Lanakai

The Source Family, Ultraviolence & Lana Del Rey

If you search Isis Aquarian in the facebook search toolbar you can find the first wife of father Yod, on facebook she comes up... And it looks like she replies to random people... *polite* people... Someone should get in touch with her and post it for all of us to see... She looks very welcoming... And she looks like she now resides in Hawaii.. Doesn't look like their are any other Isis Aquarian's.  Just the one on facebook... Anyoneeee?

She added me as a friend last night. I'm working on it but it might take a while. I have a lot of respect for this woman so I don't want to rush it.

She added me as a friend last night. I'm working on it but it might take a while. I have a lot of respect for this woman so I don't want to rush it.

I completely agree :) !! Very cool... I chickened out with the add :*

I will try. But idk, it's okay to do this? I need to watch the doc first. Which point between Lana and The Source Family is the most important to us?

If you (@@Lanakai) will do it, that's better. You are more into the story. I also agree, step by step.

I will try. But idk, it's okay to do this? I need to watch the doc first. Which point between Lana and The Source Family is the most important to us?

If you (@@Lanakai) will do it, that's better. You are more into the story. I also agree, step by step.

Let's discuss this further!!!! .... PEOPLE? I think we should leave this one to the one and only (@@Lanakai) thoughts? I love lana too much to go digging around.  I feel rude in a way... Ha ha. Thanks mother... For my stupid Conscience... Damn the morals... Gonna watch the doc tonight!! What will my boyfriend say when I come home and put that thing on :'D ha ha?

I completely agree :) !! Very cool... I chickened out with the add :*

Not going to lie, I had a mini fan girl freakout when she added me back lol. Ever since I've delved into the Source world, I've become a bit obsessive, trying to get my hands on any information I can and reading every article I can find. Isis has become as important to me as Lana at this point and I have so much respect for her. I'll keep everyone posted with what I can find out but as she is in her 70's now I want to show her as much respect as possible and take my time with it. I know you guys will understand that ;)

So yes absolutely I will volunteer to liason with Isis. It just might take a while lol

Not going to lie, I had a mini fan girl freakout when she added me back lol. Ever since I've delved into the Source world, I've become a bit obsessive, trying to get my hands on any information I can and reading every article I can find. Isis has become as important to me as Lana at this point and I have so much respect for her. I'll keep everyone posted with what I can find out but as she is in her 70's now I want to show her as much respect as possible and take my time with it. I know you guys will understand that ;)

You are GREAT! Don't ever change ;) I also felt this way!!! So strange... And I become a bit obsessive myself over these sort of findings... Like would Lana be mad at us if she knew we were diving too deep into something that means so much to her? *Allegedly* ha ha... Anyways I wait I wait... In quietness..

So yes absolutely I will volunteer to liason with Isis. It just might take a while lol

I may have missed this in the thread, but I really am interested to see if there is a reaction if she were to know about this whole untraviolence era… Okay so for example, let’s say you are isis, and you listen to ultraviolence.. Would you freak out if almost every song referenced your life in some way? I mean, Lana references her fan’s lives all the time and that’s why we connect with her but I’m talking more the in-depth details and names in her songs… What would isis do? Maybe someone has sent her something already? SO MANY QUESTIONS. CAN’T. WORK.  :defeated: 

I may have missed this in the thread, but I really am interested to see if there is a reaction if she were to know about this whole untraviolence era… Okay so for example, let’s say you are isis, and you listen to ultraviolence.. Would you freak out if almost every song referenced your life in some way? I mean, Lana references her fan’s lives all the time and that’s why we connect with her but I’m talking more the in-depth details and names in her songs… What would isis do? Maybe someone has sent her something already? SO MANY QUESTIONS. CAN’T. WORK.  :defeated: 

That's a interesting point. The Isis reaction to Ultraviolence. I have thought of the opposite: Some fan asking Lana about The Source or some hippie cult...

I have to give (@Lanakai) SO much credit for this... This is like some true mystery detective shit! You literally had me thinking all night last night... I NEED MORE. Ha ha. Anyways let's give the credit where credit is due!!!! (@Lanakai) are you the person who started up this entire theory? I get goosebumps every time you match up a picture with a picture - and that doesn't happen often. I am a very spiritual. Anyways if this entire theory get's out one day... the credit must always go to (@Lanakai) :) *correct me if I'm wrong*

Right there with ya, love. All I want to do is go home and investigate more lol. Stupid work :P

I'm definitely going to send her the UV single to see what she says.

I've got some updating to do on the main post too so hopefully I can get to that tonight :) I'm so happy you all are as interested in this as I am.

Right there with ya, love. All I want to do is go home and investigate more lol. Stupid work :P

I'm definitely going to send her the UV single to see what she says.

I've got some updating to do on the main post too so hopefully I can get to that tonight :) I'm so happy you all are as interested in this as I am.

Yeeeeeeee thank you! Finally a good thread (I like them all) but I like a mental challenge :D have a great day!

I have to give (@Lanakai) SO much credit for this... This is like some true mystery detective shit! You literally had me thinking all night last night... I NEED MORE. Ha ha. Anyways let's give the credit where credit is due!!!! (@Lanakai) are you the person who started up this entire theory? I get goosebumps every time you match up a picture with a picture - and that doesn't happen often. I am a very spiritual. Anyways if this entire theory get's out one day... the credit must always go to (@Lanakai) :) *correct me if I'm wrong*

I don't know if I am the first to link the two, maybe? But thank you dear. Mostly I'm just happy that you all are confirming there could be a connection here and I'm not crazy lol

The first thing i check when i get home now is this thread haha. You deserve a lotta credit for sure! Great theory, every detail, analysis... @@Lanakai I'm really excited about it

Ditto on checking this thread every time I log on  :facepalm:

One thing to consider is that we have to remember that Lana was born after the Source was a spent force. So  we need to wonder how and why Lana knows so much about the Source and what is her connection. What if this is speculation and a coincidence? 

One thing to consider is that we have to remember that Lana was born after the Source was a spent force. So we need to wonder how and why Lana knows so much about the Source and what is her connection. What if this is speculation and a coincidence?

I considered this too. The thing that made all of this seem plausible is that since Isis started to release all this information, there has been a resurgence of fans and followers in the hipster and artist community. In the main post I reference Isis' book description from Amazon that lists Rick Rubin as a recent devotee or at least a fan of the Source Family, citing them as inspiration and even dressing and looking like Father Yod. Rick of course collaborated with Lana before on Paradise. I would bet Lana is well aware of the cult and how it has influenced LA culture. Whether or not she used it as inspiration is what I'm interested in. There are definitely some connections here, and I don't necessarily think they are 100% solid but they are interesting to discuss nonetheless.

Tillman settled on the moniker Father John Misty mostly for comedic effect, a sly nod to the Source Family ("I just think those dudes are hysterical"), but he's clearly embracing the character. He carries himself like Jim Morrison in his dark, shaman period, engaging his audience with wry, and at times rambling, stage banter.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/music/2012-10-12/acl-interview-father-john-misty/