Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

LB Karaoke Contest S3: Round 1 - "Put Your Favourite Record On!"

Contestant #6: Your Band Is All The Rage

I feel like in some parts of the song you were trying to sound like Lana, which made it sound like you were straining to hit some of the notes. You should try to sing more like yourself than the artist you're covering. You weren't bad, but it didn't feel 'organic' to your voice.. Work on finding your voice notes work best for your vocal range. Good job :)

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Contestant # 6 - Your Band Is All the Rage

http://picosong.com/cVjy/

Okay, now...Let me first say that I think it's nice that you participated and all and I know you obviously did it for the fun of being part of this...but you're not a good singer. You hit some really nice notes here and there but overall it's just not good.

What are you talking about that's my fav so far?!?!

behind "Take the Box" of course :troll:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I'm kinda confused...you guys are the only ones whose opinion matters on the songs? There's no voting poll?

I think they will put it up after all entries are posted

I'm kinda confused...you guys are the only ones whose opinion matters on the songs? There's no voting poll?

We want other members to give input because they're the ones who are voting and they may have advice or words of encouragement they want to pass on to the contestants. Polls will come after all the contestants have been shown.

Guest Dot

There are 14 contestants, i think they're waiting to post every one of the entries and then the people of LB Shall deciiiiide *^^

This is how we do. :hooker:

CONTESTANT # 7 - "Chandelier"

http://picosong.com/cVjN/

Sia be like, "Oop someone picked the wrong song to sing". I know for a fact that you have a good voice. You're not a bad singer, but you need to practice your breathing technique a bit more. You switch through keys at times and also switch through singing styles and just sounds weird. But I liked your production and the fact that you apllied your own style to the cover.

Contestant #7

I was dreading listening to this song because I'm so sick of it tbh. It's seriously everywhere. You did a refreshing take on it & it actually didn't make me want to kill you for singing this. I really enjoyed it, the only thing I have to say is that in some parts it sounded like you were gasping for hair, I'm not sure if you intentionally did it, but if you didn't, I think you should work on controlling your voice. Good joy :)

"I've said before I don't understand critics but here's why: would you critic a dance show if you were not yourself a dancer? Would you critic an English paper if you did not speak English? Or a French paper if you don't speak French?" - Lady Gaga

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

"I've said before I don't understand critics but here's why: would you critic a dance show if you were not yourself a dancer? Would you critic an English paper if you did not speak English? Or a French paper if you don't speak French?" - Lady Gaga

I am a singer, songwriter and poet therefore I can judge.  :crossed:  #BuyDarkHeartTraylerParkOctober19th

Guest Dot

CONTESTANT # 8 - "PERFECT LOVER"

http://picosong.com/cVjG/

Okay, so...I actually thought this was an original song, because I've never heard it before lol. Thank God, trayer told me it was a Britney song a few minutes ago, lol. Let me say that I love the eerieness of your vocals. They're very breathy and I like that a lot. I think that during the verses you sang a bit too low so it was kinda hard to understand what you were singing. Anyway, I think this was a very good cover of a song I don't know... :omfg: You have a very good breathing control and your voice is really good! :mariah:

Guest Dot

CONTESTANT # 9 - "Lost Stars"

http://picosong.com/cVgB/

I love, love, love your voice! It's so innocent and melancholic. It's again, hard for me to compare you with the original, because I don't know the original but the song sounds really nice and this cover is pretty damn good! LOVED IT!

CONTESTANT # 9 - "Lost Stars"

http://picosong.com/cVgB/

I love, love, love your voice! It's so innocent and melancholic. It's again, hard for me to compare you with the original, because I don't know the original but the song sounds really nice and this cover is pretty damn good! LOVED IT!

YAAAS SLAY ME KWEEN, whoever you are lol