Sitar

Every Man Gets His Wish

Over 10 years of listening to this song, and I'm just thinking what even inspired this? Her road trip fantasies? As far as we know she was never waitressing for real, IIRC. And what does "every man gets his wish" even mean, and why does a guy go around saying that to people? Is it some sort of spiritual meaning?

SO many questions.

32 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Over 10 years of listening to this song, and I'm just thinking what even inspired this? Her road trip fantasies? As far as we know she was never waitressing for real, IIRC. And what does "every man gets his wish" even mean, and why does a guy go around saying that to people? Is it some sort of spiritual meaning?

SO many questions.

she was a waitress when she was 19, it’s mentioned a lot in white dress

i don’t really know what “every man gets his wish” means either, perhaps it means that every man is destined for greatness, such as luxury, success, talent, & love? idk i aspire to be as eclectic & mysterious as her

WGe8ynS.gif

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don’t really know what “every man gets his wish” means either, perhaps it means that every man is destined for greatness, such as luxury, success, talent, & love? idk i aspire to be as eclectic & mysterious as her

I took it the same way, especially with the "where is mine?" part that follows. Every man (meaning person in that context I think, like as in mankind) gets their wish, but she doesn't feel she's gotten hers even though that's what the person she's singing to told her

imageproxy.jpg

I always get confused between this & Hawaiian Tropics.

I love the Everyman Gets His Wish but at the same time, Hawaiian Tropics sounds really sensual (it gives me Wayamaya vibes)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I always thought this song was addressed to the boyfriend of hers that passed away, and he was the one that told her “every man gets his wish” — but she feels a bit misled by that sentiment following his passing. 

The lines “now you’re gone”, “where is mine?” and “were you lying?” seem to suggest he was part of that wish, but because he’s not with her anymore, she didn’t get her wish in the end. She’s almost in denial about his fate with that last line, in particular. 

A fun track on the surface but really earnest and heartbreaking when you peel back the layers <3

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I always thought this song was addressed to the boyfriend of hers that passed away, and he was the one that told her “every man gets his wish” — but she feels a bit misled by that sentiment following his passing. 

The lines “now you’re gone”, “where is mine?” and “were you lying?” seem to suggest he was part of that wish, but because he’s not with her anymore, she didn’t get her wish in the end. She’s almost in denial about his fate with that last line, in particular. 

A fun track on the surface but really earnest and heartbreaking when you peel back the layers <3

emghw v2 is probably one of my all-time favorites, it’s such a great, quality song in general, especially for something unreleased, & it’s so happy & celebratory, but it’s also quite bittersweet & a little somber, there’s quite a few lyrics that add this somber, almost haunting layer to this song, which is on the surface, cheerful, happy, & perky

gonna see it all before he says goodbye

you said i’d never make it out of here alive, at the rate i was going, i’d be lucky to die

we’re gonna party like we’re running out of time

never do belong to anyone, i find, leaving everything i ever knew behind

interestingly enough, i feel like the general vibe of these lyrics remind me of summertime sadness, mixing opulence & happy times with the bittersweet inevitability of death & a mysterious & ambiguous “end”, a sense of oblivion despite all of the lights & cheer… 

much to think about…

WGe8ynS.gif

i found how to make love from the movies

he found me watressing at ruby tuesdays

he said i wanna buy a classic white milkshake

said ill serve it with a special side of heartbreak

special side of heartbreakkk

i was working down at the corner cafe

you drove buy in your chevolet

whistle at me as my hips go sway

lana del rey how you get that way

how you get that way ay??

i said

he love my heart shaped sunglasses

he loves the heart shape my ass is

<33

my favourite unreleased song:omfg2:

tumblr-ncl1mj2-Um61rvhzzjo1-500.gif

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

oo I've been wanting to have a convo about this lyric- does anybody else hear "I wanna buy you up plus a white milkshake"?

Love this song anyway tho <3 tumblr_mphna5kkaM1s7mwiio3_500.gifv such a bop

every website i look at says different😭

but fr this song is so amazing i love

tumblr-ncl1mj2-Um61rvhzzjo1-500.gif

On 2/8/2023 at 9:00 AM, burthday kake said:

oo I've been wanting to have a convo about this lyric- does anybody else hear "I wanna buy you up plus a white milkshake"?

Love this song anyway tho <3 tumblr_mphna5kkaM1s7mwiio3_500.gifv such a bop

On 2/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, Dominikx4 said:

pretty sure thats the correct lyric

Isn't it "I wanna buy you a classic white milkshake"?

43 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Isn't it "I wanna buy you a classic white milkshake"?

it’s true that all the lyric pages say that but tbf lyric pages sometimes don’t even get Lanas released song lyrics right, let alone unreleased 

both are cute lyrics tho & i can hear both for sure, but i hear “i wanna buy you up plus a white milkshake” a little more & i like it a little more too personally :smile2:

it can be whatever you want i guess :D

4 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

it’s true that all the lyric pages say that but tbf lyric pages sometimes don’t even get Lanas released song lyrics right, let alone unreleased 

both are cute lyrics tho & i can hear both for sure, but i hear “i wanna buy you up plus a white milkshake” a little more & i like it a little more too personally :smile2:

it can be whatever you want i guess :D

I haven't read the lyrics on any sites, I just think that's the lyric. I've never heard the phrase "buy you up".