Sitar

The 211 Songs

Lana recently caught a lot of attention from observant fans when she spoke in very precise terms about her leaked material. In an interview with The Guardian, she revealed the leaks this fanbase is so familiar with resulted from her computer being hacked in 2012 and exactly 211 of her unreleased songs being taken:

In 2012, her personal computer was accessed by hackers and all sorts of information started to appear online: pictures, financial details, health records, not to mention her songs. "All 211 of them," she sighs. "Just one more element of the unknown in my daily life." She says she has no way of knowing who currently has access to several years' worth of material, and no way of controlling the slow-drip leak of them online, including songs written for other people and at least one – Black Beauty – that was originally scheduled for Ultraviolence.

Unreliable leak blogs have previously reported ludicrous numbers like 700, but something about the exactness of this number is worthy of consideration. Surely we must be approaching 211 unreleased songs, right? But the interview made the same mistake many of us probably make--he lumped in unhacked material with this batch of 211. Indeed, "Black Beauty" was procured by other means, as were a good amount of other songs. So I decided to make this list to try to clear up discrepancies and see if we can't guesstimate which songs we have popped up from this 211. All four early albums/EPs are exempt, as they are sort of confirmed to be not hacked.

Songs not from the assumed hacked batch will be bolded and given sources, and troublesome discrepancies in red. Keep in mind this is all assumption-based! We do have to consider that Soundcloud finds were probably not within this batch because we (hopefully) would have gotten in better quality.

Referring to this thread, we can see several songs surfaced in 2011 and therefore cannot be expected to be from this batch. However, certain songs were later provided in higher quality and likely from the hack (I believe the list is "National Anthem (Demo)", "Hundred Dollar Bill", "On Our Way", and "Money Hunny," correct me if I'm wrong), so if you have any more precise, non-incriminating information about sources (particularly songs under 2011 in that thread), let me know!

BORN TO DIE DEMOS

Born to Die (Demo I – 4:44)

Born to Die (Demo II – 4:21) - Ben Mawson's Soundcloud

Blue Jeans (Demo)

Video Games (Demo)

Diet Mountain Dew (Demo I – 3:39) - Available for download since 2010

Diet Mountain Dew (Demo II – 4:39)

Diet Mountain Dew (Demo III – 3:45)

National Anthem (Demo I – 3:37) - Leaked pre-hack but re-leaked in HQ

National Anthem (Demo II – 3:25)

Dark Paradise (Demo I – 2:25)

Dark Paradise (Demo II – 3:58)

Radio (Demo)

Carmen (Demo)

Million Dollar Man (Demo)

Summertime Sadness (Demo)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Demo I – 3:36)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Demo II – 4:06) - Ben Mawson's Soundcloud

This is What Makes Us Girl (Demo III - 4:03)

Without You (Demo I – 3:06)

Without You (Demo II – 3:06)

Lolita (Demo I – 3:51)

Lolita (Demo II – 3:51)

Lolita (Demo III – 3:38)

Lolita (Demo IV – 4:01) - Ben Mawson's Soundcloud

Lucky Ones (Demo)

LANA DEL RAY DEMOS

Queen of the Gas Station (Demo)

Queen of the Gas Station (Acoustic Demo)

Oh Say Can You See (Demo) - Studio sessions leaked by band member

Gramma (Demo I) – David Kahne's website

Gramma (Demo II) – David Kahne's website

For K Part 2 (Demo I) - Studio sessions leaked by band member

Rehab/For K Part 2 (Demo II) – LGATP Reverbnation account

Jump (Demo) – Demo*

Raise Me Up (Demo Sessions) - Studio sessions leaked by band member

Rayse (Early Mix)

Pawn Shop Blues (Demo) – Nefarious Bovine podcast

Brite Lites (Demo) – Demo

Put Me in a Movie (Demo – 4:11) – Demo*

Put Me in a Movie (Earl Mix – 3:41)

Yayo (Demo I – 4:25) – Demo*

Yayo (Demo II – 5:10)

MISCELLANEOUS UNRELEASED

Afraid

Afraid (Demo)

All Smiles

American Dream (Damn You)

Angels Forever, Forever Angels – Rick Nowels’ website

Axl Rose Husband - MySpace

Baby Blue Love

Backfire

Back to the Basics

Beautiful Player

Because of You - Apparently recorded post-hack and recently found on Soundcloud; origins unknown

Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors (Demo)

Bentley

Betty Boop Boop

Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf (Demo)

Boarding School

Bollywood Hawaii

Born Bad Baby

Breaking My Heart

Break My Fall

Butterflies

Butterflies (Demo)

Butterflies Part 2

Catch and Release

Catch and Release (Alternate Version)

Children of the Bad Revolution

Coca Cola

Come When You Call Me [A.M.E.R.I.C.A.]

Come When You Call Me [A.M.E.R.I.C.A.] (Alternate Version)

Criminals Run the World

Crooked Cop

Cry Me a River

C U L8r Alligator

Daddy Issues - Leaked pre-hack, later posted in HQ by Aaron LaCrate

Dangerous

Dangerous Girl - Daft Dogs' Soundcloud

Daytona Meth

Delicious

Disco (Demo Sessions) - Posted on LGATP Reverbnation account, later leaked in higher quality by band member

Driving in Cars With Boys

Driving in Cars With Boys (Demo) - Leaked pre-hack

Dum Dum

Dum Dum (Demo I – 3:01)

Dum Dum (Demo II – 4:11)

Dynamite

Elvis - MySpace

Every Man Has His Wish

Fake Diamond - Origins unknown, as this song came to us in a very unconventional way and not through trading circles or any of the telltale signs of this big hack

Fordham Road - Likely from MySpace.

Gangsta Boy

Get Drunk - Demo*

Get Drunk (Demo Sessions) - Studio sessions leaked by band member

Ghetto Baby

Gogo Dancer

Golden Grill

Golden Grill (Alternate Version) – Princess Superstar's Soundcloud

Greenwich

Hangin Around

Hawaiian Tropic

Heartshaped Chevrolet

Heavy Hitter – Blockhead's blog

Heavy Hitter (Demo) – Blockhead's blog

Hit & Run

Hit It & Run (Alternate Version) - Tommy Tysper's Soundcloud

Hollywood – Rick Nowels’ website

Hollywood's Dead

Hot Hot Hot

Hundred Dollar Bill - Leaked pre-hack but re-leaked in HQ.

Hundred Dollar Bill (Demo)

I Don't Wanna Go - Definitely available on Rick Nowels’ website, but leaked long before anything else from his archive, so potentially hacked

In the Sun

Is It Wrong

I Was in a Bad Way

Jealous Girl (Demo)

Jealous Girl

JFK – Rick Nowels’ website

Jimmy Gnecco - Demo*

Joshy and I

Kinda Outta Luck

Last Girl On Earth

Let My Hair Down (Demo Sessions) - Studio sessions leaked by band member

Lift Your Eyes

Little Carmen

Live or Die

Live or Die (Alternate Version)

Living Without You

Maha Maha – Princess Superstar's Soundcloud

Maha Maha (Demo)

Making Out

Making Out (Alternate Version)

Match Made in Heaven

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight - Origins unknown, most likely ripped from a publishing site

Methamphetamines

Midnite Dancer Girlfriend

Moije Joue

Money Hunny – Leaked pre-hack (Nefarious Bovine podcast) but re-leaked in HQ from MySpace

Motel 6 – Jeff Peretz's website

My Best Days

Ridin’ - Believed by some (including A$AP Rocky) to be leaked by the KickDrums, but there's no support for this

Never Let Me Go

Noir

On Our Way - Leaked pre-hack but re-leaked in HQ

On Our Way (Alternate Version)

On Our Way (Demo) - Soundcloud

Oooh Baby

Paradise

Party Girl

Pin Up Galore

Playground (No Rap)

Playground

Playing Dangerous

Prom Song (Gone Wrong) - Three Six Zero Productions' Soundcloud

Puppy Love

Push Me Down

Put the Radio On

Put Your Lips Together

Queen of Disaster

Scarface

Serial Killer

She's Not Me

Slow Gin Fizz

So Legit

Starry Eyed – Rick Nowels’ website

Stoplight De-Lite – Jeff Peretz's website

Strange Love

Strange Love (Alternate Version) - Robert Logan's Soundcloud

St Tropez

Summer of Sam

Take Me to Paris

Television Heaven

Tired of Singing the Blues

Trash Magic - Leaked pre-hack

Trash Magic (Demo)

True Love on the Side

TV in Black and White

Us Against the World

Velvet Crowbar

Wayamaya

White Pontiac Heaven - MySpace

You & Me

You Can Be the Boss

Young & Beautiful (Demo) - Rick Nowels' website

Your Band is All the Rage

You’re Gonna Love Me

Without counting discrepancies that are less assuredly from the original hack, it appears we have...

113/211 Songs

Notes:

*The origin of this demo, fan-titled "No Kung Fu," is unconfirmed. If anyone knows whether or not it came from the batch, alert me.

HOLY FUCK I was thinking of doing this. The number 211 has been floating in my head since that interview was released.

- Have my children, xx  :hooker:

But seriously it gives me life that there are still 100+ unleaked songs floating around in some person's computer...

(Also.... Dark Paradise, the second demo is 3:58 not 3:38)

Oh, and what about DOIJROIJ and Carmen Acapella? 

I don't have any space left on my iPhone for 109 more songs  :rip:

Also about MMITPM, wasn't it available on a registration site, like, wasn't obtained the same way we got BTD and UV instrumentals from SonyATV?

Also it's hard to pinpoint whether they were hacked from her laptop or hacked from her emails (to producer/from producer) :( But I'm sure we can assume that all acapellas were hacked

Good list!

MMITPM was 98% found on a publishing site somewhere

Lana said that her hard drive was hacked remotely when she was staying in a hotel once.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

You are a GOD. :defeated: I asked some questions about this a few days ago and now you came up with a whole thread about it.

If this means that there are still roughly 100 songs out there... Lord. :deadbanana:

I think we may be making too much of this statement especially given her apparent confusion about the source of leaks like "Black Beauty". This might have been a number she just pulled out of her ass that interviewers have repeated in several interviews. And didn't Lana previously say she was hacked in 2011? Someone help me out here. (I also seem to remember comments back on SIN cryptically alluding to feeling so sorry for what happened to her and saying that her camp needed to get their shit together and being told later that those comments referred to rumors that she'd been hacked. Unfortunately the original SIN thread is down because it was idle too long. Do any of the other old timers remember this?)

So I don't think we're ever going to be able to use this to determine whether everything has leaked. Nevertheless I think this is a useful exercise. There are a number of songs we can definitively say did not leak due to hacking because the source of the leak was revealed at the time. There's also some number of songs we can say most likely did not leak due to hacking because a possible source of the leak was discovered later. With the rest it's harder to tell. I'd assume some of the leaks with studio production were obtaining by hacking, but I'd be surprised if a decent number of them didn't leak in ways similar to those documented here except we never learned the source. I think the acapellas and rougher tracks were much more likely to have been hacked, though it's quite possible some rough demos could have been leaked by other people involved in their creation.

At any rate, some corrections/additions:

• KOL - On her YouTube account, on "Gossip Girl", producers' web site (though can't be sure if pre-hack)
  • DMD (demo) - On her YouTube account, download available on several blogs since 2010
  • MH "HQ" - An LDR.FM mod claimed it came from her MySpace and implied other early stuff from her MySpace would surface in higher quality, but LDR.FM shut down before that happened. I believe "Fordham Road" probably came from her MySpace too. We know from screenshots it was on there and it's in the same bit rate as MH if I recall correctly.
  • PS(GW) - Three Six Zero productions Soundcloud. A couple other songs may have surfaced here too. When I stumbled on PS (GW) I noticed a couple alreadly leaked tracks on there, the NA Nexus demo and one of the versions of DICWB if I recall.
  • YCBTB - On YouTube since Sept. 25, 2011
  • "White Pontiac Heaven" was on myspace.com/lanarey.
  • Don't understand why you're ruling out hacking with the NKF demos.
  • I think it would be useful to note tracks that were on that 18-track sampler or whatever that that one early Guardian review mentioned. It's not impossible someone got a hold of that.
  • I also think it would be useful to note songs Lana had up on her Soundcloud at one point.

Later edit: Another random thought: What if the 211 number is specific, but not specific to what was hacked? Like, maybe she's generalizing that "all" her songs were hacked, but maybe the 211 figure is a real number of songs she's kept track of? If so, I'd imagine this would exclude demos and alternate versions.

Edited by evilentity
See next post re: NKF.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Hmm... On TPB, a commenter wrote this on the torrent for the FLAC rip of NKF:

"THIS IS MPEG AUDIO MIXED WITH A HIGH FREQ. SIGNAL TO FOOL DETECTORS LIKE AUCDTECT.

NON SENSE."

What do we make of this?

Hmm... On TPB, a commenter wrote this on the torrent for the FLAC rip of NKF:

"THIS IS MPEG AUDIO MIXED WITH A HIGH FREQ. SIGNAL TO FOOL DETECTORS LIKE AUCDTECT.

NON SENSE."

What do we make of this?

"Jump" goes all the way up to 22K, but "Get Drunk" only goes to 18K; wouldn't a faker want to make the spectrogram look "better"? Anyways, the people on Dime always seem to be sticklers for quality. The TPB poster was probably incredulous that it could exist in FLAC at all.

RpUbile.jpg

I think we may be making too much of this statement especially given her apparent confusion about the source of leaks like "Black Beauty". This might have been a number she just pulled out of her ass that interviewers have repeated in several interviews. And didn't Lana previously say she was hacked in 2011? Someone help me out here. (I also seem to remember comments back on SIN cryptically alluding to feeling so sorry for what happened to her and saying that her camp needed to get their shit together and being told later that those comments referred to rumors that she'd been hacked. Unfortunately the original SIN thread is down because it was idle too long. Do any of the other old timers remember this?)

How on earth were my ee-targeted disclaimers not enough to avoid this...

Anyway, I too thought she was hacked much earlier than 2012. Would kill to see posts around the time of the hack smh.

So I don't think we're ever going to be able to use this to determine whether everything has leaked. Nevertheless I think this is a useful exercise. There are a number of songs we can definitively say did not leak due to hacking because the source of the leak was revealed at the time. There's also some number of songs we can say most likely did not leak due to hacking because a possible source of the leak was discovered later. With the rest it's harder to tell. I'd assume some of the leaks with studio production were obtaining by hacking, but I'd be surprised if a decent number of them didn't leak in ways similar to those documented here except we never learned the source. I think the acapellas and rougher tracks were much more likely to have been hacked, though it's quite possible some rough demos could have been leaked by other people involved in their creation.

This is especially frustrating, though some evidence to the contrary could be that the songs traveled in packs (higher production mixed with rough tracks) as well as the fact that we know of their existence. For instance, I always considered the ldr.fm list a good account of what songs had been procured, whereas songs that weren't hacked but found through other means generally catch us by a lot of surprise with their titles (Stoplight De-Lite, MMITPM, and PS(GW) come to mind). Also we of course can't ABSOLUTELY say it was all one hack, because then where would some of the 2011 leaks have come from?

