Hellion

Rihanna

I'm quite shocked that there's no thread for the Billboard Queen. Almost ten years of chart slayage...and let's be real if there was any "new Madonna" it would be her. She's the 'Black Madonna' if you ask me.

Thank GODNEY no one asked you  :smokes2:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Guest Dot

Thank GODNEY no one asked you :smokes2:

I said "if", girl. Of course no one is going to replace the queen, but if you look at her life/career you can find many parallels bewteen her and M.

Pon De Replay -> Everybody

Rihanna + Chris Brown -> Madonna and Sean Penn

Rihanna's overall sexual vibe and her being a fashion trendsetter just like M.

If Rihanna releases a GH album it could actually challenge the Immaculate Collection.

Guest Dot

Sis I was with you until this disaster :mj3: Do not even...

Chris Brown and Rihanna were a good couple, if only he wasn't an abusive fucktard. Madonna's relationship was also abusive, yet they made a great couple. Madonna said in 1990 that he was the love of her live and I believe that Rihanna genuinely loved Chris too.

Chris Brown and Rihanna were a good couple, if only he wasn't an abusive fucktard. Madonna's relationship was also abusive, yet they made a great couple. Madonna said in 1990 that he was the love of her live and I believe that Rihanna genuinely loved Chris too.

Stop! You are not about to go "Rihanna is queen of pop!" because both her and Madonna were ABUSED jfc

Guest Dot

Stop! You are not about to go "Rihanna is queen of pop!" because both her and Madonna were ABUSED jfc

I would never dare to say she was the queen of pop. That title belongs to M and won't ever be given to anybody else. I agree that being abused doesn't not make her the queen of pop or the "Black Madonna" either, but I was rather pointing out similarities and parallels in their lives and their careers as well as experiences both have made during a specific time of their lives. Rihanna's transformation from being the cute but somehow sexy Island girl that made nice dance music to becoming THE sex symbol of our generation is probably the most striking parallel.

I said "if", girl. Of course no one is going to replace the queen, but if you look at her life/career you can find many parallels bewteen her and M.

If Rihanna releases a GH album it could actually challenge the Immaculate Collection.

Gurl stop. You are picking specific stuff, I can say 3 things that Britney, Gaga & Beyoncé have in common with Madonna, and that doesn't make them the "Louissianna Madonna", or the "italian Madonna" or the "Texas Madonna".

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

MESS do you even know who Madonna is lmao??? Like :facepalm: how are you going to compare the pioneer of pop music, a writer, director, musician, genuine artist to someone like Rihanna who has all her songs written for her and just humps shit in her videos??? I mean I like Rihanna but JESUS lol I just do not get where you are coming from here :rip:

14417469274.gif

Guest Dot

MESS do you even know who Madonna is lmao??? Like :facepalm: how are you going to compare the pioneer of pop music, a writer, director, musician, genuine artist to someone like Rihanna who has all her songs written for her and just humps shit in her videos??? I mean I like Rihanna but JESUS lol I just do not get where you are coming from here :rip:

DUDE. No need to be fucking rude...I was just pointing out PARALLELS...I love Madonna ever since I was a little child! I own every single and record of her! I'm a fucking Madonna stan...

So yes, I do fucking know who Madonna is and no, I don't think Rihanna is anywhere near her on an artistic level or, but I think that she's on a good way of becoming a Madonna-like icon in terms of style/fashion (for a completely different group of listeners/generation) and that they have had quite a few parallels in their lives and their careers. I'm talking about the Madonna from 1982-1992, by the way.

Guest Dot

That's the most lazy list I've ever seen... you just compiled pretty much all her singles together when greatest hits are more than that

Really? I've never seen a GH compilation that featured non-singles or songs that weren't hits or at least memorable at some point. If I were to compile her singles ONLY I would have to make it a two disc edition and honestly, I don't think that would be a GREATEST hits compilation anymore, especially NOT for someone like Rihanna who released 7 albums within a decade and has managed to accumulate as many hit singles WW.

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy for You

Into the Groove

Live to Tell

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify My Love

Rescue Me

Angel, Dress You Up, Gambler, True Blue, Who's That Girl & Causing a Commotion were hits and songs like Everybody, Where's the Party and Burning Up can be considered just as memorable as some of the songs listed above, yet they've been omitted from the compilation. Why? Who knows but I think a GH compilation should include the most memorable singles and maybe one or two new tracks, only. Oh by the way, "The Immaculate Collection" ended up being one of the most successful albums of all time.