TrailerParkDarling

LANA SLEUTHING

I was lurking about on myspace and came across, SparkleJumpRopeQueen. It's apparently Lizzy and they have been a member since 2008 and haven't logged on since 2009. Was that an old account of Lizzy's?

But the main question here is, what the hell does this mean?

.. .. .. Lizzy Grant was born on the day of Worldly Rapture. She is inspired by Caffeine, G-d, and David Lee Roth. She spent two years as a trapese artist in a southern California circus. She's been married four times in 5 countries. Having shared the stage with such acts as Mirah, The Blow, and John Mayer, it's no surprise that she's one of the most sought after and intriguing acts to have errupted on the New York music scene. A regular friend and influence on the downtown crowd, Lizzy Grant has been named the unofficial sweetheart by hipster musicologists everywhere. A winner of the Williamsburg Live Songwriting Contest, and notorious femme fatale, she's sweeter than yo mama's apple pie .. ...... 

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

I was lurking about on myspace and came across, SparkleJumpRopeQueen. It's apparently Lizzy and they have been a member since 2008 and haven't logged on since 2009. Was that an old account of Lizzy's?

But the main question here is, what the hell does this mean?

.. .. .. Lizzy Grant was born on the day of Worldly Rapture. She is inspired by Caffeine, G-d, and David Lee Roth. She spent two years as a trapese artist in a southern California circus. She's been married four times in 5 countries. Having shared the stage with such acts as Mirah, The Blow, and John Mayer, it's no surprise that she's one of the most sought after and intriguing acts to have errupted on the New York music scene. A regular friend and influence on the downtown crowd, Lizzy Grant has been named the unofficial sweetheart by hipster musicologists everywhere. A winner of the Williamsburg Live Songwriting Contest, and notorious femme fatale, she's sweeter than yo mama's apple pie .. ...... 

Hey I merged this :creep:

Lana interview that is not as seen as others, thought I would share. This quote is nice "My goal is to be a good person who lives with dignity and grace.”

I wonder about the voice thing.. thinking people would think she was air headed.. does the voice really change that? So odd.. surreal to picture Born to Die sung in the 'Lizzy' voice though.

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/lana-del-rey-interview

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Lana interview that is not as seen as others, thought I would share.

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/lana-del-rey-interview

ADMIN / FEATURES / 29 · 11 · 2011

It would be disingenuous and futile to ignore Lana’s appearance, but reducing the twenty-four-year-old’s startling talent to nothing more than a pretty face is worse.

Damn, was she trying to shave another year off her age?

She maintains today she’s not religious - “more spiritual, I know that’s a cliché” - but does say her prayers from time to time.

“I need to do that because of all the trouble I’ve been in. I won’t tell you what, because you wouldn’t believe me,” she deadpans.

I think it's comments like this that fuel our more sordid speculations about her life and make many of us think her lyrics are more autobiographical than we might otherwise.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I was just sent this interview the other day by Headbitch, http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/lana-del-rey-interview

she’s dressed in leather playsuit with blow-dried hair as big as her personality,

During the photoshoot, lying on her back on a motorbike, she strikes seductive poses

tumblr_m3wzsqiwbl1rnrfkio1_500.png#

:oprah:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

In working on the Early Shows subsection, I made an Imgur album of all the screenshots of Lizzy's MySpace page using screenshots.com on lizzygrant.com, lizziegrant.com, lizzigrant.com, and mayjailer.com arranged in chronological order minus any of Rob Grant's domain parking at the beginning or anything after the end of 2011:

http://imgur.com/a/xAKeg

I thought other Lana sleuths might find it useful.

This is a nice interview

http://www.nowtoronto.com/music/story.cfm?content=183939

She sort of talks about death more than just the story of her learning humans are mortals that gets repeated in recent interviews.

“I am optimistic in my life. But things haven’t always been that easy, and death is a part of that in terms of people I’ve really loved,” she says. “I don’t talk about it that much. But when I start to write it comes out.”

Also, I've noticed that her best friend of 7+ years Dan Heath has full body tattoos.. I wonder if they ever had a thing. 

P.S. Charlie wrote "soul mates" on a picture of Lana and Barrie ^_^

some interesting tidbits from older S moda interview (this isn't really sleuthing but I'm really bored)

Hard to find your hometown, Lake Placid. It is very small, just 2,000. No great city. I imagine it kind of like Twin Peaks.
Yes, exactly like Twin Peaks. I was hoping to get out and get to New York because that felt like heaven. I liked going to the corner store and having a man tell you [in Spanish], “Hello beautiful, how are you? 

Do you have time to see real-life friends?
I have a small group of friends that have nothing to do with music. My friends are good girls, with their feet on earth. One works in real estate, one at Bloomingdale’s, another is head of marketing … Miss them.

What do you think about the mainstream divas, Beyoncé, Rihanna …?
Never commented that subject. It’s hard for me, everything I say is taken out of context. Too bad you asked me! The interview had gone so well so far …

You always felt different?
Yes, always. So I wanted to study philosophy. I was overwhelmed by the world and I hallucinated things of concern to other people: what do we do now, where do we go on vacation?, Do you like my shoes? I, however, was always looking for a guide, a sign, a higher power.

^^ sry but that just comes across as so holier than thou

Question - I've seen 'No Kung Fu' on this site with more than the 6 track version (Brite Lites, Get Drunk, Jimmy Necco, Jump, PMIAM & Yayo), does anyone know what I'm talking about?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Question - I've seen 'No Kung Fu' on this site with more than the 6 track version (Brite Lites, Get Drunk, Jimmy Necco, Jump, PMIAM & Yayo), does anyone know what I'm talking about?

no kung fu is just a fanmade ep of demos, if you have all of the demos, you're ok

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

what's yayo lol

:derpna2:

In working on the Early Shows subsection, I made an Imgur album of all the screenshots of Lizzy's MySpace page using screenshots.com on lizzygrant.com, lizziegrant.com, lizzigrant.com, and mayjailer.com arranged in chronological order minus any of Rob Grant's domain parking at the beginning or anything after the end of 2011:

http://imgur.com/a/xAKeg

I thought other Lana sleuths might find it useful.

This is really interesting, you can see where Ben came into the picture, as someone finally hired a graphic designer!

thought some of you might find this interesting:

http://phatfriend.com/2010/01/12/it-might-blow-up-but-it-wont-go-pop/

'i sent her some beats and she immediately started writing to them, apparently they were good for that. within two days she had written like FIVE songs'

there were even links to his beats before and after their session but they're dead now =(

ZRBNill.jpg

thought some of you might find this interesting:

http://phatfriend.com/2010/01/12/it-might-blow-up-but-it-wont-go-pop/

'i sent her some beats and she immediately started writing to them, apparently they were good for that. within two days she had written like FIVE songs'

there were even links to his beats before and after their session but they're dead now =(

his other post about lana: http://phatfriend.com/2012/01/25/before-lana-del-ray/

i think you can still find the beats online, the song in question was heavy hitter. that was one of the most interesting article i've read about her music :gclap:

his other post about lana: http://phatfriend.com/2012/01/25/before-lana-del-ray/

i think you can still find the beats online, the song in question was heavy hitter. that was one of the most interesting article i've read about her music :gclap:

"Anyway, the other day, Lizzy Posted an urgent plea to all her Facebook friends to please not accept any interviews from people trying to dig up dirt on her. This was shortly after the Saturday Night Live debacle and, honestly, I can’t imagine what kinda hell this girl was going through."

:(

"she looked like a pinup model straight out of the trailer park" so amazingly accurate 

It's gr8 that even tho that guy was sort of miffed w/ how things turned out w/ the way they worked together he still couldn't find a bad thing to say about her. 

"Anyway, the other day, Lizzy Posted an urgent plea to all her Facebook friends to please not accept any interviews from people trying to dig up dirt on her. This was shortly after the Saturday Night Live debacle and, honestly, I can’t imagine what kinda hell this girl was going through."

:benmawson:

And this has been bothering me for a while, in the album booklet it says "Thank you to my devoted managers Ben Mawson and Ed Millett. And to A.G."

Who is A.G.?

This question was asked in the Lanalysis thread, but I think discussion about it belongs here, since I believe the question should be what is A.G., not who. In addition to her album credits, she mentioned it a lot on Facebook. Sometimes it almost sounds like a club or music venue (AG = Arlene's Grocery?), other times more like a support group or religious organization (AG = Alcoholics Group or Assembly of God?). Screencaps in the spoiler:

CI955dg.png

CGUfbUL.png

jTIL90r.png

9oLubN2.png

9FEkERo.png

Wrg52o8.png

Any theories?

CGUfbUL.png

"Thata girl, Lizzy. "If He is sought.."

zdUCK9T.pngSource: Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book Online, Chapter 5 (http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/en_bigbook_chapt5.pdf)

"He who wants a meeting of life and power should remember that there is no substitute for the Holy Ghost. He is life. He is power. And if He is sought in earnest, faithful prayer, He will come, and when He comes the little meeting will be mighty in its results." Source: http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/brengle/5f00.0056/5f00.0056.09.htm

that phrase is definitely about seeking god through prayer to be helped. i think ag definitely has something to do with god even if it's not alcoholics anonymous. maybe it's about finding god

---

"u are a gift! What a nice surprise to see you walk up tonight. You seem like you are in a good space these days."

sounds like a self-help group to me

---

sounds like ag is a group from nyc. maybe it's a sub group of aa that originated in nyc? she went to an aa meeting and met ag girls?

9oLubN2.png

this probably has no meaning but

"In the traditional culture of the people of Edo of ' West Africa , the ' oba is both a king and a religious leader." (Source: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_(cultura_edo))

oba di translates to king/religious leader of

-----

9FEkERo.png

this doesn't sound like a self-help group to me

-----

this is frustrating, all kinds of shit comes up when googling ag

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.