Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

Was literally just about to bump this thread... In a Dream is amazing oh wow.... STUD's production.... could cry just thinking about you :crai::rollin:this is eons better than (most of) bloom 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

I absolutely loved Blue Neighbourhood and (despite its shortcomings) Bloom, but considering the extremely positive reactions I've seen and read so far, I am incredibly excited for In A Dream. I'll be at work until after 10 pm, then it'll be around 11 pm when I'm home... How the hell am I going to make that last hour to midnight pass as quickly as possible? 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

His best project hands down. I may be a little biased because he and I seem to being going ~through it~ at the same time (the interlude hit a little to hard for me lmao), but this feels like another step up. The pre-chorus to STUD alone :defeated:Bloom was great, but I'm glad he's experimenting a little bit. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

3 hours ago, LittleSussy said:

Am I the only one who thinks that In a Dream sounds like Girl of the Year by Allie X?

No, the choruses have like the same melody

1 hour ago, Creyk said:

When are we getting 10/10?

Well the vinyls don't ship till October soo :rip: 

Wowza. Really feeling (and hearing) his heartbreak on this one. STUD is so uncomfortably familiar it made me feel dirty. Rager is probably my favourite on a first listen. He's our little darling of music in Aus so I expect there'll be some kind of radio play to look forward to. 

3lfQEhw.png

I want to rearrange the tracklist a bit so the first two singles aren't the first two songs (what a Lust For Life throwback!), but I'm not quite sure how since I really like Take Yourself Home as the opener, and In A Dream as the closing track. Maybe just put Easy between Stud and Rager Teenager? Hmm...

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I got my In A Dream CD today and it's such a beautifully put together package! Everything is housed in a thick slipcase, there's art cards for every individual song, then there's the actual booklet/fold-out poster, a sticker with his logo on it... And there's even a hidden track, it's a studio recording from when they wrote Easy. Really nice to see some thought being put in a CD release for a change, and not just "a cheap version of the vinyl".

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif