Somebody help me understand why critics are wetting their pants over this. I keep trying to listen and it’s just a mess. Half the songs sound like Ariana’s Positions, Justin’s Changes, Nobody Gets Me sounds like Camilla Cabello… what is so special about this album? 

yes, blind, kill bill and good days are great but that’s like it. I feel like if anyone else released this it would barely be praised 

01. PSA

02. Too Late

03. Love Language

04. Blind

05. Ghost In The Machine

06. Special

07. Kill Bill

08. Main One Trying

09. Gone Girl

10. Nobody Gets Me

12. Open Arms

13. Joni

thank you for the beautiful album SZA I am just gonna pretend this is what you released :kiss3:

26 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

01. PSA

02. Too Late

03. Love Language

04. Blind

05. Ghost In The Machine

06. Special

07. Kill Bill

08. Main One Trying

09. Gone Girl

10. Nobody Gets Me

12. Open Arms

13. Joni

thank you for the beautiful album SZA I am just gonna pretend this is what you released :kiss3:

what is this smoking on my ex pack erasure.. this flows better though :true:

5 minutes ago, jinsouldilf said:

what is this smoking on my ex pack erasure.. this flows better though :true:

I have a second album called SOS for the grimier beats :true:

01. SOS

02. Far

03. Seek & Destroy

04. Used

05. On My Mind

06. Smoking On My Ex Pack

07. Nightbird

08. Hit Different

09. Shirt

10. I Hate U

11. Low

12. Conceited

13. Forgiveless 

and I honestly deleted F2F bc I can’t pretend to like it :oprah3:

47 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Compared to Ctrl, this new album sounds really cheap. She should have stuck with the Shirt and Good days sound/vibe. I’m honestly disappointed, like it’s very forgettable 

yeah that's what i'm also feeling - forgettable, cheap and mediocre. As soon as i saw it has 23 tracks i knew it's gonna be like Donda and CLB.

I really like used with Don Toliver (it's literally on repeat since yesterday) and seek&destroy but the rest (except good days, shirt and i hate u) is skippable. 

I will not stand for all of this SZA slander !

the album is amazing and after a 5 year wait, it’s so nice that we got TWENTY THREE tracks !!

lots of different genres on the album, literally something for everyone

And when she drops the deluxe we are gonna have like 30 tracks . MOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seek & destroy is that bitch though :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

honestly there's no song that i didn't like, there's just some that stood out to me more and it feels a lot more like a mixtape than an album but that's fine since we're still getting new music :true:

i can see some songs continuing to grow on me, and i might try splitting the album up into 2 different ones to make it a little more palatable instead of the 23-track run

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

maybe it's cuz i'm tipsy but i'm listening to the album for the first time and REALLY vibing with it. like i needed this.

also, Blind is that bitch :defeated:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

8 hours ago, maysparkle said:

Some of the songs are ok. I like Shirt, Blind and Good Days…and maybe I didn’t get enough sleep last night (I know I didn’t, I was up till 2 am obsessing about stupid shit) but this new album is giving me a headache. People were right that there are more skips than not. Confused by pitchforks review. I really did like her first two albums; they seemed more cohesive. tbh I’d rather just stream Tunnel/Ocean Blvd again for the millionth time lol

So you rather just go to sleep then? I love Lana but Tunnel sounds like a million of her other songs. She is sO stuck.

7 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

F2F is really bad though. She wanted that TikTok jam

ITS SO GOOD. It's fun!

This album is long. That's true. And it is all over the place. But It's got every mood ready.

8 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

This album is long. That's true. And it is all over the place. But It's got every mood ready.

PERIODDDDDD :nails:

also PSA & Boy From South Detroit ft Lizzo confirmed for deluxe

and she talked about potentially having the Weeknd on there and made it sound like a Paramore collab was possible. 
there’s apparently a second Don toliver collab too…. And so many snippets that didn’t make the album so…..

im so excited :defeated::defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

maybe it's cuz i'm tipsy but i'm listening to the album for the first time and REALLY vibing with it. like i needed this.

also, Blind is that bitch :defeated:

blind is so GOOD 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7