Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian

Is This Happiness or Flipside - your favorite bonus track?

121 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite bonus track?

• Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

In my mind ITH is a far more superior track than Flipside. Everything from the melody to the lyrics has a haunting and bittersweet atmosphere. It conjures up so many emotions and moved me from the start much more than Flipside .

I’m gonna take them for all that they got.

I am unhappy that I really do not like "Is This Happiness."  I just knew I would love or GROW to love every new song from the UV era. Alas, "Flipside" reigns supreme in a battle between the two. For me, "Is This Happiness" does not fit in the UV epoch. Cute song, pretty well, written, but it gives me "Paradise" tease.

The chorus just sounds so vulnerable and fragile...it would make me uncomfortable to share that moment with random ppl who don't get it, but they hear me otherwise listening to it.

Nah, lines like: bad bitch on the side and fucked my way up to the top don't bother me. It's actually kinda cool :smile2:

ah okay, that makes sense! I was thinking what would be embarassing about ITH but I get your point!

I am unhappy that I really do not like "Is This Happiness."  I just knew I would love or GROW to love every new song from the UV era. Alas, "Flipside" reigns supreme in a battle between the two. For me, "Is This Happiness" does not fit in the UV epoch. Cute song, pretty well, written, but it gives me "Paradise" tease.

I so feel you, happened to me with half of Born This Way

But maybe you'll listen to the track in 2 years and find out that you actually kind of dig it now, that's what happened to me :)

Is This Happiness to me doesn't seem like a cute song, it's more sad than anything.

Flipside, of course. Is This Happiness is nice, yeah, but it's a little bit boring + simple. Flipside is such a masterpiece, but I wouldn't put it on the standard edition. It's good as a Target bonus track. The lyrics are quite simple but, anyway, the song is amazing.

Guest Dot

Is This Floppiness is the worst track from UV. It's cheesy, it's boring and the chorus is repetitive and annoying. It's also extremely clichéed and just ugh...It's a good lullaby though. The lyrics are okay, but if the song's production and melody are boring, good lyrics are just not able to make up for it

Flipside, however is the perfect album ender imo! The distored guitar, which is kind of reminiscent of Get Drunk and the chorus are just amazing. The verses are also very strong and allude to Cruel World, which just wraps up the album, perfectly. It should've been the last track of the album to be honest. I love how in Cruel World she's like "I'm over you" and in Flipside she sings "You caught me once, maybe on the flipside you can catch me again". Both of the songs also remind me a lot of Catch and Release. Anyway, Flipside is amazing and underrated. Is This Happiness just doesn't do it for me.

So after listening to them both, I like Is This Happiness better. It's has that Lana ~feel~ for me, and it's gorgeous.

I am a bit bored by Flipside. 

Flipside, Is This Happiness, Florida Kilos and Black Beauty are the only songs I like on ultraviolence. Shame they're all bonus tracks

#sorrynotsorry just not feeling the rest of ultraviolence

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Is This Happiness definitely.

The piano sounds a little like a clichéed love ballad, but her vocal delivery is so perfect and fragile and the distorted strings in the chorus give it a retro vibe.

The lyrics are some of her best, cause I like the visuals but also the quiet despair. The bridge is so haunting. I really deserves a spot on the record, at least as an official bonus track.

Flipside is a good track but it doesn't really make me feel much compared to ITH.