CruelWorld

Lana covers "Complex" magazine - August/September Issue

I don't see how promiscuity (alleged or not) contradicts 'being a good person, helping the community and being with family.' To be honest I think this whole social construct of wholesomeness, particularly where women are involved, is an old fashioned ideology lingering to the present day. Just because someone likes to have sex doesn't make them a bad person, and though it may not fit into a stereotypical paradigm of a 'good, wholesome' person does not in any way detract from your personality in reality. I, for one, know plenty of guys who sleep around, but they have hearts of gold and are basically mummy's boys. They're good, family orientated people, and just because they like to spend time between the sheets doesn't make it not so.

People who are doing sex with no feelings involved frequently have issues regarding respect, loyalty and not treating others like a piece of meat of their ephemeral desire. I don't give a fuck how many partners she had in her life but saying publicly "a lot" is irresponsible from her and contradictory with any family values she expressed. I suspect her of lying about that, I don't believe that she fucked her way around period.

I think that however insecure she is about herself and being on stage. She is incredibly confident in her sexuality.

I don't think that she is confident in her sexuality. I think that she's rather awkward about it: she's hanging on your neck easily but when you touch her she's gonna give you a smack in your face. The ridiculous thing is that today everybody in the world is talking about how big a whore is LDR when in reality I think that she's a girl with certain sexual frustrations and complexes.

For me, I can explain her promiscuity, at least as it exists now, by just thinking about her the same way I would a male rock superstar. Her libido historically is at least referred to in her pre-fame songs, though you have the option of just thinking about these as character studies. Nobody forces an artistic interpretation on anyone.

You really think that she will be judged like male rockstar?! No, she will be trashed by everybody, she pushes the envelope until she will be dropped by her label.

This is the first time when I feel that I like her less than before. I didn't mind her "I'm bored with feminism", "I want to be dead already" or other BS that she said. But this is just off putting, even in Off To The Races the lolita finds loyalty and stability in her life despite that both of them are flawed characters. The way she said it tho...carelessly 

I don't think that she is confident in her sexuality. I think that she's rather awkward about it: she's hanging on your neck easily but when you touch her she's gonna give you a smack in your face. The ridiculous thing is that today everybody in the world is talking about how big a whore is LDR when in reality I think that she's a girl with certain sexual frustrations and complexes.

I see it differently.

I truly believe she is incredibly confident about her sexuality. And that it's not a big deal to her. So for her to say she slept with a lot of people is not a big thing, because she doesn't sees it as something abnormal.

She even says (don't know if it is this interview of another one) that in a relationship it isn't for her always about the love and feeling, but that as long as the physical aspect and the chemistry is there, she is down. That's important to her.

And I don't see the problem with that, or that it implies that she is actualy really akward.

It's not like she needs to make this virgin-esque statue of herself taylor swift like, to be a good girl. Because if you see sexuality as a normal aspect of who you are and don't have a problem with it there is no problem. you can be a good person and enjoy yourself. And that doesn't mean that she can't have meaningful realtionships.

Like with Barrie, she had a relationship with him for 3 years, she clearly was in love. And now it is over, she don't seem to have a problem to be with other men just for physical realtions.

And one day she will fall in love again and have a relationship.

I really don't know where I am going with this, but really, I can not see your point at all. But maybe that's my fault.

You really think that she will be judged like male rockstar?! No, she will be trashed by everybody, she pushes the envelope until she will be dropped by her label.

I'm certainly not "everybody", but that is a perspective I thought reasonable enough to have (and where are the feminists when you need them?). It is also a hypothesis for how she views herself, at least partially.

People who are doing sex with no feelings involved frequently have issues regarding respect, loyalty and not treating others like a piece of meat of their ephemeral desire. I don't give a fuck how many partners she had in her life but saying publicly "a lot" is irresponsible from her and contradictory with any family values she expressed. I suspect her of lying about that, I don't believe that she fucked her way around period.

Maybe she hasn't even slept around, but we don't know, the only person who knows the details of her sexual endeavours is her. If she wants to portray an image of someone who has had a lot of partners, so be it. I don't see it as irresponsible as it isn't for you and I, or any other member of the public to judge, although we (as in the public) seem to possess a sense of self righteousness and believe we do have the right to be judgemental. Like I said, it's her life, her choices. It doesn't mean she can't express familial values or beliefs at the same time. People of western culture tend to believe that human beings can't be contradictions, when in fact that's exactly what we are. I could go into a whole debate about the paradoxical nature of human nature but that's a different topic. But pray tell exactly what values she has expressed which stand in contrast to her having a lot of partners?

I don't think all people who participate in casual sex have issues with loyalty and respect. Yeah there's a hundred reasons people do it (and I said earlier, I don't know Lana's), but I explicitly stated that I wasn't referring to people who lead others on and treat 'others like a piece of meat of their ephemeral desire.' No strings sex between two consenting adults can be just that, no strings fun, as long as both parties are informed, that's all it is.

Life is awesome, I confess. What I do, I do best.

wat-meme.jpg

Stop judging other people. There is no way how to live a life "well". If she wants to fk the whole football team, she can and its none of your business to judge her. And yes sex can be done even if you are not in a love with a person.  Who the fk you are if you think otherwise ? 16 y o virgin tumblr pseudo-moralist ? I really love them. 

