teethclick

Book Thread!

I have like 80 pages left of this, but I'm so blown away by this very unusual autobiography. This might be the most challenging book I've read thus far. The amount of secondary literature I had to look up in order to even get the point of two sentences addressing whatever biblical thesis or archetypical causality. It's sort of intimidating in a way, but so enriching... I think I've learned more from this book than I did in three school years. I did laugh plenty of times and was shaken to the core at other times. It's quite an emotional journey, really.

piecebypiece.jpg

I'm currently reading 'Ashes' by Ilsa J. Black, 'Half-Bad' by Sally Green, 'The Return: Shadow Souls' by L. J. Smith and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (for the billionth time!).

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Finally finished Lolita (what a fucked up book! I got confused I didn't get why ended up killing the dentist  :toofunny: ) I bet Lana didn't even read it  :teehee:

Has anyone read Divergent trilogy?

I've read the first book! I liked the movie better tbh, but i need to buy the second one.

I'm reading the Picture of Dorian Gray! It's really disturbing lol

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

I'm reading the Picture of Dorian Gray! It's really disturbing lol

Oh, I love it so much! Oscar Wilde was brilliant, and Dorian Gray is a beautiful novel. One of my favourites <3

i am nothing and should be everything

I've been reading a lot in the past week. These are the books I read:
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Boundless by Cynthia Hand
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
The Time Keeprer by Mitch Albom
The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burbo

I don't have a particular genre preference when I read.

Nothing scares me anymore.

I've been reading The Old Man and The Sea by Hemingway for my American Lit class, it's a short read but it's extremely slow. 

I really want to read Lolita but I can never find it when I go looking.  :icant:

Other than that I finished a few Ellen Hopkins books (Tilt, Burned, Smoke, Perfect), which are amazing. 

tumblr_inline_n72ktprYsx1sehw87.png

I read about half of Digital Fortress but that was years ago and it didn't really interest me. I really want to read it now though, but I have some books to read before I can go on with that. :agree:

Can you believe it took me a full year and a half to finally grab my hands on it and finish it? I LOVED the book. Almost as nearly as much as The Lost Symbol. Started reading Inferno instantly after I was done and I'm almost done reading it as well! I only have like hundred pages left, but so far I'm not disappointed. Can't wait for the movie to come out next year! I was unsure the other Dan Brown books would exceed my expectations after I finished the first one, but now I've come to realize I really enjoy every single chapter of them all. I love reading during the summer, it's so refreshing (and I'm usually the series/gaming/computer nerd kinda guy, ha).

EQFO7rX.png

I finished the Picture of Dorian Grey today! Beautiful and very good! Before that I read Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, which I highly reccomend to yall.

I feel like such a Lana-James Franco shipper when I say this but I am about to start reading his Palo Alto novel  :toofunny: 
Just for the record, I meant to read that book long before they started hanging out lel this is all some crazy coincidence and I do not sound convincing at all

So after like, 10 years of not reading I've decided to start again, what books would y'all suggest?

I've been thinking about trying Lolita (b/c Lana loves it so much obvs) and The Hunger Games, any other suggestions?

can someone please DM me a .pdf of Lolita if one exists, please? I don't exactly wanna search for it myself in case I run into some nasty shit, with the internet being what it is.  :biblio:

b19Ibls.png i'll pray for you kathi- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. god bless 

Hello, 

I'm going on holiday so I'm looking for some books to read, but I want them to be of a certain mood and storyline. I hardly read so I really wouldn't know what to google properly for this, and since the themes match some of Lana's music I thought some of you might have some good suggestions.

Firstly I'm buying Lolita to read, I can't wait (I actually made a thread about that already)

I'm coming to LA! Wooo - Anyone out there give me some advice? What to do, what to wear, where to find hot boys haha

For the books though I'd like to read stories that remind me and are similar to the themes Lana uses in her music, such as bad boys etc, summer, Los Angeles, The other woman. All that stuff she has in her music constantly.

Also I'm dating a guy, which I'll put in spoilers, I'd like to read any books that I can relate too, if theres any you guys can think of.

I'm sort of dating this guy at the moment and I'm really into him and he is very much into me I believe. He is a lot older, like theres about a 20 year difference, but that doesn't bother me. He has an ex though, they live together but they're not together anymore (I believe this to be the truth) anyway, he has commitment issues I think and basically only shows up to see me on his time and never gets in touch to arrange a time to meet, its always last minute sort of thing and secretive. We spend hours in his van, just kissing and talking and its great.

Not looking for relationship advice by the way haha, I'd just like to read something to relate too. Lana's music is great to listen to as the lyrics have so much depth when it comes to relationships that you can almost relate most of it too your own life.

Thanks 

qsVmBMd.png