Sign in to follow this  
HEARTCORE

Lana Del Rey: 'I wish I was dead already' (The Guardian Interview)

She's so relateable ASDFGHJKL.
It's so weird, I have such a weird affinity with music, more than anything- sometimes more than people....which is slightly worrying but we will skip over that ;).
BUt in the interview, this bit :

She says it feeds directly into her music. "A lot of my songs are not just simple verse-chorus pop songs – they're more psychological." She talks about tempo, and how she likes to reflect her mental state through a song's speed: "When I played [the label] West Coast they were really not happy that it slipped into an even slower BPM for the chorus," she says. "They were like: 'None of these songs are good for radio and now you're slowing them down when they should be speeded up.' But for me, my life was feeling murky, and that sense of disconnectedness from the streets is part of that."

AND I READ IT AND IT WAS JUST LIKE ME qwchwenjishdiakjisdjhxwiowjsnz
honestly you don't even know how happy that made me :'). That's how I think when I'm working on music too!!!
Sorry but had to share hahaha! :party:
  :eek: 

Ok, here's how I see it. I just think she has a very philosophical mind, overactive mind, always wondering about existential things. Money is great, because we all need it (whether we like it or not), but it doesn't bring peace, it doesn't answer the questions. Another thing is just that feeling she doesn't belong in this world. I mean, I feel like understand her on that level so well. And then death is like a salvation for her, I don't even think it's depression, but it's a sort of obsession with death. Like, to me the idea of death is exciting, I'm more excited about death than I am about life, because I know death is not the end. So, I kinda feel it's smth similar with Lana, but maybe I'm just writing here complete nonsense and couldn't be further from the truth. It's like, a feeling that unless you die, you will never really find peace&home. It's not like I wanna go and kill myself, but it's not like I wanna live either. Oh Lanz, but there's always the music and I hope she finds that salvation in it and some little bit of peace&happiness in people she loves. She has a very beautiful&sensitive soul and all those idiots who crush her with their negative energy should just shut the fuck up for once. Like, there is smth called an opinion, but that can be said while still remaining respectful towards the person, and then there's just plain stupidity.

:hdu: they look just the same!

Seems like Lana took a little bit of inspiration from her looks... the hair from the BTD/Paradise era and now these flower summery dresses she wears all the time...

Not really important tbh

edit: sorry i fell asleep on my phone and i made this post idk how to delete it

fullsizeoutput-3494.png