@@bloodredjam, I do find a lot of what you posted intriguing and thought-provoking, but I don't feel any differently towards Lana/Lizzy regarding the things she has stated this time around. 

A lot of people have sex just for fun, to try and feel something besides numbness, to assuage loneliness etc.  It doesn't mean they are using others or that they don't have good home lives.  As you said prior, these types of actions can arise from mental illness- or they cannot.  Doesn't really matter.  It's no reason to dislike Lana, unless you adhere to a strict morality.

I personally don't understand people who can do this, but I don't judge them.  I think they must be missing something and they're looking for it.  That's all.

I do enjoy armchair diagnosing people and, especially in the cases of celebrities, they make it too easy sometimes.  I dont find it disrespectful to do this as long as it's not judgment of their characters and instead genuine curiousity.

It really saddens me to see someone like bloodredjam feeling this way. I have enjoyed your passionate takedowns of haters on other forums etc. Well what did you expect, Lana's in showbusiness. And you know what; she's been crazy "since she was three" and I love her for that.

I hate how Lana's starting to talk and act more like a normal, responsible and mature human being, and you guys who were all for her wanting to kill herself and acting like a tantrum-prone three year old in all her interviews start criticising her for her perfectly normal and healthy sex life. Plus I' m pretty sure that whole "I slept with a lot of guys in the industry" was a joke.

Guys, she's just getting out of a 3 year relationship, if you seriously think what she's saying is abnormal then it's likely because she's still coming to terms with their breakup. It's kind of hilarious how you guys are suggesting Lana has sone sort of personality disorder... because you notice her behaving and talking irrationally.

:um:

Seriously guys. Just look at yourselves.

@@LiamViljoen I don't think she has a personality disorder solely because of that.  It's been widely discussed all over the internet,  It's a combination of factors. 

Besides, my or others' thinking so is not a vilification of her character in any way.  It's simply food for thought.  I don't understand why people get all up in arms when people think these things.  In the past, deciding a celebrity was gay was tantamount to character assassination!  It's kind of silly.

@@LiamViljoen I don't think she has a personality disorder solely because of that. It's been widely discussed all over the internet, It's a combination of factors.

Besides, my or others' thinking so is not a vilification of her character in any way. It's simply food for thought. I don't understand why people get all up in arms when people think these things. In the past, deciding a celebrity was gay was tantamount to character assassination! It's kind of silly.

Yes but there's a difference between deciding if you suspect someone is gay and suspecting someone to have a form of mental illness/personality disorder. I wasn't aiming my comment directly at you but rather people who in the past have defended Lana against these sort of accusations.

I know a lot of you like the RS interview but come on, the way she stormed out was kinda silly. She has said and done things in some recent interviews that are kinda hard to defend. Then again, as I said she is just coming out of a very serious relationship. My point is this is the most mature, level headed and normal Lana has been in quite awhile, what exactly in this interview could lead someone who defended Lana against her "I wish I was dead" controversy to suspect the woman has a personality disorder?

I respect everybody opinions and I don't want to create the impression that I force my opinions on anybody. But I think that some of you don't comprehend the gravity of what she said. It's everywhere in the world in every shithole where the Lana Del Rey name was never heard before and now she's portrayed like the biggest whore in the music industry. No one would want to associate with her anymore, you believe that Katty Perry or Taylor Swift will take a picture with her or want to sit next to her at the Grammys? This statement shades people that worked with her at her label who will feel uncomfortable and will have a negative attitude towards her (I don't think D. Auerbach or any of her male producers liked her comment). None of her idiotic prior statements were that damaging, maybe I'm overreacting but this could be a career killing stupidity

@@LiamViljoen I think you misunderstand though that, for a lot of people, making a statement that a celebrity might be gay is just as "bad" as saying they might have a personality disorder.

I mentioned that Lana's behavior in general reminds me of one of my friends and that is why I suspect what I do.  It doesn't have to do with this interview, the RS one, or any other isolated comments she has made.

TBH I defend her storming out during the RS interview because I feel like I can understand her mindset.  I'm not like her, but it's much easier to understand her if there are reasons for why she is the way she is.

Anyway, I just want to clarify that my thoughts do not stem from this article nor do I like Lana any less than I did before :)

No one would want to associate with her anymore, you believe that Katty Perry or Taylor Swift will take a picture with her or want to sit next to her at the Grammys?

:um:  I think you're exaggerating a little... It's not like she has a bad disease :usrs:

And she didn't say she fucked people that worked at her label, she said she has been with guys from the music industry and that could mean anything, from producers to musicians, like Barrie.

I think you're taking this a little too far, and I know that wasn't the brightest statement to make but people won't stop working with her or liking her just because she said it...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Good interview. I have no problem with Lana sleeping with who she wants to sleep with or who she slept with. I also believe she's exaggerating a little bit. I also love the Catholic school references and her nod to her Catholicism. Makes her seem like a normal person in all honesty in regards to growing up in the USA in a Catholic family.