Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Ultraviolence Audio Commentary

Much like "Florida Kilos" seems inspired by Spring Breakers, I'd bet cake this was inspired by the Lars von Trier film. #PartyLikeItsDogme95

I'm telling you:

This is true. The original file was named "Lizzy Grant.mp4". An LDR.FM mod had previously scrobbled a track named "methamphetamines" of similar length so it was assumed to be named "Methamphetamines" when it surfaced.

:facepalm: I'm still amazed someone so (rightfully) vocal about their victimization by hacking continues to provide such specific identifiable information about her past addresses and lovers. (This is not the first time she's done either.) It's almost like she wants us to sleuth. :creep:

South 8th Street is a very short street as well, it won't be that hard to find someone that knew 'Lizzy Grant' 8 years ago.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Guest Dot

South 8th Street is a very short street as well, it won't be that hard to find someone that knew 'Lizzy Grant' 8 years ago.

The one in Illinois, yes.

Lanasoldne897e.png

Lanashouse90e8.png

It suits the whole "drug addict" theme, doesn't it? :creep:

However...

This is the South 8th Street she was referring to and it's not that short tbh.

Lanasoldnec074.png

Does anyone know when they'll release the full clips?

http://picosong.com/PpaT/

Guest Dot

Strange that she didn't recall the "What is a Youth" song when she seems to reference the lyrics in the "Dark Paradise" demo

"What is a youth? Impetuous fire.

What is a maid? Ice and desire."

= "I got the ice, you got the fire."

Plus Burning Desire, etc.

NICE FIND! She does reference a lot of lines from books and poetry in her songs, though. In Old Money it's kind of like she actually sampled part of the instrumental score, which unintentionally or not, is much more than just using a line or a few expressions from other literary work.

The one in Illinois, yes.

Lanasoldne897e.png

Lanashouse90e8.png

It suits the whole "drug addict" theme, doesn't it? :creep:

However...

This is the South 8th Street she was referring to and it's not that short tbh.

Lanasoldnec074.png

http://picosong.com/PpaT/

I lived in NYC for 15 years of my 17 year life (and I went to school a few minutes from there as well) . I know that street, and it's very short in comparison to other streets in Brooklyn. :toofunny:

What's interesting is the fact that it's close to an arts center, a film studio, numerous bars and the Williamsburg Bridge. If she made ANY connections in NYC she sure as hell made them in Williamsburg at the very least. :flutter: :flutter:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Intentionally or not, with this album she says a lot of things from her unreleased catalogue. It almost looks like she listens to the leaks and she's like "wow i like this melody/line im gonna re-use it" :toofunny:

I lived in NYC for 15 years of my 17 year life (and I went to school a few minutes from there as well) . I know that street, and it's very short in comparison to other streets in Brooklyn. :toofunny:

What's interesting is the fact that it's close to an arts center, a film studio, numerous bars and the Williamsburg Bridge. If she made ANY connections in NYC she sure as hell made them in Williamsburg at the very least. :flutter: :flutter:

Yeah the people who booed off Stefani with her :hooker:

Guest Dot

That's short? :toofunny: Nevermind, lol.

Oh wow that's very interesting! I noticed it's pretty close to Broadway too.

Intentionally or not, with this album she says a lot of things from her unreleased catalogue. It almost looks like she listens to the leaks and she's like "wow i like this melody/line im gonna re-use it" :toofunny:

Yeah the people who booed off Stefani with her :hooker:

Inb4 all of UV contains lyrics from unleaked songs.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Guest Dot

Omg Gaga and Lana lived pretty close to each other! They both lived at the opposite end of Williamsburg Bridge! Lana lived on the east end and Gaga at the west end. I bet they crossed paths a few times.

Omg Gaga and Lana lived pretty close to each other! They both lived at the opposite end of Williamsburg Bridge! Lana lived on the east end and Gaga at the west end. I bet they crossed paths a few times.

i think they know each other 

They were friends, now they aren't because "Gaga changed" and left Lana in the dust for 'The Fame'.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Omg, the reason I never liked Ultraviolence the song is because it seems to so forced. And it's true! I said it sounds like an after thought, where as Born To die (song) was conceived long before that was the album title, here she had an album title and then moulded it into a song.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Omg, the reason I never liked Ultraviolence the song is because it seems to so forced. And it's true! I said it sounds like an after thought, where as Born To die (song) was conceived long before that was the album title, here she had an album title and then moulded it into a song.

Yeah but she has also a lot of songs with titles that don't even appear in the song itself. So I don't really think she purposely forced a certain word in to a song. If it didn't feel right for her she wouldn't sing it, so she must be happy with it.

So funny to hear that she remade a "melancholia" song into UV, because she wanted to call the album like that :D

And the way she really admits she herself considers Sad Girl as a filler ... priceless :lmaoney:

And she still tries to circumvent explaining about what FMWUTTT is about :D

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If Lana knew and thought that Sad Girl was a filler why didn't she just kept it as a UV bonus track and swapped it for the gem that is Florida Kilos. It would've made sense tracklist wise BC she could've made a story where she travels from Brooklyn-West Coast-Florida. Its such a missed opportunity tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

If Lana knew and thought that Sad Girl was a filler why didn't she just kept it as a UV bonus track and swapped it for the gem that is Florida Kilos. It would've made sense tracklist wise BC she could've made a story where she travels from Brooklyn-West Coast-Florida. Its such a missed opportunity tbh

I guess from that point of view, every bonustrack would have fit better ^^

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!