Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

Her diversity in video style is pretty large (not unlike her songs,when you include unreleased). She has splurged on past videos, like Tropico which is a (numeric) failure, but only in comparison to her more epic successes, which obviously had good budgets too. It really is an assumption that she had any money at all to do anything, and if she didn't have any money, what she did really wasn't that bad. If it's a faint for something better later on (I'm still hopeful about that), I don't think she'd divulge anything (I mean why would she, when all she's gonna get are endless "is it finished yet?" questions). So what other videos did she mention might be produced?

Also you got to love the way she's jacked Lorde's "anti-popstar" position (i.e., produced by iPhone, she brags), while remaining true to her dark sense of humor and kinky weirdness. The media soundbites on the video are also taking it seriously (they just describe the premise of the video, and usually fairly well, e.g. Rollingstone's). They are curiously non-opinionated (aka haven't slammed it yet). So what gives? Anybody hear any highly negative review from a music industry pundit about this?

Hm, now I can say only: Lana, will you marry me ?! Just send me a message.

Thanks!

There's something I had never told you I'm not really from this world...

It's a pretty average video. It's boring, but pretty. It definitely did have a lot of potential - I keep imagining Lana walking into the church in the video like she walked out of those doors near the end of the BTD vid and  :deadbanana: so much potential!

after thinking about it, it definitely seems like more of a 'background' video, or almost like a dream, that's why it's really scarce and there's barely any 'movement' in the vid, because you barely remember what you dream about.. maybe she dreamt about this and decided to make it into a video for uv idk. Hopefully she says more on the video.

I don't hate the video, but I don't love it either. I really like the WC and SoC videos as well. idk maybe she's just fucking with us

Blue Jeans didn't had too much going on, but it was atmospheric and still somehow told us a story.

I don't hate this new video, but you can just see that there was 0 effort put into it and the scenes y'sll are trying to interpret seem very random to me. There is not really any passion behind it, that's what's bothering me. And however she will explain and make excuses for this in interwievs, the video will stay boring. Not because it was filmed on a phone or because it has no plot but because it was filmed without any motivation.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

At least we know that the next video we get ( probably PWYC) will be better :)

That's something

Half of the vidoe is her, walking through a garden and singing. Then, suddenly, an old man with a walking stick appears and screams "WHAT ARE YOU HIPPIES DOIN IN MAH GARDEN?" and Lana and the guy holding the Iphone start to run panicky, while the song still plays. In the end of the video, the phoneguy runs behind Lana and suddenly stumbles. The camera turns black. The last scene is Lana in the dark, holding the phonecamera close to her face and crying.

blair-witch-project-heather-donahuejpg-c

Looking foreward to this!

What happened to this:

Behind the scenes of the Ultraviolence music video shoot!

Bp4AYQjIQAAk8YF.jpg

I have a feeling the video was scraped just like those SCENES that were deleted from WEST COAST video.

What happened to this:

I have a feeling the video was scraped just like those SCENES that were deleted from WEST COAST video.

Who even said that this is from the UV video? Could be from SoC or for PWYC