Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Ultraviolence Audio Commentary

https://soundcloud.com/softmetallover/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-audio-commentary

Listen to Lana talk about all the tracks on the standard edition of Ultraviolence.

Source: http://www.mtvmusic.de/artist/lana-del-rey/album/ultraviolence-audio-commentary

(Ripped and edited by @@Ultraviolence.)

What's even cooler is that we didn't even know it was called Methamphetamines iirc, the original vid was untitled so we just assumed Sirens-style

Lipsters slaying!

What's even cooler is that we didn't even know it was called Methamphetamines iirc, the original vid was untitled so we just assumed Sirens-style

Lipsters slaying!

Now, the only question that remains is whether or not there's a non-video version of it, or if we're stuck with a Lolita (Demo 1)-style mess. :makeup:

'cuz like i'm assuming there's a million different demos of this bitch anyway and they all need to get leaking

rihKQ8M.gif

Guest Dot

Now, the only question that remains is whether or not there's a non-video version of it, or if we're stuck with a Lolita (Demo 1)-style mess. :makeup:

'cuz like i'm assuming there's a million different demos of this bitch anyway and they all need to get leaking

I bet there's a lot of different Old Money incarnations. Lolita (Demo 2-4)-esque. :makeup:

Lipsters slaying!

What if she called it that because we came up with it and she just kinda went with it after seeing it leaked?  :creepna:  :godlaugh:

okay *probably* not but its fun to dream

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Ultraviolence - Audio Commentary. I added song snippets in the background, because I'm not the copy/paste kinda guy. :makeup: http://picosong.com/PpAj

Sweet I didn't know you got full recordings! Soundcloud this ho!

Clips are still random, though. Who is so quiet (re: Ultraviolence explantion)?!

Guest Dot

I think you can really tell what songs she considers "fillers". Looking at you Sad Girl! That explanation...WOW so enlightening.

Very interesting to hear that she reworked Melancholia into Ultraviolence, in order to have a title track. I really wouldn't be surprised if the demo was better than the final version, because to me the chorus seems really forced into the context. It's kinda random.

Also the fact that she unintentinally sampled R+J...very weird, but cool indeed. I love that she basically confirmed that Old Money is the final version of Methamphetamines. I've been saying it all along! Anyway...I'm really interested in hearing the previous version of the song.

Lipsters slaying!

oh i c u using the "royal we"   :makeup:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

With his melancholiaaaaaa

Much like "Florida Kilos" seems inspired by Spring Breakers, I'd bet cake this was inspired by the Lars von Trier film. #PartyLikeItsDogme95

I'm telling you:

I've been thinking more and more lately that when she says all her songs are autobiographical, they're autobiographical of herself watching TV. Or perhaps Netflix in this instance.

This is true. The original file was named "Lizzy Grant.mp4". An LDR.FM mod had previously scrobbled a track named "methamphetamines" of similar length so it was assumed to be named "Methamphetamines" when it surfaced.

I was just reminiscing about my days in Brooklyn, my days with my boyfriend on South 8th Street.

:facepalm: I'm still amazed someone so (rightfully) vocal about their victimization by hacking continues to provide such specific identifiable information about her past addresses and lovers. (This is not the first time she's done either.) It's almost like she wants us to sleuth. :creep:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.