Born To Die

Ryn Weaver

Ooh I was waiting for this girl to pop up in the forum. I don't know why there's so much online hate towards her, people saying she's being pushed or that it's easy to realease music when you have the money or something like that.

Anyways, I'd appreciate the zip file :3

Ooh I was waiting for this girl to pop up in the forum. I don't know why there's so much online hate towards her, people saying she's being pushed or that it's easy to realease music when you have the money or something like that.

Anyways, I'd appreciate the zip file :3

Reminds me of the Lana Del Rey hate when she first started getting buzz.

tumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro3_r1_250.giftumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro2_r1_250.gif

Reminds me of the Lana Del Rey hate when she first started getting buzz.

I'm skeptical of her too. I don't know anything about her or how much money she has, but I know she was an absolute nobody who suddenly got a chance to work with Diplo and Charli XCX who basically made the song octahate for her, and now she's getting all this buzz.

Also kind of bothers me that in this interview she talks about writing Octahate and fails to mention Charli XCX... Did she write it or did Charli? If they wrote it together I find it a little weird she never once mentions Charli...

edit: forgot to post the interview lol... http://www.thefader.com/2014/08/08/ryn-weaver-interview/

Also kind of bothers me that in this interview she talks about writing Octahate and fails to mention Charli XCX... Did she write it or did Charli? If they wrote it together I find it a little weird she never once mentions Charli...

edit: forgot to post the interview lol... http://www.thefader.com/2014/08/08/ryn-weaver-interview/

She hella did make it seem like she spent forever re-writing it to make it perfect.

Tell me about “OctaHate,” the track that started it all. Why eight times the hate?

Actually, we were all working on a track and the guys titled it “OctaLoser” originally. That was the track I took home and wrote some stuff on and played with, and by the end of it I re-titled it “OctaHate.” At first that was actually more because it was the first song that I had finished with them, and I was pretty insecure about it, I was like “I hate it!” I was almost apologising for myself before I even gave it to them. But then as time went on it was like, we need to think of a new name, and I was like actually, that kind of makes the most sense as a name, because it’s about a certain ex-boyfriend. I liked the idea of “hate times eight.” The song itself is a tantrum, it’s like this “fuck you,” you know what I mean? It just made sense to me. And also playing off the word octa, I liked the idea of an octopus: something that just won’t let go.