Sign in to follow this  
Linethic

Lana Del Rey Speaks About Next Record, "Music to Watch Boys To"

It means music that you would listen to while watching/checking out boys. 

But why not: ''Music to watch boys'' only, without the ''to'' at the end?

Why the TO at the end? What does that mean in english? 

"Music to watch boys" doesn't really make sense in English - it sounds like you're saying that the music is watching the boys. The 'to' at the end is a construction that tells what you're doing while you're watching boys - meaning, listening to this music.

ETA: Or, if you want to stretch the phrase out into a sentence, it would be something like: "This is the music that has been made especially to be listened to, while you are sitting on your banana lounge, watching the boys (or girls, or whatever it is you enjoy looking at)."

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

If it's real I hope it's just a working title. Don't forget BTD was supposed to be called Do You Luv Me Yet? at some point.

remember when she said she would re-release the LDR album

remember when she said ultraviolence would be out in May

remember when the LDR album was called God Bless America and Nevada

remember when Cruel World had the lines 'it's a cruel, cruel world/let the light in'

remember when she said all her song are about the same guy

#trustnoone

Also don't forget Tropico coming soon. :oic:

English is hard  ;) Prepositions trip me up in foreign languages too. Longtimeman did a good job explaining it. 

"Music to watch boys" doesn't really make sense in English - it sounds like you're saying that the music is watching the boys. The 'to' at the end is a construction that tells what you're doing while you're watching boys - meaning, listening to this music.

ETA: Or, if you want to stretch the phrase out into a sentence, it would be something like: "This is the music that has been made especially to be listened to, while you are sitting on your banana lounge, watching the boys (or girls, or whatever it is you enjoy looking at)."

Thanks for your answer.

*english is really a WTF and confuse language

This sounds like a really cool idea, but I feel like I haven't had time to absorb UV yet if you get what I'm saying. I'm shocked she so easily talks about new music though, and with all the leaks she has I'm surprised she isn't a bit more tight lipped tbh. 

This sounds like a really cool idea, but I feel like I haven't had time to absorb UV yet if you get what I'm saying. I'm shocked she so easily talks about new music though, and with all the leaks she has I'm surprised she isn't a bit more tight lipped tbh. 

This awesome new record already made her forget all about her previous work, including the ones on that Disc.

Might be the reason why she is not really singing UV songs :oopna:

We still don't know when this is from, right? I really do hope it is new, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I remember before Paradise was announced, Lana said she was working on a full length album. Maybe MTWBT was what the album was supposed to be called, but it was scrapped. (Although this is just my theory)

I feel like a song like Driving in Cars With Boys could fit into this, based on the name of the concept I imagine something more up-beat and funny, maybe Party Girl (St. Tropez) and Hawaiian Tropic too :flutter: .

We don't have the source for this interview yet, right?

I feel like a song like Driving in Cars With Boys could fit into this, based on the name of the concept I imagine something more up-beat and funny, maybe Party Girl (St. Tropez) and Hawaiian Tropic too :flutter: .

St. Tropez and Hawaiian Tropic fit each other so well  :flutter: