CruelWorld

Lana answers Frances Bean Cobain

This is literally the first time I agree with something you said. So much truth in one sentence. :mariah:

I dont mind you. I was just trolling at the beginning with you. My apology for what I have said to you.  :kiss2: (you were right about that member)

She replies to creeps bashing her and idiot stuff... but seldom to those complimenting her. Masochism I say. I give up.

What Frances wrote was very uncalled for, guys.

:/

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I think her opinion is valid here considering it's her father that was being discussed...

And so what if she's only 'famous' for her parents? It's not as if she's tryingn to cash in on that at all, all she was trying to do was speak out against what she thought was yet another person romanticising her fathers death!

Her opinion is probably the most valid one in this entire 'drama' (and it's ridiculous that there even is 'drama' over this tbh) and her opinion is certainly way more valid than anyone on this forum.

True. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. Music is Lana's art form, so she owes no one an explanation.

I see "to glamorise" is the new "it" word nowadays. Yeah she sings about death a lot, yeah she may have liked the idea of dying young and free, at the top of your powers and fame in some songs. Y&B is filled with her fear of getting old and becoming unrecognized, aching and not beautiful anymore.  But fuck it, she is artist, she has her own artistic persona. She isnt politician to make some official statement for the country. Im sick of the fact how art is now supposed to be morally perfect, "healthy" and politically correct. 

yeah actually your right i guess,  tbh i dont have a problem with songs like Out With A Bang, its a beautiful song. But if she had actually said "i think dying young is glamorous and i want to" (which she didnt but people interpreted it as that) then yeah thats wrong, unhealthy and has a bad influnece on her fans but if its just a loose theme throughout her art then thats ok

Who the fuck is Frances? Just because her father is a famous person that committed suicide all of a sudden her opinion is valid? She is only famous because of who her parents are anyways. :crossed:

she isnt famous, calm down..

Fuck, I go to eat a cheeseburger and everyone else beats me to it.

But speaking of "glamorizing death," I do wonder how Frances' Suicidal 16th turned out!

Because, you know, glamorizing suicide has its conditions, such as using it as a contest for your friends to win an iPod Touch and a gift certificate to Amoeba.

I get where Frances is coming from, but this really changed my opinion about her intentions with vocalizing her "feelings" about it, especially since Lana doesn't need to be sorry for anything she does that's challenged by an exercise of hypocrisy.

lmao some of you guys need to calm the fuck down; quit bashing Sky and Frances. as Sky rightfully said, the issue is suicide, not Lana. i swear some of y'all are such blind Lana followers that you instantly support what she says, whether it's right or not. Lana isn't a perfect person, she says and does things that are problematic (eg. the whole 'whore' debate from Fucked My Way) and i think it's right that people point this out to her. in the interview, she does say that she wishes she was dead, but i feel she was goaded into that response and didn't expect the huge backlash that appeared as a result. Frances is reminding Lana that she is a celeb now; she has to monitor what she says because it can and will be misconstrued. stop hating on Frances and Sky because they say things you disagree with.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Why is she verified on twitter? Cause her famous dad killed himself?

Smh Lorde is petty as fuck she needs to sit down. She's 17 and she thinks she's everything

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

lmao some of you guys need to calm the fuck down; quit bashing Sky and Frances. as Sky rightfully said, the issue is suicide, not Lana. i swear some of y'all are such blind Lana followers that you instantly support what she says, whether it's right or not. Lana isn't a perfect person, she says and does things that are problematic (eg. the whole 'whore' debate from Fucked My Way) and i think it's right that people point this out to her. in the interview, she does say that she wishes she was dead, but i feel she was goaded into that response and didn't expect the huge backlash that appeared as a result. Frances is reminding Lana that she is a celeb now; she has to monitor what she says because it can and will be misconstrued. stop hating on Frances and Sky because they say things you disagree with.

Lana is love, Lana is life :creep:

Why is she verified on twitter? Cause her famous dad killed himself?

Smh Lorde is petty as fuck she needs to sit down. She's 17 and she thinks she's everything

Lorde is a cliche angsty know it all teenager, i pay her no mind usually, but she really doesnt need to shoehorn herself into everything.

I agree, but only to a point; Lana is not the only artist under any trade, be it music, literature, etc., that has established a particular method and ideal in her craft that's in her element. And as someone in the arts myself, I do not think anyone should have to apologize or compromise their art for the sake of the general public who can easily set their attention on artists that cater to their sensitivities. I do not think there's anything wrong with what Lana said. Controversial? Yes. Wrong? I think it's really unfair to invalidate someone's feelings just because they're otherwise not understood by everyone else. Yes, she should probably exercise better self-monitoring skills and develop a more "less-means-more" approach to answering questions in her interviews, but let's not disregard that Lana has always been generally cryptic and vague, and it's kind of unfair that when she does speak with candor, it turns into a hen-pecking session. And if she does keep it vague, she gets criticized for "lack of authenticity." She's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't, and that really sucks. And I'd have the same gripe about it if it was another artist.

My only issue with Frances is that she contradicted herself by throwing a suicide-themed Sweet 16, and on top of that, wanted her attendees to get involved in a Who-Looks-The-Most-Dead contest. It may have been her father, but she's cut from the same cloth that she's trying to steam-clean Lana for supposedly being in. That's my only problem. Other than that, I respect her feelings about it.

Sky, I don't follow or really listen to, but her statement alone only asserts my point that this isn't about Lana, so if they want to vocalize their feelings, they should probably be more involved with showing depressed/suicidal fans resources that could save their lives such as the Suicide Hotline and others. And I mean this in the most casual way possible, I'm not trying to undermine anyone here.