CruelWorld

Lana answers Frances Bean Cobain

I think too many people are getting involved in this, it was a calm conversation between Frances and Lana but everyone had to come stampeding in to share their uneducated irrelevant opinion. It frustrates me so much. If you weren't involved with it in the first place, stay out :awkney:

ikr, magazines, other messy celebrities :x

Lana is an artist... She's allowed to glamorize whatever she wants to. People disagreeing with it is just part of begin an artist..... Even if it isn't healthy neither what some things performance artists do are exactly 'healthy'... 

she can but it doesn't mean it's not fucked up.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

This is literally the first time I agree with something you said. So much truth in one sentence. :mariah:

You reminded me of how one girl on tumblr has said that Hunger Games are an awful book, because Katniss is "bitchy" (aka, has opinions and personal feelings, like slams professional tributes instead feeling sorry for them).

I don't want to live in an age when art has to only tell uplifting stories about cookie-cutter perfect people. Gross.

i am nothing and should be everything

Sometimes I get the feeling that Lana can't say anything without people discussing it.

YES, she claimed that she wishes to die some days but I think she didn't say it because she thinks it's glamorous to die young. To me it's more like she had a quite vulnerable moment in that interview. Being emotionally instable plus all the negative headlines could be to much for her. People should fucking stop judging her ! She probably has a mental disorder, an illness and doesn't fantasize about living in heaven with Kurt or Amy...

I understand Frances but I'm sure she just got Lana wrong as well. And seriously, before that 16 year old girl starts to post hundreds of tweets about such a personal theme, she should learn to contact Lana privately. Anyways, I lost all my respect for Frances when I heard about her suicidal birthday party  :facepalm:

Not sure if Sky actually talked about Lana but Lorde should stop liking everybody who is against Lana. It's getting ridiculous....

I'm glad that Lana responded in such a polite way. I hope she won't take this all too personally.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I knew Lorde would sneak her way into this eventually. God she gets under my skin.

Also, this isn't her fault, but I hate how people always accuse Lana of having "ghost writers" and barely contributing to any of her songs, and people praise Lorde as the voice of a generation, completely ignoring the fact that she has co-writers on every track on her album.

she isnt famous, calm down..

If she isn't famous then why is it being reported on? If she isn't famous how the hell does anyone know who she is? lol If it was some random fan saying it no one would care. :facepalm:

Frances was nice and polite I don't see any attack there. People are nuts LOL Lana answered in a polite way as well, no harm

People are so boring these days...I swear soon enough we wont be able to open our mouths anymore

glgcDdT.gif

I knew Lorde would sneak her way into this eventually. God she gets under my skin.

Also, this isn't her fault, but I hate how people always accuse Lana of having "ghost writers" and barely contributing to any of her songs, and people praise Lorde as the voice of a generation, completely ignoring the fact that she has co-writers on every track on her album.

This! Lorde is so fuckin annoying and pretentious. Basic voice, basic lyrics, basic music. I hate how people praise her to the high heavens, yet shit on lana.

Well Ultraviolence scored higher than PH, didn't it? Suck it, New Zealand bitch :toofunny:

I literally don't see how Lana is "glamorizing" death at this present moment. Yes, she's been quoted in interviews and has an album called Ultraviolence where death is brought up but in the end who cares? She's not singing songs telling people to jump off buildings and she's not having performances where she drinks cyanide so what is the big deal? I understand someone like Frances because of her father and his suicide and tbh people do glamourize his death a LOT they make it seem like it was poetry when in reality he had demons that won. I think the same way as Lana. Growing up my mother told me about Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Natalie Wood, River Phoenix, Judy Garland, etc. and they are all timeless icons. There is something about dying young but not in a way that I can really describe. It's more of a youth complex and the fact that they are frozen in time and never deteriorated in the publics eyes. Frances is right that people shouldn't glamourize death I completely agree but she shouldn't have done it that way. Who cares though shit happens and things are cleared up.

god knows I tried

Even though Frances was right, calling Lana out publicly on twitter wasn't the way to go. By doing that she literally brought in thousands of people whose business this whole thing wasn't. She should have dmed her or asked Courtney to get a hold of her so they could hash it out privately. However, I do think Lana handled it well. I just can't stress enough how frustrating it is that it was done in that manner. It made them look like 6th graders tbh

Frances hates her mother lol

Frances hates her mother lol

not anymore, theyve made up, the restraining order was just another example of Frances being a messy brat, same with the Kendall Jenner feud