Heaux

18 Rolling Stone interview questions that didnt make it into the cover story: So Legit and age change mentioned

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-after-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-20140724#ixzz38OV2KTi7

She never met Lady Gaga, although they were part of the same downtown scene.
"Her manager, Bob Leone, was a confidante of mine, and he gave me a two-month scholarship to a songwriting class and put me on a list of Monday night lineups at the Cutting Room. We played a couple of shows together, but never met."

As for the early leaked Del Rey song "So Legit," which comes off as a direct attack on Gaga ("Stefani, you suck")? "That was a misunderstanding," she says. Or maybe it was just not supposed to be heard by anyone? She just laughs.

Del Rey just turned 29 – not 28, as it's usually reported – but she denies responsibility for shaving off a year.  
"People have said different ages," she says with impressive vagueness.

I'm surprised they passed on the chance to write "Lana Del Rey talks about her Lady Gaga diss track and lying about her age" that wouldve sold copies for sure. Maybe her team asked them to omit those questions tho i guess

nnnnn at Juliette Lewis claiming she didn't know it was Lana on SNL when they're supposedly best friends

It's not that they knew each other well. They had met before (seems like it was the Mando Diao concert in 2010? but I'm not sure I'm remembering it right) and they had been friendly.

EDIT: Yeah, that's the one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Above_and_Beyond_%E2%80%93_MTV_Unplugged

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Del Rey just turned 29 – not 28, as it's usually reported – but she denies responsibility for shaving off a year.

Ha. "People". That is impressive vagueness. But I don't really care. I'm just glad she's finally acknowledging it. But this makes me suspect Brian Hiatt's been reading our forum even more. "Shaving off". I've used that phrase to describe this at least once.

She never met Lady Gaga, although they were part of the same downtown scene.

"Her manager, Bob Leone, was a confidante of mine, and he gave me a two-month scholarship to a songwriting class and put me on a list of Monday night lineups at the Cutting Room. We played a couple of shows together, but never met."

I think she's probably conflating a couple things here. Both Gaga and Lana played consecutive new writer showcases at the Cutting Room put on by the Songwriter's Hall of Fame (SHOF) which Bob Leone worked for as Projects Director. The Monday night lineups she's referring to were probably Monday night open mics at Makor that were also put on by the SHOF. You can see more about those gigs in the "Early Shows" section.

Regarding Axl Rose:

three-and-a-half hours every night, you know? He doesn't get tired. It's amazing. Stamina.

:brows: :grinds:

She's baffled by some of the early reaction to her breakthrough song, "Video Games."

"I didn't understand how that arose any kind of feminist commentary, because all I was saying was, 'I'm so happy when you get home, and heaven is a place on earth with you. I've never been happier.' I didn't understand any reason why that sounded submissive, to me. In fact, I actually thought that at such a young age, I was blessed to find someone who made me so happy. And I just didn't understand why true love shouldn't be the end-all, be-all. I have everything else, you know?

Wow. It's truly fascinating that one of the most subtly written portrayals of a problematic relationship in modern pop music may be accidental, the writer not self-conscious of it.

Only one line in her lyrics has gotten a major reaction from her parents.

Perhaps not surprisingly, it's when she sang "My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola. "My Dad thought 'Cola' was funny," she says. "My mom didn't think it was that funny."

Paging @@FormerLanaFan.

The line came from something her Scottish ex-boyfriend said: "He was talking about American girls, his vision of American girls was that all their pussies tasted like Pepsi-Cola, and that they were such a dream. I thought that was the funniest fucking thing I'd ever heard. And I thought, 'Well …'"

I would love a Buzzfeed-style "Cunt-ries of the World" map of what Barrie imagines each nation's delicacies taste like.

:barrie:

She sheds more light on her relationship with a record label exec:

She had long on-and-off relationship with a record-business exec, but he never signed her.

They met in her early twenties, while she was shopping her first, independent album to major labels. "He wasn't married," she explains. "It was a love affair. But, I mean, I saw him off and on for seven years, and I'm still close with him.

It's almost like she wants us to figure it out. :creepna:

She's really into the singer-songwriter Father John Misty.

"Other than Cat Power, he's my greatest modern day inspiration. I just love him so much."

Who knew dry-humping jokes were the way to a woman's heart? (Skip to 3:46.)

She likes the idea of Kanye West playing her wedding someday in exchange for playing his.

"That'd be amazing," she says. "I should've put that in a contract."

Yo, Franco, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish... but Barrie-James was one of the best boyfriends of all time. One of the best of all time!

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

These fuckers in the comment section though.... :judgingu:

no talent bore

Lana del Rey is the symbol of my generation. Nothing useful to say, only talks about herself, has no talent, one facial expression, and a put-on fake personality complete with fake name.

Oh my what a bore, a pretentious, crashing bore !

Leave my baby alone :icant:

They spend all day trashing a woman they've never met to prove they're smart and they call her a bore?

Also Some others critisised her for only wanting to talk about herself. What a pathetic attempt at hate. I mean at least the others put some effort into their hate, it's an interview you dumbass she's answering the journalists questions.

I swear to God sometimes we're the only sane people left on earth.

'People have said different ages'

WTF JUST ADMIT UR LYIN

That would be a stupid move, imagine all the gossip site headlines..

Tbh i think she shouldnt have said anything, being younger is always a good thing when your in the music industry

my favourite comment is "Me me me, she tries to sound so deep and creative but comes across self involved and boring"

IT'S A FUCKING INTERVIEW OF COURSE SHE'S GONNA TALK ABOUT HERSELF IDIOT

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Del Rey just turned 29 – not 28, as it's usually reported – but she denies responsibility for shaving off a year.

'People have said different ages'

WTF JUST ADMIT UR LYIN

Ha. "People". That is impressive vagueness. But I don't really care. I'm just glad she's finally acknowledging it.

But for the record:

So, you’re 25? That's what's mostly out there.

Yeah, I'm 25.

When do you turn 26?

June 21st.

source

You're born in 1986--

Uh-huh. [Nods.]

--just like me.

Oh, really? [Laughs.]

You're 25 now?

Mm-hmmm. [Nods slightly.]

part 1 part 2

"People". :usrs:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.