Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

do you guys think she had a different idea for the video? because the 'Vice is running shit' thing got me thinking that maybe she had a different video planned, but vice took over and ideas changed...

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

do you guys think she had a different idea for the video? because the 'Vice is running shit' thing got me thinking that maybe she had a different video planned, but vice took over and ideas changed...

The video was directed by her and it looks like she was 100% in charge.

only lana would cancel a big budget video and opt out for this trash instead. :toofunny:

VyIsfwC.jpg

The video was directed by her and it looks like she was 100% in charge.

only lana would cancel a big budget video and opt out for this trash instead. :toofunny:

god she is so DUMB....like Lana girl, I love you and all but you're so fucking stupid

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Vice now running shit. Starting w Ultraviolence

hmm more 0 budget videos are coming.  :lmao: 

I could arrange myself with the West Coast video and I was surprised how much I loved the Shades Of Cool video but the new one..  :whatever:

I've really tried to find some great aspects in that music video but tbh I have a hard time doing so.

It's only Lana in a wedding dress, putting on an ugly veil, picking up some flowers that she randomly finds on the ground, eating an orange in a disgusting way, sucking fingers and kneeling down in front of an altar.

If she looked stunningly beautiful I could live with it but her face and especially her lips look so weird and awkward.

Anyways, I tried to figure out a storyline (even though there is no plot at all probably):

Imo the Ultraviolence video is a music video that is about a homemade video. Lana and that man who is filming her with his iPhone are a couple and he is the boss in their relationship. Maybe they feel too young for marriage or they want to capture their wedding in a special way, perhaps what we see is their real wedding actually, like they run away from home and only have each other and that's why there are no family or friends. So after they have found a nice location, he starts filming the preparations and the walk to the altar. They are totally attracted to each other but I wouldn't talk about unconditional love, he wants to capture her beautiful face and she sucks his fingers in order to show her desire for him. In the end it seems like he sits down next to her as her groom. Maybe she doesn't know that these flowers are normally used for funerals and thinking of her man as a difficult, ultraviolent man I assume that he has many other women and plans to leave her, this means that the flowers are a death symbol of their relationship.

very speculative though.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I thought maybe she was trying to make a video to illustrate the idea that nobody gets her (and/or can predict her) not even her fans, but upon scratching my head further (on a nearby rock), I decided this would be a self-defeating observation.

The thoughts "nothing ventured nothing gained" also occurred, which means it will be interesting to see what the viewcounts look like in a years time. She's done minimal stuff before as in the Bel Air colored smoke video (inspiring Lorde's Tennis Court video? that has 44 million views). Whatever... she looks really nice and I still like the song.

I interpreted as a woman who never got the chance to marry the man she loved because he had passed away (funeral flowers). I believe the video was a dream sequence (hence the filter) and you can hear the man at the end saying he is always with her.

Strangely i kinda like it. I found the WC video boring, but this is nice. Simple and beautiful. Nothing extraordinary. But her look when she sing "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" is so provocative. I mean...this is brave. Girl wants to create controversary. And i love the horrorfilm-look. It has some tension in it it I think.

It's a very subtle video.

However the orange part was just weird to watch. And yes, she definitly runs out of ideas. Maybe next time she makes something more appealing. But at least she has fun  :D