Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Member of the Month (September): ULTRAVIOLENCE

First of all, LanaBoards, stop voting in people who are gonna skip out on their interviews smh. But we've returned from an off month with the ever enchanting caps-locked ULTRAVIOLENCE! Rivaling even @@Jack in causing a stir and bickering with members, he certainly keeps us active. Currently taking bets on how many times "Cola," "West Coast," and the Ultraviolence cover will come up in this interview. Love him or hate him, SitarHero has the DEFINITIVE scoop!

Also know that wherever there's a full paragraph in this interview there was originally a block of emoticons. God love you @@Ultraviolence

Member of the Month (September): ULTRAVIOLENCE

1. What did you do on the day you answered this questionnaire?
Ummm...to be honest, I didn't answer this on one day but today (the day I answered the last questions) I went to my grandma's house with my little sister because our uncle and cousin came over for lunch so yeah...nothing too exciting. I also illegally downloaded InDesign. :umadney:

2. Take a picture of yourself answering these questions right now.
Taking a picture with da bae:
IMG_69256d6e.JPG

SH: Someone wanted to be outshined i c...

3. What's something not many people know about you or that we would be surprised to learn about?
I'm K. (Because everybody knows that "K" stands for Kevin. :fact: )

No, but honestly there isn't much interesting about me or at least not anymore, because you know...I keep sending out my nudes to EVERYONE on LB as pointed out by some members and I'm just a cheap whore in general. pressede71e.gif
But there is in fact something not everyone might know about me, which is the fact that I'm also part French, so there goes that...(feel free to correct any punctuation mistakes btw) Oh, and I'm bisexual...

SH: Shady shade! I will NOT do a tally of that UV you're too gay for your answers to be anything but. Or too bi...

4. What's your current career? What's your dream job?
I always dreamt of becoming an actor or a singer, but I have such a low self-esteem that I'm constantly keeping myself from actually working to achieve those dreams. I keep telling myself that I'm not good enough and that every effort I'd put into that would be a waste. Becoming a teacher was always an option for me, but of course that isn't really as exciting, lol. After graduating in July I have applied to several universities to study English/Biology in order to become a teacher. The problem was that my grades apparently weren't good enough for Biology (there were 60 free spots and 377 people applying. jealous6db8.gif) so I had to choose a different subject to teach which didn't need a NC (“numerus clausus”) to apply for. The only ones left were Math, Physics, Chemistry and Catholic Religious Education and I was like "Bitch, are you fucking kidding me? I'm not qualified for any of those. :dafuq:" So, now I went with Chemestry because that's the only one I feel semi-positive about, but I'm still scared as shit. I might still be able to change it to Biology later on, though.

SH: Get educated in the language of doing it

5. What are your hobbies or passions?
I love to work with Photoshop make cover arts and stuff (check out my fan art thread!) and I love video editing (If only my computer wasn't as slow). I also like to sing :$ but music in general and everything about music is my passion. I really want to learn how to play an instrument tho and maybe take some music theory classes to get into music production which is something I'd love to do as well...

SH: Jack wins again...

6. What is your favorite memory?
Gosh...there's so much stuff I remember from my childhood-now I can't even decide on a favourite. Probably my first concert...Oh yeah that was hilarious. Me and my best friend wanted to go to the Born This Way Ball in 2012, because Gaga came to our city and it was a great opportunity to see her. Too bad we were broke as fuck, lol. Anyway...we still went to the venue just for fun and there was this guy who desperately needed to get rid of his tickets because he and his girlfriend had a fight and he wanted to got home. So I asked him if 30€ for each were enough and he was like "Yeah..." and I was getting really excited but then again me and friend had no money so I called my mom and she told me to ask the guy if he was okay with giving us his bank account number so that we could send him the money later. At first he was kinda skeptical but agreed in the end. Once we held the tickets in our hands we realized that the original prize was 90€ EACH! So we basically got to see Gaga for FREE from seats that were originally 90 fucking €. That was just fucking amazing. I will never forget that...

