Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

i’m kinda obsessed with it. i’m not in love with the singing parts something about the line “city needs a mother” is so weird to me. i was listening and i was getting bored of him singing and then the lyrics on apple music stopped but the song had like two minutes left and i was like where is this going and the outro is sooooo cool. it’s kinda great cause if he was singing the whole song it would’ve been boring but it works cause it’s like half singing half outro.

This is incredible. Unsurprisingly, I love it lol. It's interesting that pretty much every aspect of the production seems to be prioritised over his vocals, but it works really well. The song is well-written, his voice is as beautiful as ever, THE PRODUCTION IS AMAZING, the bridge is great, and that outro caught me completely off-guard and left me bald. I really like how timeless this sounds, could it be that after My My My! wasn't the big hit he and the label were clearly expecting, he's done with the more mainstream/straightforward pop kind of sound?

Thinking about it, Troye is actually the only one of my "super favourites" that has never disappointed me so far. 

Anyway: I'M TIRED OF THIS CITY, STREAM IF YOU'RE WITH ME!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

This is incredible. Unsurprisingly, I love it lol. It's interesting that pretty much every aspect of the production seems to be prioritised over his vocals, but it works really well. The song is well-written, his voice is as beautiful as ever, THE PRODUCTION IS AMAZING, the bridge is great, and that outro caught me completely off-guard and left me bald. I really like how timeless this sounds, could it be that after Bloom My My My! wasn't the big hit he and the label were clearly expecting, he's done with the more mainstream/straightforward pop kind of sound?

Thinking about it, Troye is actually the only one of my "super favourites" that has never disappointed me so far. 

Anyway: I'M TIRED OF THIS CITY, STREAM IF YOU'RE WITH ME!

the sound of the song is really strange because it's like really mainstream (kinda his soundcloud rapper phase/take on that sound) but it also sounds a lot like TRXYE (at least to me) in some ways (like if he wanted to come back to his roots when he wanted to be an alt-boy) and at the same time this song was really influenced by his collab on 2099 like THAT outro, i just vibe a lot with this song, he really delivered and he never disappoints huh

giphy.gif

i hope he actually drops the album like sometime soon and not like a year from now (considering the bloom rollout) cuz this is hella good and i'm loving the aesthetic so far

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother