PARADIXO

Ultraviolence Debuts at #1 on Billboard 200

Congrats LDR! Highly deserved. Anyone remember what the total number of sales was for BTD? I recall it was #2, but not the sales #.

It was like 77k first week.

Adele's monster of an album outsold her that week I think >_>

I'm glad she got #1 this time. I was scurred Sam Smith would snatch it from ha since he has like two popular songs out rn.

Well deserved  :gclap:. I feared Sam Smith because he clearly went with his label for that US no.1 spot. Ed Sheeran it's coming next week so this will be a only 1 week reign at the top, but this was really important for her perception in the US, more than the MC score. I think that the first week sales reflects her strong fan base (where is that fanbase in the UK (48k) and Germany (no.3) tho?), but it's premature to make overall prediction about the success of UV because she has practically no promo, I expect a slow but constant sale towards platinum as BTD did. btw BTD is back in top 30 :legend:  

So, it's official.

I don't know Lana's final #s but I got this on Sam:

"HOLLYWOOD, CA – British soul singer and songwriter Sam Smith has made U.S. pop music history with his debut album, In The Lonely Hour, selling more copies in its first week of release – 166,000 – than any other debut album by a UK male artist in the 23-year history of Soundscan.  The Capitol Records album will enter the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart next week at #2, propelled by the artist’s Top-Ten hit single, “Stay With Me,” which has just surpassed sales of one million copies this week."

Week #2 projected sales:  :awkney:

Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 190-210k

Sam Smith (Capitol) 67-72k
*G-Eazy (Blueprint/RCA) 43-48k
Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 40-45k
Frozen (Walt Disney) 35-40k

That's about a 75% drop, AKA high, but average for rock-oriented releases. Jack's White second week figures, for example:

1 8 JACK WHITE THIRD MAN/COLUMBIA 32,710 -75% LAZARETTO

:defeated: 

This is her moment to shine, no one can ever take this away from her. She’s come so far and waited so long for this kind of recognition (from the critics as well as the general public), and now that it’s finally here I hope she’s truly enjoying all the blessings and positive aspects that have come with Ultraviolence.

I’m gonna take them for all that they got.