At any rate, some corrections/additions:

• KOL - On her YouTube account, on "Gossip Girl", producers' web site (though can't be sure if pre-hack)
  • DMD (demo) - On her YouTube account, download available on several blogs since 2010
  • MH "HQ" - An LDR.FM mod claimed it came from her MySpace and implied other early stuff from her MySpace would surface in higher quality, but LDR.FM shut down before that happened. I believe "Fordham Road" probably came from her MySpace too. We know from screenshots it was on there and it's in the same bit rate as MH if I recall correctly.
  • PS(GW) - Three Six Zero productions Soundcloud. A couple other songs may have surfaced here too. When I stumbled on PS (GW) I noticed a couple alreadly leaked tracks on there, the NA Nexus demo and one of the versions of DICWB if I recall.
  • YCBTB - On YouTube since Sept. 25, 2011
  • "White Pontiac Heaven" was on myspace.com/lanarey.
  • Don't understand why you're ruling out hacking with the NKF demos.
  • I think it would be useful to note tracks that were on that 18-track sampler or whatever that that one early Guardian review mentioned. It's not impossible someone got a hold of that.
  • I also think it would be useful to note songs Lana had up on her Soundcloud at one point.

Here's the thing with KOL and YCBTB--they weren't TECHNICALLY leaked, but I thought we were later provided with high quality files that likely came from the hack, right?

I wonder how they got access to Money Hunny and Fordham Road if we can only find those songs in archives.

Later edit: Another random thought: What if the 211 number is specific, but not specific to what was hacked? Like, maybe she's generalizing that "all" her songs were hacked, but maybe the 211 figure is a real number of songs she's kept track of? If so, I'd imagine this would exclude demos and alternate versions.

That would be absolutely bananas. Here we were all thinking that we were running out of leaks...Though I feel like there are only like 25 unleaked titles left or so? Idk this is wild either way

HOLY FUCK I was thinking of doing this. The number 211 has been floating in my head since that interview was released.

- Have my children, xx  :hooker:

But seriously it gives me life that there are still 100+ unleaked songs floating around in some person's computer...

(Also.... Dark Paradise, the second demo is 3:58 not 3:38)

Oh, and what about DOIJROIJ and Carmen Acapella? 

Thanks! And Doijroij is an edit of some OTHER unreleased song, so I'm not putting it yet. While Carmen a cappella is called "Little Carmen"

I wonder how they got access to Money Hunny and Fordham Road if we can only find those songs in archives.

I've always speculated that maybe they found an early fan who had ripped a bunch of stuff from her MySpace, like maybe someone familiar with the Williamsburg music scene. I can't be bothered to relisten to his podcasts right now, but if I recall correctly, I thought Sean from Nefarious Bovine Radio had said something about getting the old tracks of hers he had off her MySpace. Supposedly he played everything he had, but maybe the LDR.FM mods found someone else who ripped more shit back in the day.

You should just count all pre hack songs (excluding albums) and compare with the early albums and see how close to 211 we get. I would only count songs that are demos too).

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

This hacking story is so confusing.

I guess we should consider that if the 211 number is right (which we'll never know because the information Lana gives seem to be quite misleading most of the times), every track that has been recorded prior to 2012 should be included in the batch.

Don't know if you agree, but I believe Lana doesn't keep track of what she has uploaded here and there (given she has uploaded stuff to several sources under several names) and she's probably unaware that we have a certain song because she made it available in the past somewhere. If she's so sure that they were 211 songs, let's imagine she had a folder in which she included all of her recordings and she knew the number of files in it – then, when she was hacked, all of it was taken and this is the reason why she thinks we have all of the leaks (?). But it doesn't mean that just because a song came directly from Lana or from a producer that Lana thought (for example) "oh, I'm not considering that 'Kinda Outta Luck' wasn't in this batch because I uploaded it on my YouTube account."

My two cents are that she probably had her recordings together and she considered all of them when she said they stole 211 songs, including the ones on the unreleased albums and maybe even the released one. The interview says "not to mention her songs" and then Lana says "all 211 of them," so why wouldn't we consider everything prior to 2012?