Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

LB Karaoke Contest S3: Round 1 - "Put Your Favourite Record On!"

If possible contestants are going to be blatantly rude to each other and basically out who they are, they will be disqualified/if they aren't, they will be banned from voting. 

Thanks!  :)

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Guest Dot

CONTESTANT # 10 - "Glass in the Park"

http://picosong.com/cVgG/

Don't be so shy! Try to sing a bit louder and stop singing so low! Thanks for trying and participating, though.

This is the last contestant for today. The poll will be hosted on surveymonkey to keep people from cheating.

@ @@DrunkBeautyQueen @@Yoshi and @@dudenumberone have been eliminated because they forgot/did not care about sending me their entries.

Contestant #10 Glass In The Park

Your voice is sexy tbh. I hope if you're around in part 2 you'll work on singing louder & on your pronunciation (though, that may be apart of singing louder) You did a good job :)

Next week during the karaoke contest, one viewer will receive a prize! To qualify you can not be a contestant and you must be active during the contest. Voting & giving feedback could make you the special winner  ;) The winner will be chosen at a random point during the contest. There may be a few more prizes during the season too ;)  

Also, the winner will receive a very special prize during the finale  :hooker: 

#RockTheVote 

I was asked to vote on TC tonight (maybe because I'm a music critic or because I'm bitch) but here goes a topical track by track:

1. Whoever this has does have a good voice, but there's a...shyness? in your delivery. Let go and sing deeper from your chest, I know you can do it!

2. I wasn't very fond of the vocal layering, it sounded like an off-key Beatles cover of the song. I might have changed the key or arrangement altogether

3. This might be my absolute favorite of all of them, good usage of your range and dynamics, the key changes sound effortless and not forced. I'd listen to this one a lot.

4. What kind of early George Michael teas? I like the instrumental, but the vocals might have been lowered a bit more and they seem a little out of place with the tempo

5. I wasn't fond of this at all, sorry. I've never heard it from a male voice and you tried a little too much to sound like the original. I like when people make covers their own!

6. I found it interesting this was the only Lana cover. It was a little nasal at times and reminded me of Jewel in certain pronunciations, the vocals were also pitchy

7. I know whose this is and I've told them BREATH CONTROL. I don't think you should cover songs if you can't hit the high notes that really make this song what it is.

8. YAS this made me think of some boy band type shit. If this has been professionally done by the person who covered it this could be a rhythmic radio hit.

9. Your voice is fragile, I think it would've been interesting to see you use your head voice a little in the higher notes. Maybe if you're still in next week!

10. Not a fan of this one. Possibly because you're singing along with the original. It also sounds like you were very close to the microphone. It's okay.

BzhmW.png

"I've said before I don't understand critics but here's why: would you critic a dance show if you were not yourself a dancer? Would you critic an English paper if you did not speak English? Or a French paper if you don't speak French?" - Lady Gaga

omg u killed it with shade :toofunny:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

"I've said before I don't understand critics but here's why: would you critic a dance show if you were not yourself a dancer? Would you critic an English paper if you did not speak English? Or a French paper if you don't speak French?" - Lady Gaga

tumblr_m84dcc8VRF1r0ftodo1_500.gif

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Isn't it a bit reductive, though ? You don't need to have a diploma in Art History to appreciate art, let's not even talk about having to be an artist to do so...

Same thing with reading. I ain't now writer but that doesn't mean I can't like, dislike or recommend a book ...

So... Yeah... But nah.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Ok, I'm ready to become the most hated LB user in the history of this site.

#1- The vocals weren't bad but something about delivery was off to me. Not bad, not bad.

#2- Again, the vocals weren't terrible, but something about the way you sang it made me feel like I was having trouble keeping up with it. It seemed a little all over the place at times, but overall it wasn't too painful to listen to.

#3- Damn. Literally everything was on point. Every box was checked and I have no complaints.

#4- This was pretty good. I reallly want to see you in the next round though.

#5- I really don't think this was a good song for your voice. I'd really like to hear you sing a more fitting song.

#6- I... just... I'm sorry, but this was just bad. Please don't come for me, but this was painful to sit through. I feel like part of the problem might have been that you were singing it while listening to it in your earbuds. BIG no no.

#7- Not a good song for your voice. I really can't even decide whether or not you're good because the song choice and delivery was bad. I would like to listen to you sing a different song, though.

#8- I really liked this. Your vocals were good and I could tell that you really knew the song and that you were singing it as if you wrote it rather than JUST doing a cover. You brought the words to life and I feel like that's huge part of singing.

#9- I liked this and it was just a cute little song and I listened to the whole thing willingly. But yeah, I liked this and I voted for it (am I allowed to say this??)

#10- I'm sorry again but I really just didn't like it. There's potential, though and I don't necessarily want you to get eliminated.

Guest Dot

The results for round 1 are up you can check them out in the OP. I'm very sorry for the delay, but I had a lot of stuff to take care of.

I'm very sad to announce that the first member to be eliminated is @ aka. Contestant 4, who did an awesome and apparently very underrated cover of "Young Hearts". :aw: Thanks for joining! :mariah:

I'll announce the next theme and the deadline for Round 2 during the next few days. Stay tuned!

This actually made me sad, even though his wasn't my fav at first it really wasn't that bad a cover, and compared to some other entries it really should have made it, I'm sorry @ :crying5:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg