Sitar

LIZ Y2K

am i allowed to say Liz could’ve really turned out a career if she stuck with the aesthetic and sound of Queen Of Me and Could U Love Me. Those are the songs she reintroduced herself with and they’re extremely excellent and the single cover is gorgeous. and then she completely trashes anything she had going by releasing SDN, Pandemonium, and Last Call which are all kind of objectively major trash and the single covers are trash. she had an aesthetic going with QOM/LC and then like confuses everything by releasing three new songs that have no cohesion at all. and now she’s kind of doing her 2000’s shtick and i guess some of the tracks are really great but she’s kind of a one trick fad now. and even the album cover of Y2K is trash. anyways i guess i’m rambling cause i think Liz could’ve been big i think and now ...she’s just there.

I agree 100% the only songs that gave me the feelings that QOM an CULM (ew didn't think the abbreviation of could u love me would be that ugly anyway) was Cloudbusting and Mickey, which are certified bops. I wish she stuck with the sound of those four songs and released Better or something, or other songs reminiscent of the sound. Sweat also is a great song that would fit onto a project with Better, QOM, CULM, Cloudbusting and Mickey. honestly hope some outtakes or songs she recorded in 2016 leak so we can make a fat free liz experience

You guys can't ever cheer the girl the way she deserves, huh?!?!? We're tired now to know her second project is coming for her r&b roots, so chill!!!!!!! Y2K had to run so the next one can walk in near future

am i allowed to say Liz could’ve really turned out a career if she stuck with the aesthetic and sound of Queen Of Me and Could U Love Me. Those are the songs she reintroduced herself with and they’re extremely excellent and the single cover is gorgeous. and then she completely trashes anything she had going by releasing SDN, Pandemonium, and Last Call which are all kind of objectively major trash and the single covers are trash. she had an aesthetic going with QOM/LC and then like confuses everything by releasing three new songs that have no cohesion at all. and now she’s kind of doing her 2000’s shtick and i guess some of the tracks are really great but she’s kind of a one trick fad now. and even the album cover of Y2K is trash. anyways i guess i’m rambling cause i think Liz could’ve been big i think and now ...she’s just there.

and that’s exactly why I’m putting faith into this upcoming R&B project, I still prefer her R&B material as her voice fits it way better, there’s a reason why Mickey and cloudbusting are the best songs on Y2K and that’s because they still have a small R&B sound in the track (and also because they’re older so probably from the r&b recording sessions)

giphy.gif