7. Lana's junior and high school years have been rather chaotic from what we know. How were/are yours?
I would have to write at least 500 pages if I really wanted to go into detail about junior/high school. I was diagnosed with ADHD during elementary school and my teacher hated me. From grades 5th-10th I was always labeled as gay or just got bullied in general which kind of sucked. I still managed to get elected as student president, though and got more popular during the following years. Between 10th and 11th grade I went to the US which was a disaster and when I came back to school in Germany I was with a lot of new people I barely knew before and although those two years were kind of a roller coaster for me I gained a lot of friends that love me the way I am. :justride2:

SH: Like @@TIARNZUS @ and @@Jack :justride2:

8. If you could bring two people back from the dead, have an exquisite dinner, and some great conversation with them...who would they be and what would you eat?
I though about this a lot actually, because at first I really couldn't think of anyone but after watching the The Ramen Girl with Brittany Murphy I remembered the tragedy that was her death. She seemed like such a cool and fun person to be with, very sweet and down-to-earth in my opinion. The other person would be MJ because his death really affected me due to his music being a part of my life ever since I can remember. I'm not one of those „post mortem fans“. I think I'd talk a lot with Brittany about all kinds of stuff, acting, singing (she was a singer too!) maybe watching some funny movies and I'd ask MJ to sing all the songs he never got to perform. (“Who Is It” : defeated:)

9. Do you believe in any form of life after death?
I'm not sure. I'm an agnostic so I wouldn't say there isn't but let's say I hope for something to come once our lives are over. I mean I just can't imagine there being nothing but darkness and my brain not thinking about anything anymore. It just doesn't make sense to me.

10. Who is the person you admire most and why?
Well...I know this gonna be very cliched but I'm gonna have to say Lana because her music really does things to me. It has affected me like no one elses music has affected me before. It's so beautiful and nostalgic, yet uplifting and relaxing sometimes. :sadcore2: I think Madonna comes next. 'Nough said...that person should be admired by everyone! Without her pop culture today wouldn't be the same. And don't come at me with any of that Britney has shaped pop music kind of bullshit.

SH: Why you gotta do me like that...now the Britney fans are gonna be all up in my notifications quoting this...

11. Do you have a LanaBoards BFF?
Ugh I can't just choose one tbh. I'm not really the BFF type. There's so many people on LB I love dearly and I really want to mention them all if that's okay. #PleaseSitar
@ConeyIslandQueen262 – The most beautiful girl on LB. You're a great friend and eventhough I don't always reply to your snaps I love and enjoy looking at them. You are gorgeous! I love you! Oh, and next time we go on a concert together we're hopefully going to talk longer than two fucking seconds :kiss:
@yasssitsgangstaboy – My buddy! You've been there for me when I needed you the most and I admire you for being such a great and supportive friend!
@Erik - Most gorgeous guy EVER! You're my fucking soulmate!
@Atom Heart – Atom, you're one of the best people around and you really deserved to win the MOTM thing! I just wished that I wouldn't have to run against you. You're a great friend and I really love you from the bottom of my heart.
@@vinny-h – I FUCKING LOVE LOVE LOVE You, Vinny! : crying: You are the most amazing guy on LB simply for being...well a great and talented guy. You have such a big heart and you're always there for me when I need you! Thx buddy! @yasitstrayertrash – The Queen of LB, seriously. “She can be a bitch sometimes...” :omfg: Thx for defending me, Trayer! I sometimes wish you were my mom. :') #YouCanBeMyMommy
@Elle – One of my first enemies and also one of my first friends on LB. You are a such a sweet girl and I just loved duetting with you! (We should've won that round tbh :hairflip :) But I honestly hated to fight against you and your weird taste in Lana songs during those Hurt/Heal games.
My old chat clique:
@Bekim, @Philomene, @butterflies, @BLOODSHOT You guys have no idea how much I miss you. I know we could still talk via PM but it really isn't the same without the chat. Philo, I'm still rooting for you and that guy although I have no idea what's been going on between the two of you. Butterflies you are an amazing and talented guy and your hair is flawless. #BOYRapunzel Bekim, you're just fucking cool, dude. I love your fashion sketches! Teach me how to do them!!! WE NEED THE FUCKING CHAT BACK!

12. Make up a word that you would use daily and describe what it means.
Well I did that in 5th grade. Me and my best friend had this word called “Sheshyann” and we used it in a mischievous manner to piss people off whenever something bad happened to them. (I know it's horrible but some people just deserved it!)

13. Drag me (SitarHero).
I remember listening to this...Almost made my ears bleed, because I accidentally turned the volume up really loud. The faux-opera vocals...in the beginning. The “haha” part sounded like Yoko Ono's faked orgasm. :awk: The attempt at doing some semi-falsetto during the chorus. And the time your forgot the lyrics and just sang “bla bla”. :eartha: It's so over-the-top theatrical...You need to tone it down a bit. It's not even funny because it actually sounded like you were trying to sing. I need to say one thing before I finish this drag, though. Gaga's SXSW performance wasn't too far from your cover, vocally.

SH: Well you jacked off on the LanaBoards Tinychat so...fuck you pop music! This is ARTPOP!

