Wryta Thinkpiece

Liz Phair

Firstly, I take it as an offense that none of you shitty fucking human beings have made a topic for this awesome woman yet.

Been a fan since forever, some of her more recognizable songs if you aren't familiar may be Why Can't I? and Extraordinary. But anyone who's been really involved with her music can tell you that if that's all you know, you haven't heard the best yet. One of the ballsiest musicians, giving a big "fuck you" to the music industry by staying devoted to the integrity of her work, and not catering to the desires of mainstream music.

(Oh, and her son's pretty damn attractive, too.)

So here's some of my personal favorites from Liz!

My love-life explained in "Chopsticks:"

Next cover Lana should do tbh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WW9w8agvSA

There are so many more, Exile in Guyville was one of the best '90s albums, and her mixtapes are fucking great and so are her other albums.

Oh, I simply ADORE Liz! I remember discovering her years ago with Why Can't I? which ended up being my ringtone for quite some time. She is quite lovely :flutter:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I LOVE Liz Phair!!!! I discovered her when White Hot Chocolate Space Egg came out. Awesome album and then went on to discover the brilliance of Exile in Guyville. I love love love her. In a lot of ways, I see a lot of similarities between Lana and Liz (and not just a shared first name).

At the peak of the Lana hate, she turned down a sound bite with Rolling Stone to post a full page opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal on the subject of Ms. Del Rey.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/02/04/liz-phair-on-why-lana-del-rey-scares-rocks-boys-club/

Watch what you say to me, Careful who you're talkin' to.

A queen. A legend. A goddess. I’ve stanned her since I was a kid before I even really knew what she was singing about tbh :toofunny:. Also got to meet her back in October and she’s so tiny and sweet and awesome. Still love her to this day and hope to hear some new music from her soon. Sometimes I think the wait for NFR is bad but then I’ve remembered that Liz hasn’t put out an album since 2010 and has had a few projects false-start since then. Loved finally hearing the Girly-Sound tapes last year in such great quality (Sooty is still my fave of the three) but fingers crossed she puts something new out soon-ish. Wish I had people to geek ab Liz with lmao

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

New song, Good Side, out now! New album coming in spring!

Full article on Stereogum
Listen to "Good Side"

Liz-Phair-Good-Side-1570490555-640x656.p

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif