The Lucky Ones

Kesha

I’m sad that Kesha isn’t coming to AZ but I’m honestly super relieved because I don’t have money to spend on anymore concerts. Jake was such a slay opener choice, he’s just an amazing person and puts on a fantastic show x

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 minutes ago, cj1995 said:

I know it probably won't happen but a deluxe would be delicious. :nono:

She answered a question about a deluxe in an IG live but all she mentioned was the website exclusive green LP 😭

I bought it anyway but I'm Lowkey hoping it has a bonus tracks or something 😭

On 6/4/2023 at 6:49 PM, The Siren said:

She answered a question about a deluxe in an IG live but all she mentioned was the website exclusive green LP 😭

Let us know if it does! That would be so cool and sneaky of her if she did that lol 

tumblr_lqljl9sXae1qdm9llo1_r2_500.gif

On 6/4/2023 at 6:49 PM, The Siren said:

Can you elaborate about this? Did someone “is there a deluxe?” And her response was “I’m selling limited green vinyls on my store! Next question!” ????

13 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

Can you elaborate about this? Did someone “is there a deluxe?” And her response was “I’m selling limited green vinyls on my store! Next question!” ????

I guess my only complaint about the album is it's too short for me! Everytime I sit and listen to the album beginning to end, I still want more. I'm so curious about The Grey. 

tumblr_lqljl9sXae1qdm9llo1_r2_500.gif

3 hours ago, cj1995 said:

I guess my only complaint about the album is it's too short for me! Everytime I sit and listen to the album beginning to end, I still want more. I'm so curious about The Grey. 

It really should have been at least 45 minutes long :defeated:

Just now, The Siren said:

we already have the uncensored version on Cannibal???

officially released. i even checked lmfao

um i dont think so... the part where she said "shittalk" they muted the Sh*t

and also, the Sleazy version where she said "the beat so fat gonna make me c^m all over your face" isn't released tho

On 6/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, The Siren said:

It really should have been at least 45 minutes long :defeated:

let's just pray that "The Grey" is an exclusive bonus track in Japan or something like she always does. I hate this short-music era created by tiktok

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

21 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

um i dont think so... the part where she said "shittalk" they muted the Sh*t

and also, the Sleazy version where she said "the beat so fat gonna make me c^m all over your face" isn't released tho

let's just pray that "The Grey" is an exclusive bonus track in Japan or something like she always does. I hate this short-music era created by tiktok

nope. i listened to the file i have ripped form deezer and its not censored.

and yes i know about the unreleased sleazy version

ive looked on Amazon Japan, YesAsia and CDJapan, the only Gag Order listing i see is an "import" version from Germany

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

New super insightful interview with NYLON!

On her fans:

Hide contents
Three years is a long time to direct your energy into one thing. How are you feeling with how your fans have been embracing these songs?

I’m so indescribably grateful to my fans every day. Of course, I try to interact with them on social media as much as possible, but just the support — I feel like I have this family and allyship and little army that really understands and sees me for who I am. I think, in life, one of the things we crave and need is to be seen and heard.

Do you go online and read about your record?

Honestly, I haven't done it in 10 years. Pre-TikTok, I found social media super overwhelming and I always loved the connection it brought, but it also brought this unfiltered amount of hatred and animosity. I feel like it's a place where people can say whatever they want, to whomever they want, with reckless abandon. Weeding through that came really hard to me so I had to remove myself entirely from it about 10 years ago, but it's been really fun to go on and connect with my fans.

I have a song called “Hate Me Harder,” and that is a love song to my haters because I'm like, b*tch, that's all you got? I do go online and read stuff and I'm questioning whether or not that's necessarily the healthiest thing to do, but if I don’t go and look, then I don’t get to see all my fans making all these videos and re-creating photo shoots and doing dances. I don't want to miss that.

On Hate Me Harder:

Hide contents

Since you brought up “Hate Me Harder,” I would love to talk about it. I love that you called it a love song to your haters, because that's such a nice way to put it. Was there a specific incident that prompted you to write it?

I’ve been doing music since I was able to talk and I've been putting it out publicly since 2008. So you can imagine I’ve read lots of gnarly, heartbreaking, mean things about myself. It used to become my higher power in a way where I would take one person’s comment as God’s truth about who I am, and I’m so happy to finally be in a place where I can sit back and laugh and not earn my self-worth from external validation, and I just, I f*cking love that song.

That was one of the first songs I wrote when I really seriously started making this album and I went to [songwriter] Justin Tranter and he hosted a tiny little writing camp and we all were sitting in the basement of his house. I was sitting on the floor and I was like, “I just have one part but it goes, hate me harder,” and then everybody in the room starts singing it together. So it's eight people in a room screaming, “Hate me harder.” It just felt so powerful and I thought about how playing that on tour would feel and how that would translate to each and every person, especially the community that is so important to me, the queer community, the LGBTQ+. I just thought of how many people could benefit from taking the pain we've endured from other people's mouths and turning it into power.

On High Road:

Hide contents

Earlier you talked about the importance of being seen. When NYLON published your manifesto, you wrote in your essay that after you released your last album, you were feeling a bit lost. There was a line, like: “If an artist creates a piece that no one knows exist, are they still an artist?” What was missing from the aftermath of High Road that made you feel this way?

As much as I love High Road, I feel like a portion of that album was me trying to manifest happiness in a period in my life that has been obviously publicly very difficult, not going to deny that. So a lot of High Road was me taking the celebratory side of myself back. But what I realized after I put it out, which was very closely followed by this collective trauma we all endured, I didn't get to see the project into its full completion. When I am making an album, I feel like the music is the foundation of the house, and I built this foundation that I was excited to bring to completion. I never got to do that, which was heartbreaking for me, and as I'm saying this, I'm fully aware that was the least of any of our problems in this period of time, but it just felt really sad to me to not get to share it with my fans.

I also realized in the three years since I put that out, that there were a lot of emotions that I wanted to pretend weren't there to create this world of escapism that I'm so well known for. I love escapism, we all need it. [But] to feel like I was being truly authentic and putting my authentic self out there as an artist, I had to go back and address a lot of these emotions that I just wanted to skip over and pretend didn't exist in hopes that they would disappear. I had to go through doing this exorcism of pain and grief and anger, and that's what eventually led to the strength and hopefulness of the last couple songs on the album.

On unreleased song The Reckoning:

Hide contents

What do you feel like was the biggest false narrative that you were trying to dispel or break free from?

I think that in life, we're all just a culmination of our experiences. We all have a world we've built through what we've experienced in our lives, and that becomes our truth, that becomes our worldview. When I was forced to be still, I even wrote a song called “The Reckoning” because I feel like I came to a reckoning with myself. In this stillness, I had this psychedelic experience, which I've talked about a little before in other interviews, but I was sitting at my house and having so much anxiety and really questioning my worth in the world and my place and what I do and why I do it, and I felt like I had this really transformative, almost transcendent experience where I felt my mind scatter and open up to the idea of there being something greater than me and feeling held by the universe in a way where I didn't feel like I had to control everything anymore.

On The Drama:

Hide contents
That brings me to “The Drama,” which, for me, is kind of a standout song on the album. It's such a great example of the sonic boundaries you're pushing on this record. How did that song come about and what did it mean for you to write it?

“The Drama” is such an interesting song to me because it started as a ballad and then it became what it is, which I don't even know what to call it. I'm calling the album “post-pop.” And I feel like that song is this crescendo of madness that, to me, was a reflection of the world we live in, and sometimes when I'm on TikTok or Instagram and there's so many sounds you're scrolling through and it can go from happy to sad, and there's so many things coming at you from all angles, so much information. I wanted to make a song that kind of encapsulated the media, the perpetual media bombardment on our senses into a song. So I think of “The Drama” as the sound of TikTok.

The ending of just being about wanting to be a cat, I feel like fits in so well.

Well, in the end, it comes to this place of interpolating the Ramones’ “I Wanna Be Sedated” and I took that song because I always vacuum to the Ramones and I scream Ramones songs while I’m vacuuming in my house. So I wanted to take that, slow it down, and then add the house cat song, which I wrote with Kurt Vile, and mix them together. It really sounded like this desperation for just wanting peace in your mind, but also the very human nature of being addicted to drama.

I think we as a society, if you just look at our consumption of media, we click on things that are salacious and we are, for whatever reason, we are drawn to drama, to bad news, and I really wanted to write a song about the human nature of that because it's funny. Being a person, we want peace and we want happiness, but the drama is what we are all, I think, addicted to.

On her future career:

Hide contents

You're decades into your career and you've had huge hits and big moments in pop culture, and I think a lot of your fans (and non-fans) would agree that you really left a legacy on pop music. At this point, what more do you want from your career and making music moving forward?

I feel like the albums are chapters in the book of my life. So I think I'll always be making music, whether it's privately or publicly or just in my head. It's always there because it's my coping mechanism for life, but the first thing I hope is that people listen to my music and find that they're not alone, and that's especially why I wanted to put some songs out there that were not as overwhelmingly positive. There is no light without dark, there's no dark without light.

I think it's important to show the balance of what my humanity is. I also just want to continue creating a safe space for people to feel like they can be the most authentic version of themself with me and they feel safe. To me, the most important thing in my entire career is helping others to feel seen and helping others to feel safe. So I'm hoping to branch out into some philanthropic things. I'm in the works of opening a drag bar in Nashville, and I just want to continue making people feel seen and people feel safe.

https://www.nylon.com/entertainment/kesha-gag-order-album-eat-the-acid-the-drama

Takeaways:

• She loves us :weeps:.
  • It's really striking that she said she withdrew from social media 10 years ago which falls right in line what many of us said with respect to the lawsuit taking a toll on her social media presence.
  • Her elaborating on High Road's backstory is sooo interesting because I feel like it really sheds a new light on the whole album. Many people found High Road's overall direction regressive/inauthentic to a degree, but Kesha says her intention was "me trying to manifest happiness in a period of my life that has obviously been publicly very difficult", so there was clearly a very genuine element to what might come across as insincere. This really echoes what I said with respect to Rainbow some pages ago.
  • We need The Reckoning :jonny:.
  • Her explaining the background of The Drama is so interesting because "the sound of TikTok" definitely wasn't my first association with that song.
  • "Branching out into some philanthropic things" is honestly exactly what I expected from her.