Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

How disappointed would every Lana fan be if every song on this release were already leaked songs? I would rather have two new songs than a full Hollywood's Dead or Damn You! Sorry, but that's just what I think. :( Just... if they were on this release then I'd be very disappointed.

I don't want them on the release, don't get me wrong. The more I listen to Born to Die, the more I see it's theme as "dark side of the American dream", in Lana's words, than just glamorous, heartbroken woman. Those two would totally fit with this. I think they would have been very appropriate on BTD, in fact, but perhaps they were left off for a reason. Imagine DY and HD alongside Without You or Radio. It's fitting.

And the more Lana insists on forcing her voice to go deep, the more autotune we'll see.

ASCAP. She has definitely rerecorded them and licensed them. See here. (Search Writers -> LANA DEL REY) All of her original AKALG songs are there as well like 'Yayo' and 'Gramma' (because AKALG was an actual official release unlike Sirens) but you notice that there are doubles like 'Smarty' and 'Smartie', 'Put Me In A Movie' and 'Little Girls' (same song), 'Raise Me Up' and 'Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)', 'Mermaid Hotel' and 'Mermaid Motel'.

Alternate titles get registered as well. Every registered title does not necessarily indicate a separate, different recording. I'd advise against saying definitely in this case.

If you look at the link above, Burning Desire is a real track. Because of You is not on the list but that doesn't mean that it's fake. Body Electric and Blue Velvet aren't on the list but we definitely know they're real. (Body Electric might not have even been recorded yet because it's always performed live).

Blue Velvet is already a registered song from over 60 years ago.

Why are people always obsessed with these two songs. The two snippets are obviously something like 'iTunes previews' for the tracks because they are only around 30 seconds long which means that the two songs are meant to be part of a completely different album altogether.

Can you explain this logic? How are you concluding that because only snippets are available that it's "meant to be part of a completely different album altogether"? What does that even mean?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

And the more Lana insists on forcing her voice to go deep, the more autotune we'll see.

This isn't true. Of all the Auto-Tune i've heard in her recordings, i've yet to hear it in her lower range. There are also the cases in which it's a stylistic decision and has nothing to do with actually correcting pitch.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

This isn't true. Of all the Auto-Tune i've heard in her recordings, i've yet to hear it in her lower range. There are also the cases in which it's a stylistic decision and has nothing to do with actually correcting pitch.

You know you're right, what with...is it "baby" in the DY snippet? I think I meant more "studio enhanced", if not necessarily autotune.

Alternate titles get registered as well. Every registered title does not necessarily indicate a separate, different recording. I'd advise against saying definitely in this case.

tumblr_ma24enTarW1qerg8so2_500.png

tumblr_ma24enTarW1qerg8so1_500.png

Let me use this as an example. The two songs are registered to different record companies which means that there are two copies of the song. The fact that it says EMI tells us that she indeed did re-record these songs at the same time as Born To Die. The re-recordings exist and will probably be released soon. Lana said herself that the re-release of AKALG isn't happening any time this year if not ever so these songs need to be released in some form or another. They can't just sit in the record company's hard drive and collect dust because these tracks could potentially make money for them.

Blue Velvet is already a registered song from over 60 years ago.

And yes, Blue Velvet is an old song so it's probably registered already. I was going by the assumption that all covers need to be registered as well (how can someone like Birdy make money if she doesn't own her own version of the song?). But I don't work in the music business so I wouldn't know.

But the fact is... Blue Velvet isn't the point. It was an example I used to back up the existence of 'Because of You.' Blue Velvet was wrong to use but my point could still be argued with Body Electric. Stop picking out my little mistakes because my point is still valid.

Can you explain this logic? How are you concluding that because only snippets are available that it's "meant to be part of a completely different album altogether"? What does that even mean?

Well I'm pretty sure that Lana writes songs for albums. Nobody writes songs that float around by themselves so I don't really understand what your question is. I believe that Lana has at least two albums before Born To Die (not including AKALG) because her songs are registered in groups with BMI and Crysalis Music.

I think these snippets are 'click to listen before you buy' clips for some of Lana's old albums. Her songs are registered/published which means that they might have been available to buy before she was famous. I don't know. I am literally assuming and putting two and two together. But I'm 100% sure that they are not written for Born To Die or the Paradise Edition.

I'm not ruling out a re-recording of these songs appearing on the Paradise Edition though, but that's highly unlikely because I don't think these two songs are significant at all and Lana already has rerecordings of AKALG songs so it would be cheaper to use those if she ever wanted to put old songs onto the Paradise Edition.

I believe that Lana has at least two albums before Born To Die (not including AKALG) because her songs are registered in groups with BMI and Crysalis Music.

I think these snippets are 'click to listen before you buy' clips for some of Lana's old albums. Her songs are registered/published which means that they might have been available to buy before she was famous. I don't know. I am literally assuming and putting two and two together.

:dead:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

No, I mean :dead: as in, there are other Lana albums out there so I'm falling down dead. Not like this thread is dead, or...

:frantically consults Urban Dictionary:

"Yep, this topic is dead, we can kick it"

What I'm trying to say is... you mean there's this good an argument that there's MORE LANA ALBUMS? :heart attack:

(Oy, I'm off to bed.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

How disappointed would every Lana fan be if every song on this release were already leaked songs? I would rather have two new songs than a full Hollywood's Dead or Damn You! Sorry, but that's just what I think. :( Just... if they were on this release then I'd be very disappointed.

Hollywood and Damn You haven't leaked, so i'm not sure how that post makes sense.

But you've only heard one song.

I think there's bound to be more than stuff like ISTBE. If it's a final statement on Born to Die, which includes upbeat songs like OTTR, NA, and DMD, then why shouldn't we expect something similar? Even "Will You Still Love Me..." seems more subdued than dramatic. I think ISTBE is a pretty dark song, but maybe it's to the Paradise Edition as Carmen is to Born to Die. Pretty dark, but not out of place.

I think those two sounds, thematically, fit in perfectly. However, I don't think they'll be on this release.

I said from what I had heard, I'm in no means an expert on album tracks. I do think she's going in a more dramatic and darker style with her music though, which for me is a good thing. I LOVE her more dramatic tracks.

4r9w86.jpg

people want them because from the previews they sound amazing ... Well for me Damn You is amazing, even from the snippet. I really like the melody and it seems like a chill melodic song that is catchy... I think it doesn't fit in with the BTD theme, but maybe the "paradise edition" makes BTD theme less "die" and more "paradise" if you get what I mean ...

I don't really care how we get the song, as long as we get it. I really2 want to listen to the full thing :(

I'm really hoping "Serial Killer" will be on it, and that it's not a rejected song after all!

I haven't been able to find any production info about it, but sadly I do think it's 2011. *Sniff* So perhaps we won't be hearing it via any official means.

Preorder Lana Del Rey's brand new album 'Born to Die: Paradise Edition

iTunes

Spoiler

Amazon

Spoiler

Play.com

Spoiler

HMV

Spoiler

Deluxe box-set

Spoiler

Track Listing: