TrailerParkDarling

LANA SLEUTHING

By the way, the metadata on the "No Kung Fu" version of Little Girls has always been tagged as 2007. Hmm...

Oh yeah! Forgot about NKF.

Some interesting connections with Reeve and Jimmy, beyond even Lana:

- We've already seen that they performed together, more than once.

- Jimmy Gnecco sang a song on the Spiderman soundtrack, and Reeve played Spiderman on Broadway.

- Jimmy Gnecco was good friends with Jeff Buckley, and Reeve is playing Buckley in an upcoming biopic.

Obviously unimportant, but still--fun :P

I'm just amazed how much Jeff Buckley looks like Reeve Carney looks like James Franco.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I'm in too deep, I can't even fathom how Monicker, who at least spends a chunk of time here fangirling and not just listening to her album, can't be interested in the digging.

Someone call for help :defeated:

Can't decide whether it's for me or for him :defeated:

That's still true, evil. The :O = my surprise and amusement at the exactness of the Little Girls riff in this Saint song. :)

Yes, but wouldn't you agree that your surprise and amusement would be less without the personal connections to Lana? (Not that you wouldn't find interesting any song that shared the same opening riff.) The point I'm trying to make is that the line between analyzing her music and her personal life is not always a bright one. And that is even more true for those of us who take as great an interest in her lyrics as the music proper.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Hmmm, i'm not sure how to respond to this. I know all these lines are blurry, i don't deny that. I don't really make any distinction between lyrical analysis (in regards to making connections to her own life) and all the internet sleuthing. But you'll notice then that i've never really participated in any discussions about her lyrics and their connections to her personal life. Let's be realistic, i don't even analyze the music. I can't think of even one single instance on this forum where i've actually analyzed music, really. Given my opinions, yes. And gotten into technical things about music production, sure. But i don't think there's been any real musical analysis.

My surprise came from hearing a familiar riff in another person's song, and as you suggested, yes, that it comes from someone with a personal connection to her certainly adds to my surprise, you're right (can't say whether it's a significant amount though). But, to me personally, it wouldn't make a difference whether that person is an ex-boyfriend, a friend, a family member, a former classmate, or the pool cleaner at the Chateau Marmont. It's just unexpected and a bit of a mindfuck. I was simply shocked to hear the exactness without having any prior knowledge of this. I think it's a lot simpler than you're making it out to be, honestly. Like, imagine you're listening to the radio one day and suddenly a song comes on and you realize that it shares the exact same riff as one of your favorite songs from an artist you really like, and then you discover that the song in question is by someone somehow connected to the artist of whom you're a fan. It's just a little "whoa" moment. And i'm curious who wrote it, which came first.

I want to make something very clear though. As i said to you the other day, i'm not at all passing judgement on anyone who takes an active interest in this sort of stuff. It's not my or anyone else's place to determine what is and isn't an appropriate interest for others to take up. I was simply explaining to you that i have little-to-no interest in this stuff myself.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I've seen people talk about Lana's Elvis covers a few places around this forum. Aside from this gig review from her Lizzy Grant days mentioning she performed "Heartbreak Hotel", do we know anything else about any Elvis covers? Did she talk about them in an interview or something?

I've seen people talk about Lana's Elvis covers a few places around this forum. Aside from this gig review from her Lizzy Grant days mentioning she performed "Heartbreak Hotel", do we know anything else about any Elvis covers? Did she talk about them in an interview or something?

If I'm correct, it's during the Taratata interview:

I contacted the production duo known as 'Daft Dog,' who produced Lana's track 'Dangerous Girl,' and asked them whether they had produced any more songs with Lana. As Roy did when I asked, they kinda dodged the question, but

...this was the one which seem to be the strongest idea.

I contacted the production duo known as 'Daft Dog,' who produced Lana's track 'Dangerous Girl,' and asked them whether they had produced any more songs with Lana. As Roy did when I asked, they kinda dodged the question, but

...this was the one which seem to be the strongest idea.

There's more! :O

There's more! :O

I know! I'm surprised myself. "Dangerous Girl" is such an incredible song anyway, but I'd be very interested to hear what else they did together.

I'll try (gingerly) to pursue the matter a little bit further, without becoming a nuisance.

:P

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember the link) that Kill Kill was initially called "The Ocean"

Also, i don't know if i got it right or if i missunderstood, but i read that Lana was in a band named "The Richwhores" (??)

HOLY JESUS. THIS NEEDS TO BE AN EMOTICON. NIGHTMARES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

tumblr_mb38dbGYyD1r5umu6o1_100.png

This is an old post I'm quoting, but that guy looks like this guy:

Freaky_fred.jpg

MkWI4Ns.png

HOLY JESUS. THIS NEEDS TO BE AN EMOTICON. NIGHTMARES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

tumblr_mb38dbGYyD1r5umu6o1_100.png

LMFAO GUUUURRRLLLL.......

:excited:

be a good a baby, do what i want

tumblr_m9s63iYQ2l1r02hrto1_500.gif