look completely unprofessional while making their click-bait even more obvious. 

Besides, anyone who reads the review can clearly see that it doesn't even touch upon the album. Not to mention his many tweets insulting her appearance and admitting that he was going to write a negative review before even listening. They exposed themselves...the Twitter trolls need to give it a rest.

Metacritic updated the score and it's now at: 78.

PopMatters gave the album a 7/10 and it appears as an 80 on Meta lol, better for us i guess. The 405, Drowned In Sound,  Exclaim, Pretty Much Amazing and L.A times reviews have not been updated yet.

Metacritic updated the score and it's now at: 78.

PopMatters gave the album a 7/10 and it appears as an 80 on Meta lol, better for us i guess. The 405, Drowned In Sound, Exclaim, Pretty Much Amazing and L.A times reviews have not been updated yet.

PopMatters did give it an 8/10 (link in one of my last updates). The other was just a blog post.

PopMatters did give it an 8/10 (link in one of my last updates). The other was just a blog post.

Oh i didn't knew that! Sputnikmusic gave the album a 3.5 btw (counts on Meta) and SoSoGay gave it a 4.4 (This one doesn't)

OMG "You've probably landed on this page because of your unhealthy obsession with a pop star called Lana Del Rey. Emailing people things such as "I hope you get aids" because a writer expressed their opinion is not only wrong, but it shows how unbalanced you are as a person."

What I got when tried to access the 405 critic...

assholes

ZmJh1LG.jpg

MetaCritic updated again and UV is now at 76 with 16 reviews.

Mojo-60
Chicago Tribune-50

Still not published:

Boston Globe-Reviewer said UV was "staggeringly good" and that he was "awestruck" on Twitter.

New York Times-Could be extremely positive based upon interview (unless a completely different writer is used)

MetaCritic updated again and UV is now at 76 with 15 reviews.

LA Times - 75

Mojo-60

Chicago Tribune-50

Still not published:

That was fast, it won't go down that much after the 2 mixed reviews are added because the positive one is pretty good.

Can we post non-metacritic reviews as well?

If so Lana got 5/6 from both VG and Dagbladet in Norway and 4/6 from Aftenposten (VG has 2+ million readers and the others are also really big) :legend:

I think the 4/6 one commented that it could've been a 2nd disc on a Born To Die 2CD set, and that it was too alike that + they wanted better and more "pop" choruses  :smh:

Good review from Billboard and Pitchfork.

It always makes me smile seeing that almost any critic couldn't read between the lines and see her satirical lyrics. They focus so much on the "lana del rey character" and forget to read the real songwriter behind all that and her real intentions- or as in Lana's words "They judge me like a picture book/ By the colors like they forgot to read"