Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

The status was about Halsey 1st of all which literally has nothing to do with you.... Is it your mission to protect Halsey or something... And I honestly don't think you know what ironic means...

you can't say "first of all" when you pose only one point in your statement.

No, I'm not out to protect princess Halsey from the big bad monsters that are the Internet and Lana Boards. But by definition, irony is "a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result." I just thought that your comments about Halsey mimicking Lana's style seemed ironic considering your own musical style rips every page out of Lana's playbook, too. I would expect the pot who "stole" the same exact imagery/Tumblr aesthetic lyricism/sound wouldn't call the kettle black. There's nothing wrong with being an artist that is clearly a product of a post-Lana Del Rey world, but don't try to discount artists that you share a market with.

Trash Magic's comment also gave me a laugh, given his crude history of going into threads and commenting "trash" or some other catty comment like a good little stan does. But once the comments change aim from established pop artists to homemade producers, suddenly identical comments made to both parties are unacceptable only towards the kid who makes music from his bedroom? If you're going to talk the talk, at least walk the walk alongside it.

MkWI4Ns.png

you can't say "first of all" when you pose only one point in your statement.

No, I'm not out to protect princess Halsey from the big bad monsters that are the Internet and Lana Boards. But by definition, irony is "a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result." I just thought that your comments about Halsey mimicking Lana's style seemed ironic considering your own musical style rips every page out of Lana's playbook, too. I would expect the pot who "stole" the same exact imagery/Tumblr aesthetic lyricism/sound wouldn't call the kettle black. There's nothing wrong with being an artist that is clearly a product of a post-Lana Del Rey world, but don't try to discount artists that you share a market with.

Trash Magic's comment also gave me a laugh, given his crude history of going into threads and commenting "trash" or some other catty comment like a good little stan does. But once the comments change aim from established pop artists to homemade producers, suddenly identical comments made to both parties are unacceptable only towards the kid who makes music from his bedroom? If you're going to talk the talk, at least walk the walk alongside it.

I'm only an occasional fan of Halsey, and while you are correct that my production style has been influenced by Lana, I do feel that my music does not "rip every page" out of some sort of playbook. I write lyrics from my heart, and many of my songs are deeply personal to me and for you to say that my artistry is somehow reductive because I am influenced by other artists is shitty seeing as how there is not 1 person who hasn't been influenced by another artist

I don't hate Halsey I actually like some of her songs, but I do like to laugh sometimes and yes I do occasionally get a chuckle from jokes about her, is that wrong? It's the internet grow some ovaries and get over it.

Lastly, I do think there is a difference between me and artists like Halsey because artists like Halsey have teams of people to help them. I have nobody but me, myself, and I. I work hard as hell and I do it all on my own, not with a team of producers or a big label to promote me so yes I do feel that I deserve a little more credit. It's hard out here when I have to take shit from random people on the Internet and have to endure tons of shit at home too. Think a little before you decide to go off on some random person on the Internet. It's shitty.

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I'm only an occasional fan of Halsey, and while you are correct that my production style has been influenced by Lana, I do feel that my music does not "rip every page" out of some sort of playbook. I write lyrics from my heart, and many of my songs are deeply personal to me and for you to say that my artistry is somehow reductive because I am influenced by other artists is shitty seeing as how there is not 1 person who hasn't been influenced by another artist

I don't hate Halsey I actually like some of her songs, but I do like to laugh sometimes and yes I do occasionally get a chuckle from jokes about her, is that wrong? It's the internet grow some ovaries and get over it.

Lastly, I do think there is a difference between me and artists like Halsey because artists like Halsey have teams of people to help them. I have nobody but me, myself, and I. I work hard as hell and I do it all on my own, not with a team of producers or a big label to promote me so yes I do feel that I deserve a little more credit. It's hard out here when I have to take shit from random people on the Internet and have to endure tons of shit at home too. Think a little before you decide to go off on some random person on the Internet. It's shitty.

Another applicable saying, then: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

You don't deserve more or less credit than any other artist. You convey yourself as a distinguished, struggling artist who writes everything from the heart and soul when you talk about your artistry, but carry yourself as just a "random person on the Internet" when it comes to dealing with criticism. Once you release something and expect people to watch it, you're no longer exempt from criticism. And considering your reaction, criticism isn't something that you seem to handle well.

MkWI4Ns.png

Another applicable saying, then: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

You don't deserve more or less credit than any other artist. You convey yourself as a distinguished, struggling artist who writes everything from the heart and soul when you talk about your artistry, but carry yourself as just a "random person on the Internet" when it comes to dealing with criticism. Once you release something and expect people to watch it, you're no longer exempt from criticism. And considering your reaction, criticism isn't something that you seem to handle well.

Ok cool thanks for your opinion

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

is that the official cover? I love the writing of Blue Neighbourhood

Yep. All of his celebrity/musician/YouTuber friends helped share pieces of an online puzzle that created the image.

MkWI4Ns.png

double post/bump for this:

Blue Neighbourhood, out Dec. 4.

10 songs on the standard, 16 on the deluxe

Some Wild songs appear on the standard, all of the Wild songs on the deluxe

MkWI4Ns.png

but What was the point of having an EP if he was going to follow it with an album so soon?

Idk, that's kind of the new trend. Alessia Cara just did it, too. Test the market and make a quick introduction to make sure a full album will pull in success. And in the case of Troye, his label knew that he had some selling power. So as long as plans hadn't leaked before the EP about a full length, the labels knew fans would buy the EP then feel obligated to buy the LP because they liked what they heard.

And in other terms: money

MkWI4Ns.png

I've decided I really like his music. Like, I've been a huge fan of "BITE" since it came out but all of the 7 songs out so far from Blue Neighbourhood are good.

I couldn't really get into his earlier stuff, the only standout for me was "Happy Little Pill" but "Talk Me Down" has completely stolen my heart. The new EP isn't bad at all, too. I'm definitely looking forward to the album! 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif