TrailerParkDarling

LANA SLEUTHING

8 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

ok im glad she confirmed what i've always assumed about the whole "rich dad" thing.

people always point at his current status/worth but that doesn't necessarily reflect how she grew up

it makes sense because he entered the domain business during the mid-late 2007s so it's not like he was making millions when lana was a child

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

some interesting/obscure information i found in the minor general questions thread

- the alt. title "trash sugar magic" came about because somebody during the ldr.fm era referred to the trash magic demo which is sometimes known as "the man i love" as "trash sugar magic"

- somebody claimed to have seen the "rehab" title on her myspace, but take that with a grain of salt

- "god bless america" was considered to be the title of lana del ray a.k.a lizzy grant, alongside born to die

- her father helped with the marketing of ldrakalg and said he enjoyed living vicariously through her

- she planned on re-released/re-recording kill kill and mermaid motel, obviously this never happened

- there's a mention of a rumored "oh say can you see" video, alongside queen of the gas station and smarty, we know that there's a qotgs video, but the other two are still not 100% confirmed, so take that with a grain of salt, just thought it was interesting that it was specifically mentioned alongside the other two which were rumored for years (now we know for sure one of those do exist)

- this seems to be another early version of the born to die tracklist which was posted by ldr.fm mods, without you, dark paradise, and hundred dollar bill seem to be the bonus tracks

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born To Die

4. Put The Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off To The Races

10. This Is What Makes Us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Doll Bill

resistance was included on an album titled "slam-complete studs collection", oddly enough, it seems like this album is from 1993? according to the post it was titled as "resistor" on the album (there was an amazon link to it, but unfortunately it no longer works)

DjNMlCa.png

- somebody from reeve carney's band mentioned lizzy grant, at the time, her myspace was called "therichwhores" so this was probably during 2007, he called her "terrific" and "really talented"

- "bollywood hawaii" which is the laptop demo of "maha maha" is titled that because that's the title that princess superstar gave the instrumental ("bollywood hawaii in space")

- the "final" or "alternate" version of st. tropez may just be a rumor, a rumored "better" version of betty boop boop was also mentioned but that could very likely be false

- allegedly a fan become friends with lana and she sent him songs, "future jazz" and "endless summer" which later become freak... very likely fake but still interesting :hooker: 

- lana was planning to scrap west coast, but after dan auerbach reworked it, she liked it and decided to keep it for the album

i didn't go through the entire thread but i found some interesting things!

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

some interesting/obscure information i found in the minor general questions thread

- the alt. title "trash sugar magic" came about because somebody during the ldr.fm era referred to the trash magic demo which is sometimes known as "the man i love" as "trash sugar magic"

- somebody claimed to have seen the "rehab" title on her myspace, but take that with a grain of salt

- "god bless america" was considered to be the title of lana del ray a.k.a lizzy grant, alongside born to die

- her father helped with the marketing of ldrakalg and said he enjoyed living vicariously through her

- she planned on re-released/re-recording kill kill and mermaid motel, obviously this never happened

- there's a mention of a rumored "oh say can you see" video, alongside queen of the gas station and smarty, we know that there's a qotgs video, but the other two are still not 100% confirmed, so take that with a grain of salt, just thought it was interesting that it was specifically mentioned alongside the other two which were rumored for years (now we know for sure one of those do exist)

- this seems to be another early version of the born to die tracklist which was posted by ldr.fm mods, without you, dark paradise, and hundred dollar bill seem to be the bonus tracks

resistance was included on an album titled "slam-complete studs collection", oddly enough, it seems like this album is from 1993? according to the post it was titled as "resistor" on the album (there was an amazon link to it, but unfortunately it no longer works)

DjNMlCa.png

- somebody from reeve carney's band mentioned lizzy grant, at the time, her myspace was called "therichwhores" so this was probably during 2007, he called her "terrific" and "really talented"

- "bollywood hawaii" which is the laptop demo of "maha maha" is titled that because that's the title that princess superstar gave the instrumental ("bollywood hawaii in space")

- the "final" or "alternate" version of st. tropez may just be a rumor, a rumored "better" version of betty boop boop was also mentioned but that could very likely be false

- allegedly a fan become friends with lana and she sent him songs, "future jazz" and "endless summer" which later become freak... very likely fake but still interesting :hooker: 

- lana was planning to scrap west coast, but after dan auerbach reworked it, she liked it and decided to keep it for the album

thanks for sharing this 

:kiss2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

On 12/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, Surf Noir said:

DjNMlCa.png

The Suburban Studs were a punk band from the late 1970s who just happened to have a song called 'Resistor', which had nothing to do with Lana, Resistance, or anything else of interest, and obviously turned up on the Songfile because someone made a mistake somewhere.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Just going to drop this here, as it got lost in my status updates & I think everyone should have an easy access to it lol.

There are over 700 photos across both Flickr albums linked below from 2010, so I took on the task of possibly finding Lana in the crowd. Feel free to "where's Waldo" Lana in both albums  :crai: .

January 1st, 2010 - Coney Island New Years Day Polar Bear Plunge (I checked all ~300; she was not in any of them, but do check again in case I missed anything) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coney_island_polarbear_club_usa/albums/72157623117061334/page2

ehhktwD.jpgbwSqXyI.jpg

*also to note - we do have HQ versions of both of these pics + more, however those versions were scammed from Mike unfortunately in 2018 & I don't think its right to provide those (considering how they were obtained). I literally couldn't find the cropped pic on the right in its current quality on the Internet, so I grabbed an ss from Tik Tok. 

June 19th, 2010 - Coney Island Mermaid Parade (possibly in one of the ~400 pics linked below - Lana implied that she was going to this event on Twitter like 3 days prior to this event) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coney_island_polarbear_club_usa/albums/72157624262105247

lPqTY1H.jpg

4 minutes ago, lizzyology said:

Just going to drop this here, as it got lost in my status updates & I think everyone should have an easy access to it lol.

There are over 700 photos across both Flickr albums linked below from 2010, so I took on the task of possibly finding Lana in the crowd. Feel free to "where's Waldo" Lana in both albums  :crai: .

January 1st, 2010 - Coney Island New Years Day Polar Bear Plunge (I checked all ~300; she was not in any of them, but do check again in case I missed anything) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coney_island_polarbear_club_usa/albums/72157623117061334/page2

ehhktwD.jpgbwSqXyI.jpg

*also to note - we do have HQ versions of both of these pics + more, however those versions were scammed from Mike unfortunately in 2018 & don't think its right to provide those (considering how they were obtained). I literally couldn't find the cropped pic on the left in its current quality on the Internet, so I grabbed an ss from Tik Tok. 

June 19th, 2010 - Coney Island Mermaid Parade (possibly in one of the ~400 pics linked below - Lana implied that she was going to this event on Twitter like 3 days prior to this event) 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coney_island_polarbear_club_usa/albums/72157624262105247

What's her pants say?

I was re-reading this old interview with David Nichtern and noticed that he confirmed that Lana & 5 Points Records officially ended their deal on the 1st of April.

At her request, we signed a new agreement with her on April 1st — which is only three months later — which she asked us to shelve the record. We took the record down at her request.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120202073819/http://read.mtvhive.com/2012/01/30/lana-del-rey-first-album-5-points-records-interview/

The day after (April 2nd), she did did this shoot with Chuck. With this interview, it pretty much sums it up to be a freedom-statement shoot - she liberated herself. :wowcry:

sIgi7yf.jpg

z445hpI.png