14. If your balls were a celebrity couple, who would they be?
Ashton Kutcher / Mila Kunis. They're cute and sexy. Also this: Mila(n) Kunisevin :illumilana:

15. When did you become a fan of Lana? What was it about her that attracted you to her?
I think in the fall of 2012. I listened to a shitty remix of Video Games first thinking it was the original and thought it was absolutely awful. I listened to Born to Die as well and thought it was boring and hated how her voice sounded (It actually took me quite a while to get used to her voice). Then, I listened to Summertime Sadness, National Anthem and the Cola snippet and fell in love. I lovered the summery vibe her songs had and how different they were from what I usually listened too. Her music makes you feel like you're the most beautiful person in the world, it really does. :thankyou:

16. Which Lana album is your favorite: Ultraviolence, Paradise, Born to Die, Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant, Sirens, or From the End/Quiet Now?
I think I definitely prefer Born to Die, Paradise and Ultraviolence over her early stuff. Out of those three my fav would have to be Paradise. I just love the overall vibe it has and even though Born to Die was what really got me into Lana, Paradise seems much more atmospheric to me. It's the perfect mix of the glamorous vibe BTD has and the melancholic and dark vibe of UV.

17. Favorite Lana song? Why?
Y'all know what my favourite song is. COLA! Y'all can hate on it all you want calling it overrated, because of it's opening line or saying it's bland. I don't give a fuck! It's Lana's most iconic song and basically her in a nutshell. It's fucking ESSENTIAL to her career and the production and the lyrics are heavenly. The mix of strings, bass and acoustic guitar. It's like a having sex on the beach.  :cumming:  'Nough said. It's her best song and it should've been a single. FUCK INTERSCOPE! Fuck Radio! Fuck everyone! Lana I'll never forgive you for not including it in TROPICO.

18. Least favorite Lana song? Why?
Mhh I think pretty much everyone always picks on poor Delicious. Was that track even meant for Lana in the first place? It's shit, obviously but it was never meant to be heard and so were most of her unreleased songs and that's why I'm going to choose one of her released songs. I think my least favourite might be Guns & Roses. It's so boring and repetitive and those drums sound so fucking FL Studio it's kinda embarassing.  I was thinking about picking a different song but calling anything else my least favourite track when this track is the only released song I consider extremely horrible would be unfair.

19. If given the opportunity to meet Lana for an hour, what would you do/say?
First, I'd make her lots of compliments telling her how much her music has affected me and ask her about the planned Cola single and tell her to re-release it as a single. :oopna:  Oh, and I'd also tell her how great her unreleased songs are and that she shouldn't be ashamed of them because they slay. Obviously requesting a re-release/re-recording of AKA as well.

20. Would you rather love and be loved or know all God knows?
To love and be loved is something I have been craving for my whole life. :crying4:Knowing all God knows would make life so fucking boring + I don't necessarily believe in God sooo...

21. Has Lana affected your everyday life in any way?
Yes, her music and her vintage style has created a passion for all kind of vintage things. I just fucking love it. I'm someone who gets easily inspired by things I just don't always have the patience to bring it to paper, but somehow creating Lana artwork is something that I've had lots of patience for. Her music is so wonderful I have trouble getting into other artists because I keep thinking “Ugh...this is not as good as Lana's stuff.”

22. Of all the unreleased videos and songs we have knowledge of, what do you thirst for most?
Just give us everything. I know for a fact that here really isn't a lot left and I want my Unreleased Collection to be complete. I know some of you bitches have almost all of her stuff and I hope you choke on your cereals while listening to them.

23. What is the best part of being a Lana fan? The worst?
The best: Her music, especially #leakgate. Her videos (not anymore :awkney:)
The worst: Having to endure months of no information about what is going on.

24. Who are your favorite artists?
Madonna, Michael Jackson, Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga, Bastille, Rihanna (a bit)
I really want to get into other artists but I just tend to be very picky in terms of music and get bored of things very easily.

25. What is your favorite movie? Book? Song?
Movie: Back to the Future, I think.
Book: Probably “Holes” by Louis Sachar (one of the few books I actaully read all the way through) Oh, and “Cirque du Freak” by Darren Shan. That book actually made me cry.
Song: I think my favourite song right now might be either “I Blame Myself” by Sky Ferreira or “Fire Meet Gasoline” by Sia.

26. What was the last book you read?
All the way through? : toofunny: I need to read more books but I'm just not patient enough...

27. Recommend us a song that we just have to listen to!
“Poet” by Bastille! That song is beautiful...It's nothing epic or extremely out of this world but it always puts me in a good mood.

28. If you ever became a musician, what would you make your stage name?
SitarHero :umadney:

SH: Kinda shit tbh

29. What comes after “Lana Del Rey” in your music library?
Linkin Park

30. Put your iPod/music library on shuffle and tell us which 10 songs are played. Don't skip, don't cheat!

• Michael Jackson – Slave to the Rhythm
  • Madonna – Miles Away
  • Madonna – Sanctuary
  • Sia – Cellophane
  • Lady Gaga – ARTPOP (Extended Mix)
  • Lana Del Rey – Lolita (Demo 2)
  • Lana Del Rey – Radio
  • Bastille – Overjoyed
  • Ed Sheeran – Don't
  • Sky Ferreira – Heavy Metal Heart

-> This sucks.

31. Do you hate anyone? If so, why?
Ohhhhh are you sure you want me to go into detail about that? Let me say that there are several people here on LB that I really dislike. To name a few (no names):
I know this era isn't your fav but you're turning into a real troll. (Although I'm pretty sure you were one when you joined)
Then there's the usual smart-ass / arrogant people who just loooove drama and then complain once there is drama and try to make themselves look so much better than everyone else. :stop:
Oh and of course people who abuse their power in order to win a MOTM poll or to bully someone they don't like (for whatever reason) and the people who hoard unleaked Lana stuff (You are the most pathetic one) and other people's dick pics. :wtf:
I think those people should know who they are. :lolno:

SH: Oop I'll just sit here zQLLMX8.png

32. What are the small things in life that make you as happy as a clam?
FOOD. GOOD FOOD and summer. Just summer in general. I love everything about it. I get depressed during winter and fall.

33. What is a characteristic / trait you see in others that you wish you had?
Patience, endurance and a good work ethic. I wish I wasn't as much of a procrastinator as I am.

34. What are your pet peeves or deal-breakers when it comes to friends/relationships?
If my friend is ALWAYS a lucking lucky, while I, on the other end always end up having the shorter end of the stick. I know that does make me sound kinda jealous, but I think many people would feel the same way if you always end up being the loser next to your friend. But I think it's worse if a friend just uses you for personal gain. I think that's the worst...I'd rather be friend with someone who's always more lucky than me than being friends with someone who isn't really my friend. (The latter one happens to me a lot, actually. :sadcore3: )

35. What would you say is your favorite physical trait + personality trait in potential partner?
Ummm the eyes, I think. Yes, definitely! I don't care much about someone's body but the face and especially the eyes are most important when it comes to physical traits. A good sense of humour and being spontaneous and not too clingy would be what I consider good personality traits.

36. do u like pies
YAAAASSSSSS :pray2:

37. what is ur favourite kind of pie
Cherry pie. With a can of Pepsi #lanastyle

38. do u enjoy flying kites, if so, what would ur ideal kite look like, describe it
Fuck kites tbh. I tried that once when I was a kid and it sucked. :cryney:

BONUS: Is there anything you'd like to tell the community of LanaBoards?

First of all I'd like to say how much I love LB and most people here. Things used to be much nicer in 2012 but I think once the UV era is over things will change for the better again!

I apologize for the length of this interview, guys. Can someone also get this bitch Tiarnan to bring the chat back? 

Ever since the chat's been gone new members seem to have quite a hard to time to get to know more people on LB. They basically share stories/experiences/opinions on their status updates and often get dragged or they just don't dare to be active. I think the chat was a great way to communicate with your fellow LB members and the shoutbox as nostalgic as it might be for some of you just doesn't do it for the most people.

Me and a few other people from LanaBoards and MarinaBoards have tinychat sessions, ocassionally. If you read this interview and you want to be part of it next time, feel free to join us on www.tinychat.com/sy2h ! We always announce them in our status updates!

SH: And it would be an ULTRAVIOLENCE interview without an agenda

Guest Dot

:air2:   

Congrats, UV. 

(also the shoutbox is only for typing out lyrics to Creed's One Last Breath.mp3 #GodBless) 

And that's why it needs to go. ihAjtTRT0qB6Y.gif

Guest Dot

***Flawless interview! :kiss: And yeah Ill teach you like two or three things :creep2: :creepna: 

@@SitarHero we're blessed to have you :lmao:

:angie: YAS, Bekim, YAAASSSS

I feel like this interview mentioned me more than Kevin :deadbanana: but good job!!! I am actually happy you won this month! :kiss: and don't forget to have an amazing day everybody!!!

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I love you darling. I really enjoyed reading this interview, I could read about you all day long. :kiss:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Guest Dot

Now the sidebar will never get changed :toofunny:

Please tell me he isn't the one in charge of that. :air:

Guest Dot

Some retractions you'd like to make? :slayty:

What kind of retraction would that be? :interesting:

I guess I'll just have to live with the fact that I'll never get a chance to shine... :sadcore3: