Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

***and artists who screw over all of their "friends"

haven't I talked to you before about how those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

MkWI4Ns.png

haven't I talked to you before about how those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

well I don't have any friends in the industry to screw over for my own success like ms Goulding so honestly I don't know what you are talking about, and btw my house isn't made of glass (even thought there are Windows) it's mostly just made out of like, house material...

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

well I don't have any friends in the industry to screw over for my own success like ms Goulding so honestly I don't know what you are talking about, and btw my house isn't made of glass (even thought there are Windows) it's mostly just made out of like, house material...

So what it's this industry you keep talking about?

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

So what it's this industry you keep talking about?

music industry, like higher profile artists, label heads, etc... I was referring to Ms. Goulding

Listen, we've derailed this thread once before I don't really intend on doing it again. Really, Ellie Goulding's personal life has nothing to do with the original topic at hand, but ending a friendship with Marina Diamandis or alledgedly writing a song about Ed Sheeran does not constitute "screwing someone over for her own success." So that has nothing to do, of course, with the point about gaining success by shady means, but I'm glad to see you put some real effort into avoiding the meaning of an idiom and grabbing onto some trivial point because your first attempt at dragging the girl in my avatar clearly backfired.

MkWI4Ns.png

Listen, we've derailed this thread once before I don't really intend on doing it again. Really, Ellie Goulding's personal life has nothing to do with the original topic at hand, but ending a friendship with Marina Diamandis or alledgedly writing a song about Ed Sheeran does not constitute "screwing someone over for her own success." So that has nothing to do, of course, with the point at hand about gaining success by shady means, but I'm glad to see you put some real effort into avoiding the meaning of an idiom and grabbing onto some trivial point because your first attempt at dragging the girl in my avatar clearly backfired.

thank you actually for not getting petty and actually supporting the artist you like with actual candor and true points, I did come in here with the intent to shade Ellie and you did take the "flamebait" but actually stayed really calm and I respect that, you win this round

I did come in here with the intent to shade Ellie and you did take the "flamebait" but actually stayed really calm and I respect that, you win this round

:oprah2:

you even admit you just try and annoy people so props i guess

what is lacking in your personal life and personal time that you just dedicate time to post in threads just to try and get reactions out of other people by being an annoying turd 

because boy, from the way you constantly present yourself, a lot is clearly lacking 

:uh:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

:oprah2:

you even admit you just try and annoy people so props i guess

what is lacking in your personal life and personal time that you just dedicate time to post in threads just to try and get reactions out of other people by being an annoying turd

because boy, from the way you constantly present yourself, a lot is clearly lacking

:uh:

I just admitted that this was an occurrence where I was wrong but I don't only post stuff to get reactions... So can you please just leave me alone on this thank you

OMG rilly? A music star that wants people to buy their music? call the press. Even tho he made youtube, he also released music through the years.

tumblr_nnaeozsCdQ1r8jjn6o1_500.gif

if you look at one of his newest videos, he talks about not singing for years in front of people and how the Fault in Our Stars song re-sparked his inner musician. I don't think he went into YouTube with the sole intent of manipulating people to buy his music, but even if he did, who cares? People do a lot of things with the intent of becoming popular... things like, gee, I don't know, The Voice? :creep:

I did watch that video. But that's literally after he mentioned starting making vids on YT for success then becoming shy until he did FIOS. And yikes, Melanie went into a televised competition but didn't even crack the top 5 (let alone winning) and she remains the most relevant person on that show besides the judges. She was a nobody before the show and didn't trick tweens into buying anything they put out. This isn't EllieBoards sis. And people have been saying she slept with producers for her "hits". Lana never once fucked a label head for success, because realistically, AKA was going nowhere and unless she was on her knees for Emile Haynie or Justin Parker but, I digress... :teehee:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

tumblr_nnaeozsCdQ1r8jjn6o1_500.gif

I did watch that video. But that's literally after he mentioned starting making vids on YT for success then becoming shy until he did FIOS. And yikes, Melanie went into a televised competition but didn't even crack the top 5 (let alone winning) and she remains the most relevant person on that show besides the judges. She was a nobody before the show and didn't trick tweens into buying anything they put out. This isn't EllieBoards sis. And people have been saying she slept with producers for her "hits". Lana never once fucked a label head for success, because realistically, AKA was going nowhere and unless she was on her knees for Emile Haynie or Justin Parker but, I digress... :teehee:

Troye, outside of some minor little roles as a child actor, was a nobody before YouTube, just as Melanie was a nobody before The Voice. Using their respective platforms, though, they both then had an alright fanbase to fall back on when it came time for them to release major label original material. And really, it's a smart and effective way to do it. But everyone has his or her own path to fame, and every artist has a thirst for it in some capacity. I just don't see the difference between Troye and any other artist in that aspect.

And did you not just see my past few posts? Ellie Goulding has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Don't come at her with some bullshit speculation pulled out of thin air when we're on a forum dedicated to a woman who has admitted to being in a relationship with a record executive and has a song literally titled "Fucked My Way Up To the Top."

MkWI4Ns.png

Says the one who said that a singer wanted to make people buy his music  :hooker:

You clearly can't read, but thanks.

DisneyNoCurr.gif

Troye, outside of some minor little roles as a child actor, was a nobody before YouTube, just as Melanie was a nobody before The Voice. Using their respective platforms, though, they both then had an alright fanbase to fall back on when it came time for them to release major label original material. And really, it's a smart and effective way to do it. But everyone has his or her own path to fame, and every artist has a thirst for it in some capacity. I just don't see the difference between Troye and any other artist in that aspect.

And did you not just see my past few posts? Ellie Goulding has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Don't come at her with some bullshit speculation pulled out of thin air when we're on a forum dedicated to a woman who has admitted to being in a relationship with a record executive and has a song literally titled "Fucked My Way Up To the Top."

I would only consider Troye a nobody before Youtube bc he was 10-12 years old, and even then he was a theatrical performer in XMen (a film that grossed $373mil despite his minor role) and Oliver. Even with a major record deal Melanie is selling M&G for a video budget and performs for 500 people per show. I wouldn't put her anywhere near as popular as Troye (who has 3.7 mil YT subs + every one of his vids has at least 140k views - 292mil total). And no I didn't read any of the posts between you+Jack, they're frankly annoying and basic.

My point is that although working on tv, Melanie still had to build her fanbase from the ground up to be 1/10th as successful as Troye lol. Not hating on him at all.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

You clearly can't read, but thanks.

DisneyNoCurr.gif

I would only consider Troye a nobody before Youtube bc he was 10-12 years old, and even then he was a theatrical performer in XMen (a film that grossed $373mil despite his minor role) and Oliver. Even with a major record deal Melanie is selling M&G for a video budget and performs for 500 people per show. I wouldn't put her anywhere near as popular as Troye (who has 3.7 mil YT subs + every one of his vids has at least 140k views - 292mil total). And no I didn't read any of the posts between you+Jack, they're frankly annoying and basic.

My point is that although working on tv, Melanie still had to build her fanbase from the ground up to be 1/10th as successful as Troye lol. Not hating on him at all.

No, Melanie isn't as popular, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. But my point is that the drive for fame is ubiquitous among musicians and public figures, so it doesn't matter how Troye gained a following. I'm not saying Troye didn't make his YouTube channel for success, but that still wouldn't make him different than any other artist or make him an illegitimate success story.

"They're annoying and basic" is wonderful dismissal for simply not paying attention, by the way. Can't be surprised considering the source though.

-

And in Troye news, he made a really solid TV debut with Youth last night. It won't embed for some reason, but: youtube.com/watch?v=MLKkwQM7uEY

MkWI4Ns.png

Why is it that basically all the good songs on the album are written with Allie X? :sideeye:

tea.

I think his performance was rather weak bc his mic was lower than the drums. And another song would've been better.  :rip:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

tea.

I think his performance was rather weak bc his mic was lower than the drums. And another song would've been better.  :rip:

yeah what a great idea he shouldn't have sung the lead single on his US TV debut

FzytWEW.png