Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

LB Karaoke Contest S3: Round 1 - "Put Your Favourite Record On!"

Guest Dot

Round1-ban6f0b.png

Finally! The 3rd season of the Karaoke Contest is about to start. :kris:

Are you all excited? I know, me too! :crying:

We might have a bit of delay today, because obviously some contestants couldn't get their shit together and PM me their entries in time or didn't even bother to send them at all, lol. Once the ultimate deadline is over, I'll post the entries. Also, could some mod be so kind and move this to the contest section? Thx in advance. :kiss:

Anyway...I'm ULTRAVIOLENCE and me and the amazing @ will be your hosts tonight!

As you can see in the banner above the 14 contestants were asked to cover one of their favourite songs. Not too difficult, isn't it? However, picking one of your favourite songs might reveal itself as a bit tricky, since that particular song you've chosen to sing might end up impossible for you to sing. Surprisingly, there really isn't a lot of Lana present in this round, which is good since she's supposed to appear somewhere close to the end (saving the best for the last! :shh:).

To my surprise, yes I was indeed surprised by that, all of the contestants did a decent job on their covers and they're all very different from each other. Lots of different artists, different styles...

But before I end up having three pages of blah I should start telling you how things will work out this season.

1. This season we have 14 contestants participating in this competion.The best case would be to have 12 rounds with one-two elimination per round.
  2. I'll ask the voters to take their time to listen to each submission and vote for their TWO favourite entries. There will be 72 hours to vote each round. Since there is no option to close the poll automatically it'll take at least 72 hours...as soon as I can arrive.
  3. The contestant, whose entry has reached the least amount of votes will be eliminated and his/her identity will be revealed. He/she won't be able return for the rest of the season.

Another thing I'd like the voters to do is to actually review the entries and to tell us why you think contestant X and Y did the best jobs. I think it's very important for the contestants to see the critique given by other LB members in order for them to know how they can improve during the next round. Also, if no one comments this will be a boring-ass and shitty contest. :awk:

That said, I'd like to pass the word onto my co-host @@trayertrash.

Guest Dot

Cool ! When will it start ? :)

Once enough people have signed up. Hypothetically, I'd say the first round will be launched at the end of this month, meaning that the entrants will have to start recording something a week before that.

Guest Dot

Okay cool ! :) maybe we could do a little promo (banners for signatures etc..)?

That's a great idea! But I fear it would not be as much of a surprise anymore if all the contestants would use such banners in their signatures.

Once enough people have signed up. Hypothetically, I'd say the first round will be launched at the end of this month, meaning that the entrants will have to start recording something a week before that.

But wouldn't you need to announce the Genre or whatever theme for the round before people are able to record?

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Guest Dot

But wouldn't you need to announce the Genre or whatever theme for the round before people are able to record?

I will send a PM to all the contestants, of course. ;)

If you send me a banner I'll use it :P

I can't wait to judge you basic bitches.

I'm totally taking bribes, I accept paypal (no less than $20) iTunes gift cards and Roses :creep:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

If you send me a banner I'll use it :P

I can't wait to judge you basic bitches.

I'm totally taking bribes, I accept paypal (no less than $20) iTunes gift cards and Roses :creep:

:)

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg