teethclick

Book Thread!

Divergent, but because it's for English class. I actually really like the book now.

it's not the best series ever but i totally enjoyed it!

I'm now reading "Targeted" by Kendra Elliot.

if anyone likes a good crime novel this series is the best:

vanished200x300.pngbridged200x300.pngspiraled200x300.pngtargeted200x300.jpg

~INSTA1.gif

i havent read in forever  :rip: so i literally just made a list of all the books on this thread to read later 

but i plan on getting back into it (i used to love it as a kid, but i think required reading for school kind of put me off, since it made reading feel like an assignment :/   ) & im starting with the doors of perception by aldous huxley and the psychedelic experience by timothy leary (find a theme??? lmao) im very excited to get back into reading tho!! so im glad i saw this thread

UbsOye5.png

41ZxY7p08vL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It was the only book available at the time I could read, it was horrific. Although it was for younger readers, the writing felt like a second grader wrote it. It had a predictable story with rather blaspheme details.

Plz don't hate on this book xoxo

Wait now I realize that the story does kinda suck. But I enjoyed it in middle school.

Plz don't hate on this book xoxo

Wait now I realize that the story does kinda suck. But I enjoyed it in middle school.

Yes. The writing and story are very, very weak. Although he is good at appealing younger minds. Then again, it's a children's book.

i havent read in forever  :rip: so i literally just made a list of all the books on this thread to read later 

but i plan on getting back into it (i used to love it as a kid, but i think required reading for school kind of put me off, since it made reading feel like an assignment :/   ) & im starting with the doors of perception by aldous huxley and the psychedelic experience by timothy leary (find a theme??? lmao) im very excited to get back into reading tho!! so im glad i saw this thread

oh man! i hope you fall in love with reading <3

~INSTA1.gif

I'm currently reading a memoir of a self harm survivor and she talks about her battle with not only self harm but also with her own mental illness. It's REALLY good and if you like memoirs this is def one to read.

it's called "Bloodletting" by Victoria Leatham

8e1710ec1a28cc8d41296a92ccec259d.jpg

and I just finished this series and i HIGHLY recommend if you like crime series.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_04_at_9_15_51_AM.png

~INSTA1.gif

360DAC5500000578-3679672-THE_GIRLS_by_Em

kinda the 'it book' of the summer, i know, but i liked it quite a lot. for those who haven't heard about it, it's about a teen girl in the 60s who joins a Manson-like cult, and the book mostly revolves around the circumstances that made it happen, life through a teenage girl's eyes & her relationship with other girls/women. what i liked the most about it was that men are refreshingly very secondary to the story, including the cult leader, and most of the book is actually about her fascination/crush on the cult's most charismatic girl, Suzanne. now i'm obsessed with who could possibly play Suzanne in a film adaptation, lol.

and on a curious side note, the cover is a Neil Krug photo.

I read "everything everything" omg it was soo good anyone read it?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The autobiography of a wrongfully convicted mother of four and a victim of corruption!  :oprah3:

murhalesken-muistelmat-389x572.jpg

sounds juicy! *puts on wish list* nevermind it won't come up

i send you a request! glad you're a fellow goodreads member!

360DAC5500000578-3679672-THE_GIRLS_by_Em

kinda the 'it book' of the summer, i know, but i liked it quite a lot. for those who haven't heard about it, it's about a teen girl in the 60s who joins a Manson-like cult, and the book mostly revolves around the circumstances that made it happen, life through a teenage girl's eyes & her relationship with other girls/women. what i liked the most about it was that men are refreshingly very secondary to the story, including the cult leader, and most of the book is actually about her fascination/crush on the cult's most charismatic girl, Suzanne. now i'm obsessed with who could possibly play Suzanne in a film adaptation, lol.

and on a curious side note, the cover is a Neil Krug photo.

i actually haven't heard of this book before but sounds super interesting so i'm gonna put it on my wish list.

I'm currently reading:

20965243.jpg

basically part one of a memoir of a victim of child abuse. I only made it 10 pages in last night before i had to go to bed (i finished the other memoir i was reading so it was almost midnight by the time i decided to start this one)

~INSTA1.gif

Hum, I was reading this book called Six Years by Harlan Coben, but I don't know if it counts because I still don't finished and It's already 2 years I think  :eek: . But the last book I read officially was, I think (can't remember), or Vanish by Tess Gerritsen (It didn't got me that much because I was forcing a little, but I know it's great! Really reccomend) or was an autobiography of a band. But the last one (maybe the only) that completely got me was Beautiful Disaster, like I remember that I read this book for 2 or 3 days and even didn't sleep just to keep reading. I really wasn't expecting turn that way and when I finished, I just felt so empty. I even remembered how anxious I was when I had get out of my house. I don't know why, but it just felt like I've lost contact with reality after this book  :judgingu3: and now I can't read another, it just don't hold me anymore. I don't doubt that Six Years is good, but it didn't got me. I probably gonna try to finish someday tho... 

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

i am currently reading: "ferdydurke" by witold gombrowicz (for school but I really enjoy that)

and emil cioran's "notebooks"
i am addicted to reading, unfortunately i don't have much time for reading during school time... i have read around 60 books last holiday... :toofunny:

nsaalk.jpg