Rafael

Lana's first ever written song named "China Palace"!

yaaaassss what kind of thematic cohesiveness

EDIT: "so it's not like some people have written, like, that you're taking it?" in reference to the "hydroponic weed" line, i think -- which is still weird because i haven't seen anyone hypothesize particularly about that. :creep:

rihKQ8M.gif

you actually all believe that she didn't make up China Palace ? :hillary:

didn't she mention in a interview that she wrote her first song at the age of 17?

the song title sounds way too kitschy for a 12-year-old girl to invent and also that thing about strawberry daiquiri...

There is a lot of alcohol on her mind lately imo (don't try it Lana) . Oh and China Palace is only a hint for her new Lizzy Grant surf noir album Music To Watch Boys To... :creep:

anyways, Brooklyn Baby Acapella :air: !! It seems like she knows the lyrics by heart, so why. doesn't. she. start. to. play. it. live. ????!!!!

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

anyways, Brooklyn Baby Acapella :air: !! It seems like she knows the lyrics by heart, so why. doesn't. she. start. to. play. it. live. ????!!!!

This is the question what keeps me awake at night

222843_600.gif

maybe she meant that pawn shop blues was the first song actually recorded?! its not improbable she wrote a short poem like song when she was 12 and that was it she just never made it more then lyrics by that logic.... pawn shop blues is recorded first and honestly pawn shop blues is too good to be her VERY FIRST time writing....i i wish people woud  stop calling her a lier right off the bat without considering possibilities 

and i see no reason a 12 year old couldnt come up with the song title china palace? i could have, shit sounds like a take out restaurant 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you... I didn't think Pawn Shop Blues was the first song she ever wrote either, because it's too good... But she has said before that it was, and now she's saying it's China Palace, which could be true, but there's still that fact that she changed her answer.... And I'm pretty sure she recorded many other songs before Pawn Shop Blues! I'm sorry, but I just think she's not telling the truth about her first song :( it doesn't matter too much, I know it's kinda hard to remember something like that very clearly

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you... I didn't think Pawn Shop Blues was the first song she ever wrote either, because it's too good... But she has said before that it was, and now she's saying it's China Palace, which could be true, but there's still that fact that she changed her answer.... And I'm pretty sure she recorded many other songs before Pawn Shop Blues! I'm sorry, but I just think she's not telling the truth about her first song :( it doesn't matter too much, I know it's kinda hard to remember something like that very clearly

its ok hun,... i think sometimes she doesnt know exactly what shes saying.... and theres always the possibilities that early on the record labels influenced her answers. i really think what she meant to say was thats the first instance she recalls righting at all.... because she has been talking about writing poems and other stuff lately it may also just be that she didnt consider it a song or didnt recall it in the past interviews she seems to get shell shock and sorta blank or she used to i should say... shes getting better and better ever interview

Uhm, I just loved this melody and I loved the phrases that came with it in my head "My boyfriend's in a band / He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed / I've got feathers in my hair / I get high on hydroponic weed". So, yeah, I mean... And I love Brooklyn, you know I was there for eight or nine years and, uhh, so I love all things; Brooklyn, jazz and you know references to beat poetry, and yeah.

So it's not like, some people have written like and you're taking hits on Brooklyn?

Yeah yeah, no, not really... No I'm just--I'm that uncool that I think it's cool, yeah."

Ha, I knew it. In my draft of my track-by-track UV review I'm working on I'd written this:

"Many reviewers have interpreted this as being sarcastic like MPG & FMWUTTT, as a satire of Brooklyn hipsters... I'm not so sure. It seems a little too on the nose. I think she takes herself a little too seriously as an artist and is a little too much of a beatnik wannabe for this to be satire. I think she means it earnestly. And I think she's a little too thin-skinned for that kind of humorous self-deprecation. Besides, it's not the first time she's declared herself a 'Brooklyn baby'."

you actually all believe that she didn't make up China Palace ? :hillary:

didn't she mention in a interview that she wrote her first song at the age of 17?

I don't really believe her because she's said before that Pawn Shop Blues was the first song she ever wrote lol but love this interview :)

Yeah, there's an entire thread discussing this question because her statements pertaining to this have been so all over the map. Despite that, I think there's little reason to doubt she probably did write a song called "China Palace" when she was very young.

shit sounds like a take out restaurant

Probably next to some lame department store and a Thai food place she wasn't in the mood for. ;)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ha, I knew it. In my draft of my track-by-track UV review I'm working on I'd written this:

"Many reviewers have interpreted this as being sarcastic like MPG & FMWUTTT, as a satire of Brooklyn hipsters... I'm not so sure. It seems a little too on the nose. I think she takes herself a little too seriously as an artist and is a little too much of a beatnik wannabe for this to be satire. I think she means it earnestly. And I think she's a little too thin-skinned for that kind of humorous self-deprecation. Besides, it's not the first time she's declared herself a 'Brooklyn baby'."

Yeah, there's an entire thread discussing this question because her statements pertaining to this have be so all over the map. Despite that, I think there's little reason to doubt she probably did write a song called "China Palace" when she was very young.

Probably next to some lame department store and a Thai food place she wasn't in the mood for. ;)

most likely a K-mart {:

didn't she say in a youtube comment somewhere that Axl Rose Husbands/ White Pontiac Heaven was her first ? I mean i doubt it becausse of the Daddy references but she's confusing me. 

didn't she say in a youtube comment somewhere that Axl Rose Husbands/ White Pontiac Heaven was her first ? I mean i doubt it becausse of the Daddy references but she's confusing me.

I think she just said that they were from when she was 16 or 17...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Her saying different songs being her first song ever makes me kinda see why she feels misunderstood in the press. What she says obviously makes sense to her but others interpret it differently more often than not. I feel like if I was famous like Lana the same stuff would happen to me lol

Nothing scares me anymore.

L.D.R. made some interesting remarks in the snippet of this interview provided in the Original Post of this thread. The song that she wrote as a kid called China Palace probably wasn't that interesting, since it was her first song, but the title reminds me of Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie and the Banshees...