Sign in to follow this  
HEARTCORE

Lana Del Rey: 'I wish I was dead already' (The Guardian Interview)

Very interesting though sad interview ....

Do you think Barrie, while making her happy, kind of influences her character with his mood ?

I could see that. I feel like when you're surrounded by darker, more depressed people, and you also suffer with depression, it makes it harder to see the bright side in things...

tumblr_inline_mr0bdqxfxY1qz4rgp.gif MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS... *duh*

I just hope that Ultraviolence will provide her with hope and help to dispel the negativity. If it gains acclaim, Lana might finally be able to put aside the personal attacks that came from BtD.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I know there is artistic license with Journalism but she really doesn't help herself on the fraud front

when she lies about things that can be so easily disproved. There are so many photos in the public domain of her and her dad at all those conferences around the time of AKA why pretend she had no relationship with him for years when iit'sit'st"s just not true and there is evidence that she is bullshitting. She is just providing cannon fodder to those who question her authenticity.

I'm so tired off this "I saw an article or a picture of Lana on the web and I know her better than anyone else". You know shit about her. We all saw those pictures and it could be that is from one or two conferences only. She never said that she didn't met her father in that period but it could be that were lengthy periods when they didn't communicated because her parents didn't approved her lifestyle and she just ran away.

HEARTC♡RE, on 13 Jun 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

I just hope that Ultraviolence will provide her with hope and help to dispel the negativity. If it gains acclaim, Lana might finally be able to put aside the personal attacks that came from BtD.

You are an optimist. Until now it's pretty mixed: two lows from self-proclaimed haters and some good and very good reviews. But I fear what will come, I think she didn't changed her approach towards these critics she will be affected again by it.

I think she's clearly clinically depressed, and she's suicidal. People always talk about death before they try it and I think that the Ultraviolence reception could be the tip over. She's unbalanced emotionally, her family it's weird, Barrie it's depressive too so her close relationships doesn't really help her out, she's alone confronting irrational hatred...my god for a moment I felt it and it's horrible (waiting to be judged by haters while you are putting your soul out there)

One track, Brooklyn Baby, had been written with Lou Reed in mind: he'd wanted to work with Del Rey and so she'd flown over to New York to meet him. "I took the red eye, touched down at 7am … and two minutes later he died," she says. 

This is so sad.  

cooking up a dream, turning diamonds into snow

She needs to stop releasing music if thats the case

It's easier to be said than done. She 's bound by contracts, she has tons of fans (she cares about), she loves making music. But the haters are just spoiling her dream. I never understood why is that, it is so easy to avoid her: She's not on radio or on TV, it's not that she's shoved in your face. You have to search for her to listen to her. The whole promotion was restrained, her pictures were so minimalist, she's so pretty and fragile. But NO, there is just unabashed hatred coming towards her. I would recommend to establish a new psychological disorder called "Lana hatred syndrome" because this is truly a mental condition for some

This interview made me really fucking emotional. And "Is This Happiness" has taken on such a desolate feeling for me because of this interview.

And in regards to the death comment, I do understand what she means in a more metaphysical way.

I release my fear about death; if I am eternal, then death is no more than waking up from a dream.

I don't even know what to say; I understand the feeling too well, but I am so conflicted; it's so heartbreaking, she's scattered, unsure, and just disconsolate. Yet, there's a really strong perseverance about her. I'm not really trying to analyze her, but I just got this "It's been a complete fuckstorm, but I'm going through it, and I'm living with it" kind of vibe. Even the saddest people know a different taste of bravery.

I just want to give her a hug. Sending out positive vibes for the best summer of her life. :pray2:

i'm not sure i'd describe her as depressed. like obv she's pretty #sadcore but also i just get the sense that she gets into these really existential moods and questions the value of life and what it means to die.

i agree. :sadcore3:

i think we've learnt not to take everything lana says as all literal but yeah nice to be concerned. but if she was really sick i think she would get help for that pretty quickly

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

first of all can we all not try to "diagnose" her based on a few words she's said in an interview

it's clear that she's lived a very eventful life and I think the fame is still very surreal for her. just a few years ago she was singing in bars and making music on her laptop, suddenly she's living in a mansion in LA. I don't think she sees herself as a celebrity, she sees herself as an ordinary person and when you see yourself like that , criticism can be very hard to take.

What she said about death was pretty alarming but I'm not worried about anything drastic happening. in my opinion she didn't mean it in a "I wanna kms" way, she meant it as more like "I wish I didn't live this type of life, I'd rather be dead". she idolizes people who took their life early and she seems to like the idea of dying young, but when it comes down to it, death is not beautiful, it's serious and tragic and I don't think she would do that. the worst I can see happening is that she stops making music for the public

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

In 2012, her personal computer was accessed by hackers and all sorts of information started to appear online: pictures, financial details, health records, not to mention her songs.

I've never seen anything about that. 

Lana Del Rey appeared in the Australian news today (news.com.au and the newspaper etc) about this interview, saying that she had worrying words.

Excerpt:

"In an interview with UK newspaper The Guardian published today, the singer made mention of her musical idols Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse — both members of the notorious ‘27 Club’ dying at the height of their fame at just 27 years old.

Del Rey herself is 27 years old, turning 28 on June 21."

first of all can we all not try to "diagnose" her based on a few words she's said in an interview

Agreed. Its very easy to read too much into words, unless she's sitting in front of you talking, everything from tone to facial expressions to the way she speaks can change everything. Her words certainly hold weight in this interview for sure.....but its easy to read into things without really understanding what someone can truly mean. She does tend to get a little dramatic at times when she talks about certain things, i've often found its her having a comfort in certain topics and not being afraid of them, so she just gives very straight forward and blunt responses that may come across as bit odd to other people.

She seems very open emotionally, very connected to what she feels and how things affect her, she talks about it sometimes without a lot of tact, she can put her foot in her mouth if she starts trailing off into another one of her over thought out answers where she starts getting philosophical about the world and her experience of it.

She may very well be depressed, but she may also just be a generally up front person about every miniscule detail of her thought process, she does seem like a very self indulgent person, you can see it in her music and Barrie sounds the fucking same, no wonder shes into him.

I am staying away from new Ultraviolence interviews. My nerves can't take it... all of this is really affecting me lately. I never looked up to and loved an artiste or person as Lana/Lizzy... even though I never met her I feel connected. I feel for her. I'll just wait for the record arrive thru mail and listen to it forever. Love you Lana, don't give up, you are special, you have the right to shine!

:)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

You cannot consider someone "being upfront" or philosophical by saying "I wish I was dead" repeatedly. You can fool around like this but I don't think she meant it this way. She's on a roller coaster emotionally and I think that she's hitting new lows. This era is beautifully melancholic, depressive and I think that it's the perfect storm for an emotional breakdown for her. I hope that all is a publicity stunt as some of the haters suggested but If the reviews will mock her work I fear the worst.

I don't know but I don't trust WRITTEN interview that much about Lana.

They tend to add something little extra to make everything DRAMATIC doom and gloom esp with Lana.

I remember reading a transcript to a radio interview and then listening to the actual interview is like night and day lol

Lana is clearly someone who had difficult personal life, but blessed to make beautiful music, I think it's brave of her to sing about death, suicide, afterlife. This new album was announced as dark, so she probably decided to open up about such things. She had her love ones die, and even likes musicans who died at 27, it sounds to me more like something that had to come up to talk about, not that she went crazy and threathens to end her life, as some interpret..., as she is asking us to keep our fingers crossed that she makes it alive, until July.

I am surprised about number of those who would send her to psychiatrist, even try to diagnoze her based on interviews,  I see Lana as fully functional girl, who smiles when happy,... sometimes tired of it all, but has deep insight in philosophical and psychological matters, also she is cathlolic and doesn't send out messages about selfharm, provoking isn't her thing, as the journalist thought, she said already her music is art, and some artists do live mentally on the edge, and want fans to join her for a moment in her rich inner world, which introverts are known to have, and dying thoughts are often part of it. I find it good that she gives me sense as being in Twilight Zone sometimes, I understand some get away from that, but they shouldn't. I will just embrace everything she says.